Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he's creating for others - fuck his goal tally, in my view.

His assist numbers have increased this season on previous seasons and there's still 3 months to go and plenty of games in two competitions.

I also feel teams stifle us and drop far deeper than they used to when Kane came onto the scene. The change in mindset for clubs thinking they could get a win to settling for a draw or counter took a lot of his greedy elements into stifled situations.

The fact he's been able to evolve, show his selfless ways to drag people out of position in order to open up the space the man marking has developed due to how closely he's watched is fantastic. The finest players add strings to their bow and he's become such an intelligent footballer as opposed to just a brute from 30 yards and closer.

Those pockets of space put other teams in no mans land when players like Del, Sonny, Lucas etc alternate with him, we really are so lucky to have him

If he's creating for others - fuck his goal tally, in my view.

His assist numbers have increased this season on previous seasons and there's still 3 months to go and plenty of games in two competitions.
I know, I get that. I appreciate he has improved his all-round game. Just, I loved the goals flowing.

With Chelsea's transfer ban coming into effect over the next two windows, I'd love to see us make the most of it and nab 4-5 younger players, albeit not in the same way they have of course from other youth establishments across the South.

With them out of the picture for another year it could be a really good time to take advantage of their business model becoming extremely stifled, I would love to see the club genuinely make the most of their money men ways being shackled for a year. Get those scouts at as many U16 games as possible Poch

I would prefer to let Eriksen contract run down and have him for another tear than swap him for Bale plus money, not a doubt about that.

We can't afford to do that, anybody half-decent now costs £40m and we don't have the resources to buy without selling players. Letting Eriksen leave for nothing would mean we couldn't afford to replace him when he does go. If he won't sign then we need to sell him, take the £120m and use it on a couple of top young players. Just look at the situation Woolwich are in letting players like Sanchez and Ramsey run down their contracts, they are costing themselves huge amounts of money and can barely afford to make loan signings. We cannot end up like that.

So Chelsea just hit with a two window ban ... that applies from now but as with Barca and Real there will likely be a very lengthy appeal which will almost certainly last well past this summer ...

What that probably means is that Chelsea will have this window to complete three windows worth of business, and that's with a manager on his last legs, couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of cunts

Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

So Chelsea just hit with a two window ban ... that applies from now but as with Barca and Real there will likely be a very lengthy appeal which will almost certainly last well past this summer ...

What that probably means is that Chelsea will have this window to complete three windows worth of business, and that's with a manager on his last legs, couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of cunts

Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

At least if it ever happens to us we can claim we have already served the ban!

So regarding Chelsea... are there any transfer targets where they would have been our main competition? If so, now's the time to take advantage.

American_Psycho-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1483994504848._RI_SX940_.jpg

I miss the old even greedier Kane. Get the ball and have a shot. Since he's developed his game to come short and play, his goal numbers have declined somewhat. Though of course you see the rest of the team benefit.
not sure its that simple. we've been really flat at home pretty much all season, certainly not the purring machine we were for large spells last year. Constant injuries/other absence and personnel changes in his supply line, and a midfield that's been largely thrown together out of need. It not hard to imagine he'd have scored 5 or 6 more, but for those things.

Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale, 29, has no interest in returning to the Premier League and the Wales international wants to see out his contract at the Bernabeu, which expires in 2022. (AS)

Back
Top Bottom