Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Few people here still clamoring for Grealish? Ffs

I still get upset we didn’t sign Ousmane Dembele when we had the chance 2 years ago. Spurs fan too and cocked that one up
I actually suspect we might try again this summer. Probably offers 10m less too

Llorente is pointless unless we're going to play Rochdale, Stockport and Tranmere on weekly basis. That would require 2/3 consecutive seasons of back to back relegations though.

Wouldn't mind Sissoko as squad option tbh but if a very good offer comes for him like a 40m from chinese club we should take it imo and reinvest on younger and more talented replacement like Diawara or Cyprien.

As for Davies, there's literally nothing remarkable about his game, probably the most 'meh' player in the entire squad second only to Trippier. Wouldn't you replace him for a younger, dynamic LB?

No, he's not. Llorente scored against West Ham, Chelsea, Watford, Dortmund and Tranmere this season. Let's not forget his asissts led to goals against Watford, Newcastle and Leicester. And that goal Eriksen goal against Inter where he was crucial.
Llorente isn't anything special, but we won't find better player just to sit on the bench and play 10 minutes in 2 months. Only veteran players would do it, and there isn't anyone better than Llorente for that.

I would replace Davies if we had money to spend on 2nd full-back. I think we have much important position to fill. And if we can sell anyone for good price, I would sell Rose and for that money bring proper full-back. But that's just a dream I guess.

Good, let him go. He'd be a good fit for Chelsea.

WP5Tuoj.jpg

Chelsea do LOVE a player who can fall asleep on holiday.

Remember guys, we can ONLY sign players if other Premier League teams want them.

:pocheyes:

Last edited:
Renato Sanches: "I'm not happy here - I'm working hard but never get the chance to play. I have to play more, maybe at a different club. I'll think about that."

Possibly controversial (due to his stint as Swansea), but although he's had a huge fall from grace and it would be a big risk, I think there is an incredible amount of untapped potential in Renato Sanches. He seems very driven and determined to prove himself and I feel Poch could use that massively to do what he does best with young players

He might be a risk worth taking this summer for a CM spot to replace the qualities we lost with Moose, plus, seems like he would fit our mould of signing young players
Good shout.

“People tell me up at Villa he’s improving, his attitude’s improved.
“But I can only think that this is because of quotas. It doesn’t make any sense to me.
“Who is he going to oust in the Chelsea side? Nobody.
“Everyone keep saying ‘he’s young, he’s got potential’, I’m not having it.
“This for me, from Chelsea’s viewpoint, is a miss.”

“People tell me up at Villa he’s improving, his attitude’s improved.
“But I can only think that this is because of quotas. It doesn’t make any sense to me.
“Who is he going to oust in the Chelsea side? Nobody.
“Everyone keep saying ‘he’s young, he’s got potential’, I’m not having it.
“This for me, from Chelsea’s viewpoint, is a miss.”

The all knowing Paul Mariner.

I still believe that we should look at Ligue 1 to strengthen the squad. Lots of quality players there, especially at some of the positions we have problems the most like Central midfield and fullbacks. We could really use someone like Ndombele etc... Our philosophy should be taking the best players out of top 4 teams (like Lyon, Lazio, Lille, Valencia, Napoli etc...), not taking the unwanted players from the top-top teams (like we did with Aurier for example).

Last edited:
I still believe that we should look at Ligue 1 to strengthen the squad. Lots of quality players there, especially at some of the positions we have problems the most like Central midfield and fullbacks. We could really use someone like Ndombele etc... Our philosophy should be taking the best players out of top 4 teams, not taking the unwanted players from the top-top teams.

Welcome to the world of £100m pricetags.

Back
Top Bottom