Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think we are going to replicate that anytime soon under our current business model?

Our league form is more representative of where we are heading if we continue to operate as we are in this current climate, we are regressing in the league.

Using a knockout comp as an indicator of how well we are doing is absurd, even Poch has said we need to improve and he has made it abundantly clear that he is worried we are going backwards or we are at risk of doing so if we don't get reinforcements and change our project to match the ambition of teams above us.

But by all means, continue to celebrate Levy and his ability to save money even if it means we go backwards.
Also if you use the CL final as the measuring scale, it's pretty likely you will have to say we have gone backwards at the end of next season. But then of course the measurement scale will get changed.

Premier League Summer Transfer Window

Thursday, 16 May ~ Thursday, 8 August (17:00 BST)

Premier League Signings (15/06/19)

June

Pablo Fornals [Villarreal - West Ham] £24m

Moussa Djenepo [Standard Liege - Southampton] Undisclosed

Wesley [Club Brugge - Aston Villa] Undisclosed

Daniel James [Swansea - Manchester United] £15m

Anwar El Ghazi [Lille - Aston Villa] Undisclosed

Jota [Birmingham - Aston Villa] Undisclosed

David Martin [Millwall - West Ham] Free

May

Roberto [Espanyol - West Ham] Free

Jonas Lossl* [Huddersfield - Everton

Lloyd Kelly [Bristol City - Bournemouth] £13m

Last edited:
Premier League Summer Transfer Window

Thursday, 16 May ~ Thursday, 8 August (17:00 BST)

Premier League Signings (15/06/19)

Pablo Fornals [Villarreal - West Ham] £24m

Moussa Djenepo [Standard Liege - Southampton] Undisclosed

Wesley [Club Brugge - Aston Villa] Undisclosed

Daniel James [Swansea - Manchester United] £15m

Anwar El Ghazi [Lille - Aston Villa] Undisclosed

Jota [Birmingham - Aston Villa] Undisclosed

David Martin [Millwall - West Ham] Free

How on earth have West Ham managed to pull off the Fornals deal?!

He's far too good for them.

Kind of strikes me as a classic West Ham signing at the same time though.

He'll either fail to adapt to the Premier League and England and rot away at the club for years to come until he's either released or sold back to Spain for pittance, or he'll become quite good and hand in a transfer request within a season.

Kind of strikes me as a classic West Ham signing at the same time though.

He'll either fail to adapt to the Premier League and England and rot away at the club for years to come until he's either released or sold back to Spain for pittance, or he'll become quite good and hand in a transfer request within a season.

I'd have been happy with Fornals for that price.

It's no more of a risk than us signing Lo Celso for triple the price. Lo Celso IS a better player but we've been linked with shite like Ceballos etc and Fornals is definitely better than him.

I have no doubt he'll hit the ground running though and leave next summer. Far too good for them and he'll perform better than Payet did for them, who was also wanting to fuck off after a year once he realised he made a mistake in his career.

There is so much money in the EPL that even mid table rubbish like WHU can offer and attract half decent additions, so in that case there are no excuses for us as a club to also attract better player's although whether we do so is another matter.

seems like Eriksen’s tune has changed rapidly.

I don’t see how you can bring him back after his comments. Real have spent a fuck load of money already which means some sort of player + cash deal would make the most sense.

What players make the most sense ?

Isco straight up?
Ceballos +££?
Don’t think Asensio is realistic

There is so much money in the EPL that even mid table rubbish like WHU can offer and attract half decent additions, so in that case there are no excuses for us as a club to also attract better player's although whether we do so is another matter.

True.

Got to think about the mindset of some of these players though when the thought of signing for West Ham is tempting just because of money.

seems like Eriksen’s tune has changed rapidly.

I don’t see how you can bring him back after his comments. Real have spent a fuck load of money already which means some sort of player + cash deal would make the most sense.

What players make the most sense ?

Isco straight up?
Ceballos +££?
Don’t think Asensio is realistic

Odegaard and £60,000,000.

Still sign Lo Celso and Ndombele and ease Odegaard in throughout the season.

Has Gazzaniga ever been injured? If not, there's no issue.

Vorm isn't ours anymore.

I think the point was our twenty year old keeper could play against man city given circumstance. It's not a zero percent chance mate eh, however long the odds are. Maybe he is readyanyway? I've never seen him play. He wouldn't qualify as homegrown and has zero minutes experience. Still, it's a mooow point, the opinion of a cow, as he already signed for them.

Back
Top Bottom