Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the point was our twenty year old keeper could play against man city given circumstance. It's not a zero percent chance mate eh, however long the odds are. Maybe he is readyanyway? I've never seen him play. He wouldn't qualify as homegrown and has zero minutes experience. Still, it's a mooow point, the opinion of a cow, as he already signed for them.

He would qualify as home grown. That's the point of having him there instead of wasting wages on someone else.

I thought the rule applied to players over the age of twenty one? Sorry, my bad.

Nope.

Signing a third choice goalkeeper because they're English (Rob Green, Lee Grant etc) just makes a mockery of the rule in my view. I think the whole home grown rule should be used to promote your own talent.

‘The current business model has taken us as far as it can’

The champions league final?
That’s a very dangerous thought process, but luckily one that Pochettino heavily disagrees with......
We finished the season 27 Points off the top, we haven’t been that far adrift since 2009, In fact last year it was 23, they are our two worst seasons against the Champions since the Ramos/Redknapp change over, camouflaged by Top 4 finishes and one hell of a run in a european knock out cup competition.......There are red flags flying everywhere, but I’m glad Pochettino sees them even if some don’t.

Nope.

Signing a third choice goalkeeper because they're English (Rob Green, Lee Grant etc) just makes a mockery of the rule in my view. I think the whole home grown rule should be used to promote your own talent.

No, it is right mate.

"Each club is able to list up to 17 senior players that are not English or Welsh and did not spend a significant period in an English or Welsh academy, plus any number of homegrown players up to a maximum squad size of 25, plus an unlimited number of academy and under-21 players"

My understanding is that Pogba wants out of ManU and ManU want him gone as his big wages are not reflected in consistent good performances. They also want shot of Alex Sanchez who is on big wages too.

ManU's problem is nobody wants to pay the same big wages so they look like needing to subsidise the wages until the end of the contract - with Sanchez that may mean up to a subsidy of £200k+ pw (ie £10m pa) for 4 years ie £40m. No wonder their first transfer is a Championship player for £15m !
I also read this morning that Woolwich fear Mesut Ozil will outlast Emery, because his high wages mean that nobody is remotely interested in his services.

No, it is right mate.

"Each club is able to list up to 17 senior players that are not English or Welsh and did not spend a significant period in an English or Welsh academy, plus any number of homegrown players up to a maximum squad size of 25, plus an unlimited number of academy and under-21 players"

But then what's the point?

How many games did Rob Green play?

The thing is, the keeper is a position where you probably don't want a twenty year old playing. It's a different story for players like Walker-Peters or Skipp.

I'd love to see a stat on how many games on average a third choice goalkeeper starts league games. Give him the shitty early round Milk cup games if he needs match sharpness.

That’s a very dangerous thought process, but luckily one that Pochettino heavily disagrees with......
We finished the season 27 Points off the top, we haven’t been that far adrift since 2009, In fact last year it was 23, they are our two worst seasons against the Champions since the Ramos/Redknapp change over, camouflaged by Top 4 finishes and one hell of a run in a european knock out cup competition.......There are red flags flying everywhere, but I’m glad Pochettino sees them even if some don’t.

I want to win the title as much as anyone, but I do feel ENIC and particularly Levy don’t get anywhere near as much credit as they should. From where the club was when they took over to where it is now is absolutely mind blowing.

Imagine where we’d be if we still had Sugar in charge. Some think the grass is always greener.

Levy will spend as much money as possible without putting the club into financial trouble, and that number will steadily get higher and higher every season due to the new stadium he built. He isn’t sitting on money so he can buy himself a PlayStation, it’s all relative

I want to win the title as much as anyone, but I do feel ENIC and particularly Levy don’t get anywhere near as much credit as they should. From where the club was when they took over to where it is now is absolutely mind blowing.

Imagine where we’d be if we still had Sugar in charge. Some think the grass is always greener.

Levy will spend as much money as possible without putting the club into financial trouble, and that number will steadily get higher and higher every season due to the new stadium he built. He isn’t sitting on money so he can buy himself a PlayStation, it’s all relative
I’m Levy’s biggest fan mate, multiple posts on multiple threads that will vouch for that....But it still doesn’t remove the fact as club, Pochettino as a manager, we have hit our ceiling using the current method of operations, we just can’t compete, especially on the home stretch just getting over the line when it really matters.

This is why we lose so many semi finals, finals, come up short in the title races etc etc, there will always be one or two better clubs that will do us over when it really counts....

No matter how good Pochettino is, he’s not God and can’t work miracles, he needs help just like everyone else. I hope he gets that help, he deserves some success, and just as importantly, Levy deserves success too.

Sad but not unusual when you think about the emotional investment involved. Just think about all the ugly men on the internet being conned every day by beautiful women.
And ugly women and OAPs getting conned. Good point.

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense,” said the Buddha.

Last edited:
TalkSPORT reckon they have the list Poch have Levy and Lo Celso is not on it. Just makes me even more confused that we are all being lead down the garden path by a load of fake news.

10440e94ff2257051353293e4b1ea84dda2ffa37071dec10a7a23ddb9ffb5209.jpg

TalkSPORT reckon they have the list Poch have Levy and Lo Celso is not on it. Just makes me even more confused that we are all being lead down the garden path by a load of fake news.
Mate I am not convinced that the club will get the quality that many are expecting but seriously there is no way talksport will have the club list it's absurd to think they would.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom