Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those cunts at SC and their “ITK” really have my confidence in the human race rattled. How anyone can read that nonsense and bring themselves to donate money to their cause is frightening

But as they say.. “A fool and his money are soon parted”

The most embarrassing part of SC is when posters say “ if we sign N’Dombele, I’ll donate £50” , like the ITK’s had anything groundbreaking about N’Dombele or helped the cause, pathetic. None of the ITK’s ever actually come out with players linked before the press. It’s always the press links player A to Spurs, then suddenly the ITK eg that twat Hercules sticks his nose in and pretends he knows information. He’s a total fraud.

The most embarrassing part of SC is when posters say “ if we sign N’Dombele, I’ll donate £50” , like the ITK’s had anything groundbreaking about N’Dombele or helped the cause, pathetic. None of the ITK’s ever actually come out with players linked before the press. It’s always the press links player A to Spurs, then suddenly the ITK eg that twat Hercules sticks his nose in and pretends he knows information. He’s a total fraud.
Hercules has never got anything right ever. Not sure how SC still lets him post.

Because the current business model has taken us as far as it can.

Criticising the way we operate doesn't mean we aren't grateful for how far that Levy and ENIC have taken us, it just means that we realise that the model we operated under before isn't going to be successful anymore given our current improved position in football.

We are victims of our own success in this regard but make no mistake, if we want to move to the next level we have to operate differently going forward.

Unless of course people are happy with what we have and don't care about winning major trophies.

‘The current business model has taken us as far as it can’

The champions league final?

Hercules has never got anything right ever. Not sure how SC still lets him post.

I know mate. This is what baffles me, it’s soon completely forgotten about what bullshit they spouted a year before. Last summer, all the ITK’s including Hercules said we had a tonne of money and we were going big. We signed nobody. It’s honestly cringeworthy the way they ass lick them on there ..... “ oh thanks Herc “ ... “ you the man Herc”, there is actually a rule on there where you can’t give an ITk a negative rating lol you are literally forced to give positive ratings on Hercules posts.

Haven't been near SC since that blue and yellow nonsense...never ceases to amaze me how some people still believe anything those cunts say...

Do you think we are going to replicate that anytime soon under our current business model?

Our league form is more representative of where we are heading if we continue to operate as we are in this current climate, we are regressing in the league.

Using a knockout comp as an indicator of how well we are doing is absurd, even Poch has said we need to improve and he has made it abundantly clear that he is worried we are going backwards or we are at risk of doing so if we don't get reinforcements and change our project to match the ambition of teams above us.

But by all means, continue to celebrate Levy and his ability to save money even if it means we go backwards.

I know mate. This is what baffles me, it’s soon completely forgotten about what bullshit they spouted a year before. Last summer, all the ITK’s including Hercules said we had a tonne of money and we were going big. We signed nobody. It’s honestly cringeworthy the way they ass lick them on there ..... “ oh thanks Herc “ ... “ you the man Herc”, there is actually a rule on there where you can’t give an ITk a negative rating lol you are literally forced to give positive ratings on Hercules posts.

It's all about donations on there mate, that's why they aren't allowed to criticise the ITK, the ITK is what makes the site profit and the brain dead sheep just go along with it.

You also have to factor in that there are some clubs out there who will throw money at the fee and wages to get a deal across the line, whereas levy won't do that but instead will play the waiting game right up to deadline day to get what he wants even if there is potential to lose out on that signing.

And it's a strategy that has repeatedly been shown to be somewhat counter-productive, either as a result of us missing out on signings or in the case that the signing joins the team late and spends half the season playing catch-up

I signed up just to question him , i was banned in about 3 non abusive post's

Hey bud take your point but we really ran on lady luck to the final.
The last 4 months in the league we splattered Bob cat style .
Another season of sideway backyard possession will keep me on St. Ambroise Pumpkin Ale for the rest of my dying days.
We cant continue to hog wash if we want to up our game brother. If Rufus and l canoe we dig upstream then hit the rapids banjo style for max vibe.

And it's a strategy that has repeatedly been shown to be somewhat counter-productive, either as a result of us missing out on signings or in the case that the signing joins the team late and spends half the season playing catch-up
Agree with you but it's a policy that as fan's we have no say or control over just hope that this time is different although I won't hold my breath.

Unless Solskjaer is insane the priority at United is defenders and keeping Pogba and De Gea. Starting with a right back, unless they plan to go another 5 years with Young filling in.

They are in for Wan Bissaka and DeLigt. Money obviously not an issue, just a matter of convincing the players

Back
Top Bottom