Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A fearful start
This does not bode at all well for Spurs.

Of all the deals that have been mooted – including those for elite midfielders Tanguy Ndombele and Giovani Lo Celso, of Lyon and Real Betis respectively – Clarke appeared to be the most doable.

But if chairman Daniel Levy isn’t going to pay up for him, that spells trouble for the rest of the window.

Ndombele would cost over £70m while Lo Celso has an £88.9m release clause.

If a deal for Clarke at £20m is too much of a stretch for Levy, hopes won’t be raised at the club regarding any other moves.

As a result, fans shouldn’t hold their breath when it comes to transfer announcements.

A fearful start

Of all the deals that have been mooted – including those for elite midfielders Tanguy Ndombele and Giovani Lo Celso, of Lyon and Real Betis respectively – Clarke appeared to be the most doable.

But if chairman Daniel Levy isn’t going to pay up for him, that spells trouble for the rest of the window.

If a deal for Clarke at £20m is too much of a stretch for Levy, hopes won’t be raised at the club regarding any other moves.

As a result, fans shouldn’t hold their breath when it comes to transfer announcements.

Slightly different, Ndombele and Lo Celso are elite players, Clarke is a nice young option, rather spunk our cash on the best than on some potential if it means we can’t go after our main targets.

A fearful start

Clarke is not worth £20m. Nothing wrong with not overpaying.

I'd love for us to wrap up deals as quickly as possible as much as the rest of us, but not overpaying for Jack Clarke is no reason to be fearful about the other two.

You know I always thought Pleat was a fine manager and we made a huge mistake getting rid of him just to make room for Venables just because he was a name. Fucking awful manager who dragged us down.

Hmmm. Sort see your point here, but Pleat had issues ( both personal and professional ) and he was sacked for the latter. Venables being available was fortunate. His record as manager very good. After a half season finish of 13. He delivered 6/3 & then the FA Cup. That’s not to be sniffed at. I’d agree when he was involved in running the club he dragged us down and his antics in the 91-93 period seem somewhat detrimental to our success. But on the pitch it was down to Shreeves and Doug / Ray and neither did enough. Can’t really blame Venables for that.

You're not a cunt. You're honest and you can see the truth. Levy will eventually ruin this team through greed and knowing fuck all about the game. I can't believe Poch hasn't just buggered off. But he will. It's inevitable.

As much reason to be confident that Poch will stay as there is that he will go. He will go when the time is right and the money talks. He’s very well compensated to toe the ENIC line.

I don’t know Levy, but know well people who have done business with him in the Mr Buyrite days, and his reputation somewhat precedes him. However, let’s be fair. He’s run a Premier League club for nearly 20 years now so any suggestion he knows fuck all about the game is harsh in the extreme. I’m not backing Levy with blind faith. I’ve said many times that I think he can have an adverse affect. But he knows more about running Tottenham than every single one of us added together. I think what’s different is that he does not seem to let emotion enter his decisions.

A fearful start

So you are suggesting that if Leeds decide to ask £50m for him too that we just pay ?

Muppet

If the price is unreasonable for n unproven player just walk away.

If Bale wants wages of £ 600k PW and RM won't pay enough of the wage - just walk away.

I guess the article is written by a 12 year old to appeal to 12 year olds. Certainly not for adukts

XStlZs.jpg

We are betwixt everything. It becomes a stalemate to the point where you struggle to see how as a club we move on.

Can't pay/won't pay, players too good and too expensive or not good enough it seems.

And yet after 13 defeats and a squad that is clearly deficient....

Well who the fcuk knows but so much for early intent. 18 months later.

Last edited:
This is the window that will define us,
it will tell us where and what the main dudes want from the club.
Do they want us to ride buckshot or scramble raccoon style for top 4 .
The first 11 needs Yukon gold just to retain top 4 . If it dont happen know after our rollercoaster to the final it aint never going to happen.
Just praying for a Prairie moon.

A fearful start

This is like saying since Levy won’t overpay for hamburgers he will never buy steak.

We are betwixt everything. It becomes a stalemate to the point where you struggle to see how as a club we move on.

Can't pay/won't pay, players too good and too expensive or not good enough it seems.

And yet after 13 defeats and a squad that is clearly deficient....

Well who the fcuk knows but so much for early intent. 18 months later.
You and defeats for fuck sake. 2 defeats or 3 draws its all the same thing. It’s just about points dropped.

Back
Top Bottom