Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It depends on the sources, which range from extremely reliable to utter bullshit.

Here's a rough guide:

At the moment you'd say there's clearly truth in our interest in signing Lo Celso, Ndombele, Sessegnon and Jack Clarke.

Thanks.. very helpful

As much reason to be confident that Poch will stay as there is that he will go. He will go when the time is right and the money talks. He’s very well compensated to toe the ENIC line.

I don’t know Levy, but know well people who have done business with him in the Mr Buyrite days, and his reputation somewhat precedes him. However, let’s be fair. He’s run a Premier League club for nearly 20 years now so any suggestion he knows fuck all about the game is harsh in the extreme. I’m not backing Levy with blind faith. I’ve said many times that I think he can have an adverse affect. But he knows more about running Tottenham than every single one of us added together. I think what’s different is that he does not seem to let emotion enter his decisions.
I take your point but I see Levy as someone who sees the

SuG5e1J.gif

As much reason to be confident that Poch will stay as there is that he will go. He will go when the time is right and the money talks. He’s very well compensated to toe the ENIC line.

I don’t know Levy, but know well people who have done business with him in the Mr Buyrite days, and his reputation somewhat precedes him. However, let’s be fair. He’s run a Premier League club for nearly 20 years now so any suggestion he knows fuck all about the game is harsh in the extreme. I’m not backing Levy with blind faith. I’ve said many times that I think he can have an adverse affect. But he knows more about running Tottenham than every single one of us added together. I think what’s different is that he does not seem to let emotion enter his decisions.

I take your point but I see Levy as someone who sees the Spurs purely as a business. A money making making endeavour. He has, in my opinion, no concept of the beauty and purity of the game as we the aficionados do. He sees nothing but pounds signs running around on the pitch much as the WW1 generals saw the soldiers as sheep. Silverware doesn't belong in his vocabulary. It's all about the money and the enjoyment of the business side of the game. To me, that is the essence of what a chairman shouldn't be.

Noted ITK Hercules stated that we would break the bank and spend possible 200m.

Many people elsewhere took his word as gospel. None here.

Hercules you say, that ITK font of all knowledge?

Who: Hercules
When: 14th June
Where: SC

Hercules said:
We have three main targets, that is not dependent on CE staying, though the likelihood is he is likely to commit to a new contract. Anyway, the three targets is not dependent on balancing the books. If all three was given ALL CLEAR-we would conclude those deals, and then add a youngster for under 15m. After that we could only trade after we sell. If we don’t sell, I doubt we would do business until the near end of TW.

So please friends, stop speculating on some of the bs in the press! COYS!!!
The bold highlighted text is in code, and translated it means:

TOTAL BOLLOCKS

Last edited:
Christ I'm getting really nervous about Ndombele now.
Juve and RM linked :/ City always a danger to swoop in.

Not happy to hear that Levy opened with only a 40m gbp bid.
I feel like too low of an opening bid risks insulting Aulas, and worry he may delay and court other clubs to punish Levy for disregarding his valuation.

Apparently Ndombele is doing well in international play (haven't watched the recent internationals due to work) which is only going to make things harder.

Those cunts at SC and their “ITK” really have my confidence in the human race rattled. How anyone can read that nonsense and bring themselves to donate money to their cause is frightening

But as they say.. “A fool and his money are soon parted”
SC treats their posters like shit!
Always got their hand out for money
And have a band of dickheads fawning over them
They can keep their PAYE forum!
TFC is the best going around

Those cunts at SC and their “ITK” really have my confidence in the human race rattled. How anyone can read that nonsense and bring themselves to donate money to their cause is frightening

But as they say.. “A fool and his money are soon parted”

Sad but not unusual when you think about the emotional investment involved. Just think about all the ugly men on the internet being conned every day by beautiful women.

sorry, i'm feeling a bit emotional :pochcry:

Today's BBC offering.

Tottenham have ruled out a move for Sporting Lisbon's Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes, 24, who has been linked with Manchester United. (Mail)

Manchester United are favourites to sign Argentina international Giovani Lo Celso, 23, but Real Betis have put a £67m asking price on their midfielder, who has also been linked with Tottenham. (inews)

Leeds will reject any interest from Tottenham in 18-year-old forward Jack Clarke and from Aston Villa for 23-year-old midfielder Kalvin Phillips. (Star)

Lazio have valued Albania goalkeeper Thomas Strakosha at 50m euros (£44.5m) The 24-year-old has been linked with both Woolwich and Tottenham. (Il Messaggero, via Football.London)

Lets hope today's newspaper gossip is wrong.

Makes depressimg reading.

We sure seem to have no leverage whatsoever after 4 years in the Champion's League, a so called top manager and a stadium we are told is the envy of many of even the biggest clubs in the world.
At the moment it's all gossip and hearsay that is being touted around even itk has to be treated with caution, so in that regard we have no idea how our profile is now seen around Europe by club's, player's and agents but I would assume it's better than what is was previously.
You also have to factor in that there are some clubs out there who will throw money at the fee and wages to get a deal across the line, whereas levy won't do that but instead will play the waiting game right up to deadline day to get what he wants even if there is potential to lose out on that signing.

Back
Top Bottom