Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fazio, definitely. He went on to major success elsewhere.

As for the other two, comparing them to a guy who has more goals than both combined is classic you. They score any goals of the magnitude of Lucas' away to Barcelona?

Guess you wrote off Sissoko, Lamela, Rose etc. too?

Won't even get started with you comparing Lucas to Osvaldo.

LuCaS iS bAd LiKe OsVaLdO aNd BaKaYoKo

:sonpoint:

I genuinely despair at some people......name a PL club outside City with better benchwarmers than Lamela and Moura.

People can reel off Hudson-Odoi all they like, he´s played about 3 minutes and done fuck all to be honest.
They want quality options and depth in squad, then they want to swap out just that for an 18yr old prospect who has failed to prove himself in his first PL season.

How is Sessengon going to take us up a level? A player who is not a step up from Trippier, KWP, Davies and Rose. Just makes me laugh that Sessengon would be the typical infamous "Levy signing"......cheap punt on unproven potential, signed to fill a quota, take years to develope into what Poch considers ready, and will end up playing for Fulham next season anyway on loan.

Yeah, just the missing link we need to push us to the title

name a PL club outside City with better benchwarmers than Lamela and Moura.

People can reel off Hudson-Odoi all they like, he´s played about 3 minutes and done fuck all to be honest.

Fascists: Hudson-Odoi, Loftus Cheek, Drinkwater, Barclay
Woolwich: Cech, (take your pick: Ozil, Ramsay, Torreira); Welbeck
United: Mata; Fred, Sanchez
Liverpool: Henderson, Lallana, Oxlade-C, Keita, Shaquiri, Sturridge, Wijnaldum

We have Lamela and Lucas. Seriously?

Did you see Hudson-Odoi's latest performance and goal? I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Did you see Hudson-Odoi's latest performance and goal? I'd take him in a heartbeat.
So much wrong with this post.

Absolutely hilarious set of names you've put up for Chelsea. Even funnier at United. Then you go and top it all with Woolwich.

Fred and Alexis Sanchez are going down as two of the worst signings in PL history.

Henderson? Lallana? DRINKWATER?!

Good for my morning chuckle.

Absolutely hilarious set of names you've put up for Chelsea. Even funnier at United. Then you go and top it all with Woolwich.

Fred and Alexis Sanchez are going down as two of the worst signings in PL history.

The request was for "better benchwarmers than Lamela and Lucas". You're seriously saying that you wouldn't take any of those 15 or so names? (OK maybe not Drinkwater!)

Mata?
Hudson-Odoi?
Any of the Liverpool mob?
Ramsay?
Sturridge or Welbeck as Kane's understudy?

In terms of replacing Moura or Lamela, Id take Mata from that lot

Not sure why you´d play Cech as an AM to be honest. Fred? Sanchez? Lallana? Are you drunk?
As for Hudson-Odoi and his last goal, maybe we should just buy Townsend back.
SEE WHAT HE DID AGAINST CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:avbshit:

The request was for "better benchwarmers than Lamela and Lucas". You're seriously saying that you wouldn't take any of those 15 or so names? (OK maybe not Drinkwater!)

Mata?
Hudson-Odoi?
Ramsay?

And if we had Sturridge or Barkley, youd want Moura

I find it beyond weird that someone thinks Cech is a better option than Moura

The request was for better "benchwarmers that Lamela or Lucas (nothing about AMs only)". I reeled off about 15 names (almost) all of which would be preferable to the above.

In order to back up your original request you rule out all of them (except Mata).

You'd prefer Llorente to Welbeck or Sturridge?

Lamela or Lucas to Wijnaldum or Loftus-Cheek? Are you mad?

Mata?
Hudson-Odoi?
Ramsay?
Of the names you put up I'd only take Mata and RLC.

Sturridge or Welbeck over Llorente? No thank you. Both crocked, both average.

And if we had Sturridge or Barkley, youd want Moura

Nope. Are you two being serious or deliberately argumentative (trolling)?

I'd take almost anyone from my "top of the head" list in preference to Lamela and Lucas (although I'm on record as saying that Lucas should be given more time. Lamela should be moved on)

The request was for better "benchwarmers that Lamela or Lucas (nothing about AMs only)". I reeled off about 15 names (almost) all of which would be preferable to the above.

Fairly obvious I would not swap Moura for a DM, CB or goalkeeper......or so I thought

In order to back up your original request you rule out all of them (except Mata).

You'd prefer Llorente to Welbeck or Sturridge?

Who said anything about Llorente? Did I say no one had a better player than Llorente on their bench?
No....I didnt did I

Lamela or Lucas to Wijnaldum or Loftus-Cheek? Are you mad?

No I just dont get hard ons for other teams average players, and pretend they are better than our own.
We are talking about upgrading..... Lamela and Moura have ten goals between them this season.

Loftus Cheek and Wijnaldum have 2. Loftus Cheek has played 3 games
#upgrade

If you check the original post it said nothing about AMs, just "benchwarmers". Once again, goalposts being moved.
So how is Cech better than Moura in your infinite wisdom
We have Gazzaniga and Vorm.....but youd rather have Cech on the bench than Moura?
Fucking scenes

:pochfacepalm:

mikes01666

Forget the goalposts being moved trump card you keep playing.......now you know what I meant, care to revise your list of better benchwarmers in the AM positions in our top 6 rivals then?
Outside City, as I said

Back
Top Bottom