Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bollocks would it.

Sessegnon's 18yo, scored 2, assisted 5, averages 1.1 kp

Gray's 22, playing for a better side, scored 3, assisted averages 0.5 key passes.

Lamela's equaled Moura's gaol/assist combo in half the minutes, and averages more key passes.

Tom Davies is a fucking CM? How the fuck would he replace either Moura or Lamela?

I’m a stat maaaaaaaan
Beeeebupadabada

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Do an eye test mate. I watch games not graphs. Sessengon is shite mate

Blah blah blah......back to Sessengon.

Basically your post confirms what I just laughed at you for.

“YouTube means nothing, but watch him on YouTube”

Complete nonsense. When it suits you, you want to show off Sessengons Champo skills in a montage.
All taken from games you didn’t even watch.

While you claim that Sissokos clips mean nothing, despite watching him do it every week.
Did you even read his post? You're a fucking tool

Lamela and Lucas both need upgrading on - there's genuinely no separating them at all bar the fact Lamela is probably more creative and will end a season with more involvement (goals and assists). Though I guess people like smaller low centre of gravity players like Lucas which is why he gets a bit more praise.

But the guys we replace them with either need to be home grown talent (Brooks, Grealish, Gibbs-White, Clarke) or someone pretty special to come in and start. I can't see us moving either on in the summer though as I think we'll be too focused on replacing Eriksen and adding depth to our midfield. 2020, likely.

Sessegnon isn't that guy though and probably never will be. I agree with the guy that if Fulham go down, he'll probably stay in the Championship.

Gibbs-White is a CM.

I can't believe anyone would knock Sessegnon but want Grealish. Sessegnon's produced more in the PL this season than Grealish has in he championship and that's in 200 less minutes playing much better teams for the bottom team.

Grealish is a central AM type, and a really average one, we've got Alli for that role already, if we play that way. Sessegnon is a wide attacker/forward who absolutely smashed it in the championship last year (aged 17 scored 16 goals, 8 assists) and is again producing this season, despite playing in a struggling team.

I’m a stat maaaaaaaan
Beeeebupadabada

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Do an eye test mate. I watch games not graphs. Sessengon is shite mate

My eyes tell me Sessegnon is quick, has a brain and has remarkable composure in forward areas for a a kid his age. The stats just back that up, which is possibly why he's been involved in more gaol/assists and makes more key passes than Moura, who isn't very composed and has a pea sized brain.

Gibbs-White is a CM.

I can't believe anyone would knock Sessegnon but want Grealish. Sessegnon's produced more in the PL this season than Grealish has in he championship and that's in 200 less minutes playing much better teams for the bottom team.

Grealish is a central AM type, and a really average one, we've got Alli for that role already, if we play that way. Sessegnon is a wide attacker/forward who absolutely smashed it in the championship last year (aged 17 scored 16 goals, 8 assists) and is again producing this season, despite playing in a struggling team.

Agree, far too early to write sessegnon off given he’s so young and is probably the standout player of his age group. He obviously needs to prove the defensive side of his game but that’s not
Surprising given that he has been played at both LB and LM pretty regularly over the last couple of seasons.

I think Grealish could actually be a good signing, I mean, the difference for villa between when he plays and when he doesn’t is pretty obvious. However, he’s gonna stagnate if he doesn’t leave villa sooner as he needs to kick on but I personally think it’s a mistake to write him off as he has got a lot of potential.

My eyes tell me Sessegnon is quick, has a brain and has remarkable composure in forward areas for a a kid his age. The stats just back that up, which is possibly why he's been involved in more gaol/assists and makes more key passes than Moura, who isn't very composed and has a pea sized brain.

Lucas this season reminds me of son in his first season, glimpses of what he can do but clearly not playing with confidence... especially 2nd half of season... surely worth giving him one more season tho!

Gibbs-White is a CM.

Gibbs-White and Grealish are both AM, capable of playing in central midfield 3s.

Basically saying we should get rid of the wingers we have who can't do anything elsewhere (Lucas) and injury prone unreliable creators (Lamela) and sign players who can either play in a 433 or a 41212.

Though I'd prefer Clarke over both.

Anyone think that Gomez at Celta would work well if we want another player that can play up top alone or off of another striker?

Stupidly I've not watched a lot of championship games this season does Max Aaron's look like a viable alternative if Ben Wissaka becomes out of our range?

I'm not entirely convinced that Poch isn't happy with our fullback options having said that. I could see us prioritising a lb over a rb purely because we have Davies who can also play as cb and 3 "pure" rb's.

Yeah and a few years ago you probably wanted to fuck Son off for Luke Shaw

Just like with Bony, Schniderlin, Berahino and Barkley......I will laugh at this Sessengon notion next season when he’s mid table Champo and you are all wanking off about someone else

No one on board with Jason Denayer ?

Belgian CB with homegrown status having been part of City's academy. Currently playing CL football with Lyon. Looks an accomplished player and is quite a unit. If my memory doesn't fail me I think he played as a RB and DM in his younger years so would fit the mound imho.

I reckon we could pick him up for £25m which, as someone who'd like Ake, I see as a better option given that we'd probably be looking at near double for a deal with Bournemouth

Back
Top Bottom