Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haha

Uses a montage....but but anyone can good in a montage....doesn’t work for Sissoko against Barcelona but Sessengon vs Ipswich Town and video clips are all the rage

“I know YouTube clips mean nothing but watch these YouTube clips.....”

LOL

This “say anything to win an argument” shtick is very fucking tedious sammy.

You are so desperate to score some points,even In a post where I heavily caveat the use of YouTube, you have to dive in with your dick in your hand, waving it about.

If only you weren’t so eager, and just been a bit patient, you might have caught me somewhere down the line forgetting to caveat a bit of footage, some Ligue1 starlet maybe, or a bundesliga hopeful perhaps, but no, you had to shoot your load ASAP, and in the dark, mistook a looker for a ladyboy.

Because I did caveat what I posted, heavily, and also explained it.

I know YouTube makes everyone look good, and that you’ve most certainly seen plenty of him, (and I’m not basing my opinion on his youtube - I’ve watched a fair bit of him) but it’s worth having a gander at this clip from last year, it shows him doing lots of things you aren’t seeing lately under Ranieri. Flying into tackles, but coming away with the ball too, taking it in tight areas, taking people on, but most impressively for me, is the composure he shows, especially in forward situations, not just slinging good crosses in, but playing cut backs, through balls (like the goal he set up in the play off final), and his ability to read and time runs into the box to score tap ins as well, those sort of moves Sterling makes.

But what’s this based on?
Anyone can have a hunch, but aren’t we talking about improving the first team here?
I don’t even think he’s better than any of our defenders let alone attackers personally.

I’m pretty sure if he was one of our own, everyone blowing his trumpet now would be saying he’s not going to make it or needs a loan for a couple more years.
I’d much rather invest in Skipp and KWP than waste money on other teams average academy players.

Our boys can do it in the PL and have shown much more promise.
Sessengon doesn’t stand out in a shit team, but each to their own.

Underwhelming would be my thoughts if we reignite our interest in him.
Much better youth out there.

Sessegnon stood out in a very good team in the Championship last season, it was always going to be tough to adapt quickly to the PL, especially when they completely messed up their squad with all those terrible signings. He's also had to play under two completely different managers.

Almost our best players in recent years have been younger talents, the ready made players we spent big money on were almost all shit. For me signing Sessegnon is a no brainer if the price is reasonable. He's a great talent, he's versatile, he's home grown. He's a player that we could get. I would happily get rid of Lucas and Aurier (what have we really got for the £50m spent on those two?) and let Sessegnon and KWP take their places.

But what’s this based on?
Anyone can have a hunch, but aren’t we talking about improving the first team here?
I don’t even think he’s better than any of our defenders let alone attackers personally.

I’m pretty sure if he was one of our own, everyone blowing his trumpet now would be saying he’s not going to make it or needs a loan for a couple more years.
I’d much rather invest in Skipp and KWP than waste money on other teams average academy players.

Our boys can do it in the PL and have shown much more promise.
Sessengon doesn’t stand out in a shit team, but each to their own.

Underwhelming would be my thoughts if we reignite our interest in him.
Much better youth out there.

Honestly mate I get it. You don't rate him.

It actually only matters if we end up buying him because neither your view or mine is going to determine where Sessegnon is playing next season and beyond.

More than likely it will be a moot point becase we don't buy players.

This “say anything to win an argument” shtick is very fucking tedious sammy.

You are so desperate to score some points,even In a post where I heavily caveat the use of YouTube, you have to dive in with your dick in your hand, waving it about.

If only you weren’t so eager, and just been a bit patient, you might have caught me somewhere down the line forgetting to caveat a bit of footage, some Ligue1 starlet maybe, or a bundesliga hopeful perhaps, but no, you had to shoot your load ASAP, and in the dark, mistook a looker for a ladyboy.

Because I did caveat what I posted, heavily, and also explained it.

Blah blah blah......back to Sessengon.

Basically your post confirms what I just laughed at you for.

“YouTube means nothing, but watch him on YouTube”

Complete nonsense. When it suits you, you want to show off Sessengons Champo skills in a montage.
All taken from games you didn’t even watch.

While you claim that Sissokos clips mean nothing, despite watching him do it every week.

Honestly mate I get it. You don't rate him.

It actually only matters if we end up buying him because neither your view or mine is going to determine where Sessegnon is playing next season and beyond.

More than likely it will be a moot point becase we don't buy players.

Im not trying to drill home to you that I don’t rate him, I want to know why people think he’s such a talented prospect that can take us up a level (while turning their noses up at players like Grealish or Clarke).

Other than being 18, and having a good season in the championship, I haven’t got any other reasons.
Especially as the people that want him seem to feel he’s an attacker.
I could half understand if they wanted him as a prospect at full back, but who’s he going to replace? Son?

Saying he’s better than Lamela and Moura for me is utter tripe, based on nothing.

Blah blah blah......back to Sessengon.

Basically your post confirms what I just laughed at you for.

“YouTube means nothing, but watch him on YouTube”

Complete nonsense. When it suits you, you want to show off Sessengons Champo skills in a montage.
All taken from games you didn’t even watch.

While you claim that Sissokos clips mean nothing, despite watching him do it every week.

But I wasn’t ridiculing YouTube, I was ridiculing what you said about it.

Do you comprehend the difference? Or as ever, do you just no care as long as you think there’s a cheap point to be scored?

What you have is me saying twice that youtube isn't the best way to judge players. Even yesterday I was at pains to caveat it.

I said it once about 2 minutes of footage of Sissoko in one game, doing nothing very remarkable, and also doing some poor stuff, and yesterday about 10 minutes of footage of Sessegnon doing loads and loads of very good things over the course of a whole year.

I din't say Youtube footage has no use or shouldn’t be used ever.

I just ridiculed you for saying...

"You watch a compilation like that and he'll say any player can look like that in a montage.
Not really true, because Sissoko actually does these things week in, week out yet bus conductor acts like its all some kind of video editing making him look good, but in games he's just there, being shit."

....About a two minute highlight reel of Sissoko doing really fucking mundane stuff in a game where we played very badly.

Just grow up. I like a good discussion about stuff, but this constant repetitive twisting of people’s words to try and grind out some petty interweb victory is fucking tedious.

But I wasn’t ridiculing YouTube, I was ridiculing what you said about it.

Do you comprehend the difference? Or as ever, do you just no care as long as you think there’s a cheap point to be scored?

What you have is me saying twice that youtube isn't the best way to judge players. Even yesterday I was at pains to caveat it.

I said it once about 2 minutes of footage of Sissoko in one game, doing nothing very remarkable, and also doing some poor stuff, and yesterday about 10 minutes of footage of Sessegnon doing loads and loads of very good things over the course of a whole year.

I din't say Youtube footage has no use or shouldn’t be used ever.

I just ridiculed you for saying...

"You watch a compilation like that and he'll say any player can look like that in a montage.
Not really true, because Sissoko actually does these things week in, week out yet bus conductor acts like its all some kind of video editing making him look good, but in games he's just there, being shit."

....About a two minute highlight reel of Sissoko doing really fucking mundane stuff in a game where we played very badly.

Just grow up. I like a good discussion about stuff, but this constant repetitive twisting of people’s words to try and grind out some petty interweb victory is fucking tedious.

"Oh ME using youtube is goooooood....YOU using youtube proves nothing"

Thats all I hear from your ramblings

All this is based on Championship highlights. Lamela has done it in the CL, Serie A and the PL.
Other than being 18, why is Sessengon potentially better?

Would you feel the same if he was 24?
Has Lamela really "done it" in the PL and CL though? Do you genuinely believe that?
I think we get any serious offers for Coco this Summer I would be considering them, and signing a young player who has the potential to be as good if not better than him. Sessengnon, if Fulham get relegated and we could get him relatively cheap, could certainly fit the bill.

Has Lamela really "done it" in the PL and CL though? Do you genuinely believe that?
I think we get any serious offers for Coco this Summer I would be considering them, and signing a young player who has the potential to be as good if not better than him. Sessengnon, if Fulham get relegated and we could get him relatively cheap, could certainly fit the bill.

Of course he has, not consistently and has missed about two years with injuries, but at 26yrs old, I think there´s more in him. Personally Id consider swapping out Lamela for someone like Gray, Calvert-Lewin, Brooks or Tom Davies who are young but look more at home in the PL, or just go for someone like Wilson or make an audacious bid for Rashford.

But Sessengon, for me, will not improve us any time soon, and thats the only point of this summer window in my opinion.

Last edited:
Of course he has, not consistently and has missed about two years with injuries, but at 26yrs old, I think there´s more in him. Personally Id consider swapping out Lamela for someone like Gray, Calvert-Lewin, Brooks or Tom Davies in the young of PL experienced but lots potential mode, or just go for someone like Wilson or make an audacious bid for Rashford.

But Sessengon, for me, will not improve us any time soon, and thats the only point of this summer window in my opinion.
Mate, we've been saying for five odd years now that there's more in Lamela. I know he's a massive fan favourite(this includes me, I was never as excited by a signing than when we got him) but I do think it's time we took the rose tints off and admitted when push comes to shove the guy just isn't good enough.
Brooks and maybe Gray as you mentioned may also be good shouts, but Sess is younger than them,, left footed, Poch is a known fan and he would be cheaper than the ones you mentioned as Fulham are likely going down.

Lamela and Lucas both need upgrading on - there's genuinely no separating them at all bar the fact Lamela is probably more creative and will end a season with more involvement (goals and assists). Though I guess people like smaller low centre of gravity players like Lucas which is why he gets a bit more praise.

But the guys we replace them with either need to be home grown talent (Brooks, Grealish, Gibbs-White, Clarke) or someone pretty special to come in and start. I can't see us moving either on in the summer though as I think we'll be too focused on replacing Eriksen and adding depth to our midfield. 2020, likely.

Sessegnon isn't that guy though and probably never will be. I agree with the guy that if Fulham go down, he'll probably stay in the Championship.

Last edited:
Mate, we've been saying for five odd years now that there's more in Lamela.

Thats simply not true.....for two straight years I thought he was fucking garbage, and never wanted to see him play for us again. Then he proved his value, then got a two year injury and has struggled on and off since.

One thing he isnt though is lazy, and thats what I see in Sessengon, just a bottle job of a player.

I know he's a massive fan favourite(this includes me, I was never as excited by a signing than when we got him) but I do think it's time we took the rose tints off and admitted when push comes to shove the guy just isn't good enough.
I think he´s an excellent option to have in our squad. We want quality in depth, and people are talking about "upgrading" our bench from Lamela or Moura to Sessengon??

One thing he isnt though is lazy, and thats what I see in Sessengon, just a bottle job of a player.
Lol can I ask how you've come to such a final conclusion based on 2/3s of an 18 year old kids first season in the Premier League playing for the second worst team?

I think he´s an excellent option to have in our squad. We want quality in depth, and people are talking about "upgrading" our bench from Lamela or Moura to Sessengon??
I didn't say anything about Lucas. I think he's an excellent option to have and is a class above Lamela. Maybe Sessegnon isn't the answer but Coco could and should be upgraded though if the opportunity arises, IMO.

Of course he has, not consistently and has missed about two years with injuries, but at 26yrs old, I think there´s more in him. Personally Id consider swapping out Lamela for someone like Gray, Calvert-Lewin, Brooks or Tom Davies who are young but look more at home in the PL, or just go for someone like Wilson or make an audacious bid for Rashford.

Lamela signed a long contract last summer, he is not going anywhere. We certainly shouldn’t be trying to replace him with completely average players like Gray or Davies. Brooks is a better shout but he would cost £50m.

Lucas is the one who looks most vulnerable to the transfer list, he still doesn’t look like he belongs in this team and he’s clearly not got the full confidence of the manager. If we can move Lucas out and bring Sessegnon for a similar fee, I think we will be better off.

Sessengon for Moura is far bigger downgrade than Lamela for Gray or Davies would ever be

Bollocks would it.

Sessegnon's 18yo, scored 2, assisted 5, averages 1.1 kp

Gray's 22, playing for a better side, scored 3, assisted averages 0.5 key passes.

Lamela's equaled Moura's gaol/assist combo in half the minutes, and averages more key passes.

Tom Davies is a fucking CM? How the fuck would he replace either Moura or Lamela?

Back
Top Bottom