Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fairly obvious I would not swap Moura for a DM, CB or goalkeeper......or so I thought

Who said anything about Llorente? Did I say no one had a better player than Llorente on their bench?
No....I didnt did I

No I just dont get hard ons for other teams average players, and pretend they are better than our own.
We are talking about upgrading..... Lamela and Moura have ten goals between them this season.

Loftus Cheek and Wijnaldum have 2. Loftus Cheek has played 3 games
#upgrade

So how is Cech better than Moura in your infinite wisdom
We have Gazzaniga and Vorm.....but youd rather have Cech on the bench than Moura?
Fucking scenes

:pochfacepalm:

I refer you to the earlier post. "Outside City, name me a team with better benchwarmers than Lucas or Lamela".

I came up with about 15 names within a couple of minutes (OK Drinkwater shouldn't have been there!).

I find it amazing (in order to back up your original post) you rule out talent like Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Mata, Lallana, Oxlade etc. as not being preferable to Lucas and Lamela.

They haven't scored because they are brought on a subs and get 30 minutes play at best.

Let's get this clear. You prefer Lucas and Lamela to Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Mata, Lallana, Oxlade, Ramsay, Wijnaldum etc?

Yes or No.

mikes01666

Forget the goalposts being moved trump card you keep playing.......now you know what I meant, care to revise your list of better benchwarmers in the AM positions in our top 6 rivals then?
Outside City, as I said

Remove Cech, Welbeck, Sturridge, (and Drinkwater - I'll concede here). My list would remain pretty much the same - although I'm sure I've missed someone.

I can't believe that the above question is being put into print! I had to do a double-take to confirm that someone had actually written it!

The only sound judgement - the evidence of my eyes.

My eyes say Moura and Lamela are better, and their contribution in the PL and CL backs me up

You maybe saw him make a few runs against Burnley, Fulham and Wolves, with no goals and no assists and decdied he was better. Good for you

So, in about a month's time, we're 0-0 versus City. Last 20 minutes.

You'd prefer Lamela to be brought on rather than Hudson-Odoi or Loftus-Cheek (or the other names on my 'top of the head list' ?

Now, before you answer "yes". Sit back, and think about how ludicrous "yes" sounds.

Now, before I'm branded a Fascist for quoting only Chelsea names - I loathe them, almost as much as I loathe Woolwich. But I'd take those two players in the time it takes Lamela or Lucas to sign for Sampdoria.

I refer you to the earlier post. "Outside City, name me a team with better benchwarmers than Lucas or Lamela".

I came up with about 15 names within a couple of minutes (OK Drinkwater shouldn't have been there!).

I find it amazing (in order to back up your original post) you rule out talent like Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Mata, Lallana, Oxlade etc. as not being preferable to Lucas and Lamela.

They haven't scored because they are brought on a subs and get 30 minutes play at best.

Let's get this clear. You prefer Lucas and Lamela to Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Mata, Lallana, Oxlade, Ramsay, Wijnaldum etc?

Yes or No.
That's a "yes" from me. Wijnaldum is the only one in your list I would even look at.

Not sure what that has to do with anything. The request was for "better benchwarmers than Lucas or Lamela".
They're rarely fit enough to make the bench.

How can players who don't play be better than those that do.

Danny Welbeck and Daniel Sturridge are not better options than Lamela and Lucas.

If you wanna argue, show me their goal/assist stats. They should be better considering they play upfront, no?

Wijnaldum has started nearly 30 games this season.

He's not a bench option at all.

I ignored it for that.

I stand corrected. I don't follow Liverpool, so had no idea and don't care.

However, if he starts that leaves "benchwarmers" of: Lallana, Henderson, Keita, Oxlade. The choice is much closer here (as far as Lamela and Lucas are concerned). It's much more difficult, but hard as it seems, I'd choose any of the above four over L&L with the exception of Henderson.

You'd prefer Lamela to be brought on rather than Hudson-Odoi or Loftus-Cheek (or the other names on my 'top of the head list' ?

Now, before you answer "yes". Sit back, and think about how ludicrous "yes" sounds.

Now, before I'm branded a Fascist for quoting only Chelsea names - I loathe them, almost as much as I loathe Woolwich. But I'd take those two players in the time it takes Lamela or Lucas to sign for Sampdoria.
HA

So it's ludicrous to say a guy who has been involved in 10 goals from AM this season is a better option to score you a winner than a CM that has been involved in 7?

Ludicrous? Needing a goal in that situation, Id bring on Moura before Lamela, Hudson-Odoi and Loftus Cheek.

If the choice is Lamela, then yes, Id bring on the guy who has 29 goals and 41 assists for us, rather than the two Chelsea boys.

I'm sorry I can't argue with irrationality.

What colour is the sky in your world?

Hudson-Odoi is unproven, and Loftus Cheek has made 55 appearances by the age of 23

Moura and Lamela have a combined career total of 131 goals and 134 assists.
Yet you think the guys with 12 combined goals and 5 assists in their "careers" are a better option

Back
Top Bottom