Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks, Dier, Skipp and....

Behind a further 3 players that aren't even on the books yet? ...Ouch!

...Or does your count also include CE & DA?

It includes the two new central midfielders I'd want us to sign in the summer too. Maybe 7th choice is a stretch as I don't think we'll have 7 central midfielders but he'd be our last choice.

It includes the two new central midfielders I'd want us to sign in the summer too. Maybe 7th choice is a stretch as I don't think we'll have 7 central midfielders but he'd be our last choice.

So all you're actually suggesting is replace Dembele & Vic then? Gotcha...

So all you're actually suggesting is replace Dembele & Vic then? Gotcha...

Yes - although we may also need another central midfielder to replace Eriksen, who I think will be off in the summer. I'd like us to go towards a 433 next season. This requires:

Lloris
RB - Foyth - Vertonghen - LB
CM - DM - Dele
WF - Kane - Son
That leaves Dier, Winks and Skipp on the bench. I assume Sissoko is probably seen as ahead of Skipp so perhaps 6th choice central midfielder.

Either way, a big summer required considering we will be losing at least 7 players. (Vorm, Alderweireld, Wanyama, Aurier, Nkoudou, Llorente, Janssen)

Yes - although we may also need another central midfielder to replace Eriksen, who I think will be off in the summer. I'd like us to go towards a 433 next season. This requires:

Lloris
CM - DM - Dele
WF - Kane - Son
That leaves Dier, Winks and Skipp on the bench. I assume Sissoko is probably seen as ahead of Skipp so perhaps 6th choice central midfielder.

Either way, a big summer required considering we will be losing at least 7 players. (Vorm, Alderweireld, Wanyama, Aurier, Nkoudou, Llorente, Janssen)

Thankfully replacing Voorm is supa low priority. Similarly a CB could wait a window if you consider Dier/Davies in the mix. As for the assumption Serge is done, i'd like to think KWP slots straight in there.

No doubt busy regardless (esp. when considering sales too), but hopefully not as crazy you suggest. 4 sounds a lot more manageable that 7; both in terms of the deals themselves and integration.

Thankfully replacing Voorm is supa low priority. Similarly a CB could wait a window if you consider Dier/Davies in the mix. As for the assumption Serge is done, i'd like to think KWP slots straight in there.

No doubt busy regardless (esp. when considering sales too), but hopefully not as crazy you suggest. 4 sounds a lot more manageable that 7; both in terms of the deals themselves and integration.

Yeah - I don't think centre back is a huge issue.. yet. - but it would be nice to be looking at Vertonghens eventual replacement as I feel Sanchez and Foyth have enough about them to replace Alderweireld.

I'd like KWP at right back but I'd get rid of both Trippier and Aurier and bring in someone to compete with KWP .

Most players Poch has signed in a window is 5, so that's the target in my mind. That was 2015, the summer after his first year when the squad needed some refreshing badly.

In my mind, come 2019, the squad is basically going to be in as much refreshing, if not more, than 2015.

tenor.gif

Lloris
CM - DM - Dele
WF - Kane - Son

Winks is the best centre midfield we have, and the future of ours and England’s midfield. He will, and should be, part of our midfield going forwards. I agree we need a new defensive mid, winger, full backs and depth elsewhere.

Personally I think Eriksen will stay.

Winks is the best centre midfield we have, and the future of ours and England’s midfield. He will, and should be, part of our midfield going forwards. I agree we need a new defensive mid, winger, full backs and depth elsewhere.

Personally I think Eriksen will stay.

Wouldn't be against it. Love Winks.

Last edited:
What do you think would be a fair price for him? Because he's only got a year left on his contract, I'm thinking £80m.

If the club get an offer of £80m with 1 year left on his current deal and no extension signed, I think £80m is a figure the club would accept. Nobody wants to lose him but a year later we get zilch for him and let's be honest there's only a couple of clubs who might turn his head.

Would be so great if he sees and believes in the next phase for the club. We'll know what the crack is sooner rather than later

Back
Top Bottom