Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Damage limitation by Poch I'd guess. He knows that there will take some time for him to adapt to our system etc. And he probably knows that we as a fanbase have been hyping him up.

So he's probably giving him the fitness excuse to buy him some more time to adapt with less pressure on him.
Lo Celso walked into Poch's office and the lemons in the bowl on Poch's table immediately turned black. Lo Celso is not ready to play

Bayer Leverkusen are interested in Jan according to Kicker. No idea if it means they want to buy him now or will try to sweet talk him in to coming on a free next summer.

For a second year in a row the Premier League had its transfer deadline the day before the season started - in this case Thursday, 8 August at 17:00 BST.

The Championship joined their top-flight counterparts in bringing their transfer deadline forward after the English Football League's 72 clubs voted to introduce a split deadline for the summer window in May.

Last season, Italy's top flight also had a deadline before the season started, but it has reverted to the standard closing time this season.

European transfer deadline day - Monday, 2 SeptemberDeadline (times all BST)
English League One and Two17:00
Bundesliga17:00
Serie A19:00
La Liga23:00
Ligue 123:00
Scottish leaguesMidnight

For a second year in a row the Premier League had its transfer deadline the day before the season started - in this case Thursday, 8 August at 17:00 BST.

The Championship joined their top-flight counterparts in bringing their transfer deadline forward after the English Football League's 72 clubs voted to introduce a split deadline for the summer window in May.

Last season, Italy's top flight also had a deadline before the season started, but it has reverted to the standard closing time this season.

Scottish leaguesMidnight
Ffs that means I have to stay up late on a work night awaiting the news on whether Motherwell got the paperwork in on time for the Eriksen deal.

Scottish leaguesMidnight
Jan, Toby, Eriksen and Wanyama to Celtic confirmed

Crazy we made a profit on him.

Then again I always wondered how we managed to get him so cheap. I guess his knee probably came up on any reports prior.

Mail claiming all negotiations concluded today but not saying any sources.

Both Sky and Mail could be wanting to be first with the news - by pre-empting reality of course.

Safer to wait for OS ?!

Mail claiming all negotiations concluded today but not saying any sources.

Both Sky and Mail could be wanting to be first with the news - by pre-empting reality of course.

Safer to wait for OS ?!

And BBC

Jungle drums starting to transmit news ?

Wanyama's trajectory is so tragic. Really only one stand-out season for us, then injuries crop up taking him down in his prime. At 28 Wanyama should be in his absolute prime as our midfield anchor.

So sad.
If you believe for a second that Wanyama's real age is 28 I have a lot of shit to sell you mate

Started training with his national team aged 14 and was brought up in the most notorious academy for faking ages in Africa 10 years ago.

He is at least 30 but wouldn't surprise me if he was 32.

Even if he was 28 he's been playing top level football in an extremely physical style for almost 15 years so it's unsurprising his body is failing him.

I confess I have long wondered this and been afraid to say anything about it.

You see pictures of him with Celtic when he was "20" and....it's tough to believe.
Like Chancel Mbemba who was sold as a 20 year-old or whatever and later said he thinks he's 27 or something haha.

Vic 100% is not 28 though, I mean, full nt debut at 15? And there are like 20 guys from his academy in the same age range who were caught having faked their ages.

Still a good player but I seriously doubt Southampton and Spurs were unaware of this when buying him

Wanyama's trajectory is so tragic. Really only one stand-out season for us, then injuries crop up taking him down in his prime. At 28 Wanyama should be in his absolute prime as our midfield anchor.

So sad.

He was brilliant in that season, and was rightly lauded for it, but let's spare a thought for the half-fit shadow of himself Wanyama who became our only option to provide any cover in front of the back four in those City and Ajax ties, gave us absolutely everything he had in the tank, and just about kept the roof from caving in when it threatened to across all four of those games.

Thanks for everything Vic.

He was brilliant in that season, and was rightly lauded for it, but let's spare a thought for the half-fit shadow of himself Wanyama who became our only option to provide any cover in front of the back four in those City and Ajax ties, gave us absolutely everything he had in the tank, and just about kept the roof from caving in when it threatened to across all four of those games.

Thanks for everything Vic.

Well said...

Viva Wanyama! :pochhail:

Back
Top Bottom