Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Older supporters will remember when needing a goal towards the end of the match, Mike England a big CB used to go and play CF. Now Llorente option gone cannot see anyone at the club that could play that role. In any case even when Llorente came on we hardly ever found him with long balls. It would have been a backward step to keep him at his age although we have no alternative. Parrot is not an alternative but maybe in the future.

Just thought the same...Plan fucking B??????

He played 2000 minutes in two seasons. We played 113 matches, so in total Llorente was played for 22 games. Spread out over 3-4 minute appearances in many a game.

Now he was our go to option all of a sudden
Also, if I am not very much mistaken, part of the reason we appointed Poch was with a view to playing entertaining football. Lumping it to a big guy whose legs have gone was not attractive, and rarely effective.

Also, if I am not very much mistaken, part of the reason we appointed Poch was with a view to playing entertaining football. Lumping it to a big guy whose legs have gone was not attractive, and rarely effective.
But it can be very effective in certain parts of games, we wouldn't have made the CL final without Llorente's second half performance in Amsterdam. Probably wouldn't even have beaten PSV at Wembley without Llorente coming on the pitch in the 75th minute (we were 0-1 down at that moment).

Last edited:
Pochettino’s only brief on being appointed centred around bringing an attractive style of play, making Tottenham competitive in games against the top clubs and making the team consistent. He will also be expected to keep bringing through young players.

That's what most people say, but you cannot prove it. He even missed an open goal from 3 yards.
All you can say is that he was very good that second half and played a vital role in Lucas' winning 2-3. And as I said, he was very important those last 20 minutes at Wembley against PSV with an assist.

It's more than enough and way above average if even half of his headers find a Spurs player. And what did you think of his role against PSV at Wembley?
If we lose possession from a flick-on to nobody, it doesn't do much for me.

He made an impact against PSV. What I am saying is that it is a sad reflection on the manager that he is so seemingly inept at coaching the attacking side of the game that his answer to an hour or more of sideways and backwards is to stick a Giant Spider up top.

I remember a number of years back when we were beating Woolwich. Wenger resorted to playing Per Mertesacker as a striker. How I laughed at how the mighty had fallen.

Club Brugge beat LASK 2-1 tonight (3-1 on aggregate) in the play off round before CL Group Stages.

There was a rumour a few days ago that the transfer of Wanyama to Brugge would only go through if they won tonight to progress to CL Group stages

If he rumour was true, one less obstacle to Wanyama's transfer going ahead

Club Brugge beat LASK 2-1 tonight (3-1 on aggregate) in the play off round before CL Group Stages.

There was a rumour a few days ago that the transfer of Wanyama to Brugge would only go through if they won tonight to progress to CL Group stages

If he rumour was true, one less obstacle to Wanyama's transfer going ahead

Should be announced very soon I would imagine, that was the only stumbling block.

We might not have been fucked from the first leg if Poch hadn't decided to have Llorente walking around for 90 minutes?
I'm not at all a fan of starting a player like Llorente in such a game, but as I said he can be very useful in certain parts of games, the last 15 minutes v PSV at Wembley is another good example.

Any sign of any of these new signings featuring any time soon? Sign four new players, Jack Clarke loaned back to Leeds when we could have done with him. Sessegnon injured, Lo Celso seemingly weeks away from being up to speed and Ndombele gets injured in training after two games. So much for a new player, new season bounce. Got to make do with the same old stale formula that lost 20 games last season and that's with benching two of our best long serving players.

Wanyama's trajectory is so tragic. Really only one stand-out season for us, then injuries crop up taking him down in his prime. At 28 Wanyama should be in his absolute prime as our midfield anchor.

So sad.

The Lo Celso thing is strange. The guy has been playing football for his whole life and suddenly isn't ready to play a full match nor is he even close to it according to Poch.

Oh well. I guess that is why he gets paid the big bucks.
Damage limitation by Poch I'd guess. He knows that there will take some time for him to adapt to our system etc. And he probably knows that we as a fanbase have been hyping him up.

So he's probably giving him the fitness excuse to buy him some more time to adapt with less pressure on him.

Back
Top Bottom