Summer 2019 transfer thread

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Airfixx

Take your miserable whining and fuck off.
Well, those quotes did feature our manager saying he has nothing to do with transfers and maybe his job description should be changed.

As I've already said, I don't believe that to be entirely true myself, but I could well believe that the roles and emphasis have shifted slightly (which I said previously). I'm not sure this is particularly outrageous or controversial.
For the Nth time... Nothing you've quoted alludes to do with the KIND of player we have been targeting.

(Christ, I know you're not this stupid.... I give up!)

I'm equally curious to read your "inside the club" quotes suggesting these signings were foisted on Poch by Levy.
Da fuck you talking about?

I didn't suggest anything of the sort... Read again; I refereed to fans peddling such a notion to get their digs in on the chairman, not that I believed it myself (let alone had proof that it was reality).

Again with this silly bullshit. Do you caveat every post you make with "this is just my gut felling" or "this is my opinion". I didn't present any opinion on this piece of transfer business as "inside knowledge did I? So why the constant need to be a dick about it?
Dick about what? ...How is it silly bullshit? I was trying to ascertain whether it WAS your gut feeling or evidence-based... I don't profess to have seen every fucking comment that comes out of the club. Maybe you'd read something that I hadn't.... Meanwhile I tend to assume you are more impartial than some about what goes on around the club (rather than eagerly jumping on any excuse to slag the CM or the manager)... Hence my curiosity about why you'd come to such conclusion to begin with....

Sorry if i've overestimated you or your willingness to discuss your opinion.

I didn't gloss over anything, I cited the slight change and then possible reversion of Poch's role, I hypothesised that there may have been a SLIGHT change in our process and focus - at no point did I state I had some revelatory inside knowledge - I provided quotes from Poch from the two dates 2016 and this summer and I gave examples of the business we then did immediately after 2016 and this summer.

I also stated that I don't think it's black and white or that we shifted from one clear policy to another polar opposite policy, that we still signed young players from2016-2018, and for the record I'm sure we'll sign more senior, experienced, higher profiled players in the near future.
Fabulous! At least it's perfectly clear now that it IS pure hypothesis on your part... All I was seeking to understand really.

Fucks sake, Blakey.... Talk about round the houses? :roll:

Look at my VERY first post in this exchange..... All the talk surrounding Poch's presser and change of job title (rather than TYPE OF PLAYER targeted) is largely irrelevant to all this at worst and at the very least a deviation of YOUR doing; not mine yet YOU'RE the one getting stroppy and calling me a dick....?!?!?

Forget it.

Last edited:

Register to remove

For the Nth time... Nothing you've quoted alludes to do with the KIND of player we have been targeting.

(Christ, I know you're not this stupid.... I give up!)

Da fuck you talking about?

I didn't suggest anything of the sort... Read again; I refereed to fans peddling such a notion to get their digs in on the chairman, not that I believed it myself (let alone had proof that it was reality).

Dick about what? ...How is it silly bullshit? I was trying to ascertain whether it WAS your gut feeling or evidence-based... I don't profess to have seen every fucking comment that comes out of the club. Maybe you'd read something that I hadn't.... Meanwhile I tend to assume you are more impartial than some about what goes on around the club (rather than eagerly jumping on any excuse to slag the CM or the manager)... Hence my curiosity about why you'd come to such conclusion to begin with....

Sorry if i've overestimated you or your willingness to discuss your opinion.

Fabulous! At least it's perfectly clear now that it IS pure hypothesis on your part... All I was seeking to understand really.

Fucks sake, Blakey.... Talk about round the houses? :roll:

Look at my VERY fist post in this exchange..... All the talk surrounding Poch's presser and change of job title (rather than TYPE OF PLAYER targeted) is largely irrelevant to all this at worst and at the very least a deviation of YOUR doing; not mine yet YOU'RE the one getting stroppy and calling me a dick....?!?!?

Forget it.
The dick stuff is this:

Your gut feeling is your prerogative. Why not own it for what it is instead?
When did I do anything else than own it as an opinion?

(And then there was this omnipresent stat bollocks)

For the record, my opening post started with a question (clearly denoted by the question mark at the end of the sentence) suggesting it was not me stating something as fact, but hypothesising:

Coincidence that Poch is apparently less influential on transfers again - according to his "call me head coach" words - that we have one of the best windows we've had for many a year?

Airfixx

Take your miserable whining and fuck off.
The dick stuff is this:

When did I do anything else than own it as an opinion?

And then there was this omnipresent stat bollocks:

For the record, my opening post started with a question (clearly denoted by the question mark at the end of the sentence, suggesting it was not me stating something as fact:
Whatever, Blakey... Whatever. :roll:

Register to remove

Good solid TW, even better if none of our current first team squad (other than maybe Wanyama or N'Koudou) get persuaded to other overseas clubs whose TWs are still open.

Like everyone, I could still have an Oliver Twist moment ( please sir can I have some more) whether for a forward like Dybala or an RB like, well there were almost no RBs mentioned in TW, or a CB or even a 3rd GK. All fans do that

But if you add that to Skipp looking even better in preseason than last season, and the performances of Parrott, Tanganga, White Roles and others in preseason who all looked at the right level to at least play in he Carabou cup iif not higher, the verdict on the summer really starts to go off the scale of anything good towards the excellent.

In a couple of weeks might even start to think of one or two players for the January TW !

Top Bottom