You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Transfers Summer 2019 transfer thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Ginolaflair, 31 Jan 2019.

1. bus-conductor

#341 bus-conductor, 9 Feb 2019
    Last edited: 9 Feb 2019
    I have, several times. He’s not an exceptional footballer. He’s doing a simple job reasonably well, we’ve got that remit well covered. Dier’s done the same for the last three years. It doesn’t overwhelm me. We need a busy cunt who can also play football. I’d rather develop Skipp, who’s tenacious, dynamic and can also see a pass (see his assist against Preston).

Hell, I’d rather just stick with Winks or even give Marsh time as a pure busy cunt and spend the money on something we need.

If we are going to spend that on a young player, I’d rather spend that on Sessegnon, at least he’d bring something we don’t have.

The last thing we need is spend another 50m of fees and wages on a remit we’ve got covered already. We’ve spunked 150m doing that already on Sissoko, Aurier and Moura.

• Agree x 1
  2. Totti

Yeah - I don't really get the Rice hype either.

I think it's just the fact that he's young and holding his own and people are amazed by it where as I think a lot of young players his age would do well in the Premier League surrounded by better players than those at youth level but just aren't given the chance.

• Agree x 3
  3. Park Lane Mark Twain

Given the opportunity I'd much rather someone like Harry Wilson than Declan Rice.

Not that Rice isn't an impressive youngster, I just don't see the wow factor that justifies all the noise about him just yet

4. Totti

Harry Wilson is obviously not possible though as Liverpool won't sell.

I'd much rather just give Skipp games, who has a much higher ceiling than Rice.

• Agree x 1
  5. Park Lane Mark Twain

West Ham won't sell us Rice neither so I'm not sure why we are being linked to him.

I agree I'd like to see Skipp given a run in time. He's had a great breakout season, very impressed with how he's conducted himself so far

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  6. Gatsby

Formally Christian's Eriksen

Che Adams from Birmingham. He’s a great prospect. Only 22 and is scoring consistently. First half hattrick today.

7. bus-conductor

I think if we are going to lose Eriksen, finding a player with his combination of goals, assists, creative spark and midfield 8 play is not going to be easy. I think the most viable candidate- that’s gettable - would probably be Brandt. I've always liked this kid, still only 22, Bosz has got him playing an almost identical hybrid role for Leverkusen, and he’s doing it really well.

• Like x 1
  8. kuntardi

Speaking of, my dream signing are Julian Draxler and Timo Werner.

• Agree x 1
  9. Hotspurio

Wether you like the idea of us signing Declan Rice or not it dosen't really matter.

I don't see West Ham selling anyone to us.

10. ElTel

They will have to when they get relegated

• Funny x 1
  11. superstaryid

Declan Rice would be a decent punt at 35 million I struggle to see how he's worth more than that even at today's ridiculous prices , West Ham are shipping hundreds of goals despite their idiot fans claiming Diop Balbuena and Rice are all destined for the top as a defensive midfielder surely his job is to protect his defence a bit more than he does

12. KaneAndAble

Problem is does that £35m become nearer £45-50m because the Dildo brothers won't want to sell to Spurs?

13. fogueres

14. _booga_

Need to rescue Maddison from this shit show.

15. Claud601

[​IMG]

16. colatouth

We should buy Robert Skov from the danish league. He scored 20 goals as a midtfield player in the first half of the season, and furthermore he has super freekick skills. He plays for FC Copenhagen.

• Disagree x 1
  17. colatouth

#358 colatouth, 10 Feb 2019
    Last edited: 10 Feb 2019
    and just scored three more tonight - two of them freekick goals.

18. stevee

Any one know the situation with Tielemans ?

He looked very good today.
    Is the loan deal with an option to buy or could we hijack it ?

19. MAN80085

Great game today! Looking at transfer gossip and seeing former targets like Sessegnon in the crosshairs of Utd. and Rabiot looking to get snaffled up by Liverpool or Barca and Rabiot who just went to Leceister - this summer (after the last two seasons) Levy better make sure to get the ones we want - not mince about and "negotiate" those deals out of existence. This really is the time to strengthen this squad. Mess it up and back to Square One.

Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info