You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Transfers Summer 2019 transfer thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Ginolaflair, 31 Jan 2019.

1. Park Lane Mark Twain

#361 Park Lane Mark Twain, 10 Feb 2019
    Last edited: 11 Feb 2019
    People have been saying that for years yet we always seem to move forward as a club.

The transfer market really needs more understanding this day and age, at this particular moment. People say we need to splash out but in all honesty can someone give me the names of 5 players we could have realistically signed over the last 2-3 years that we blatantly missed out on that weren't unknowns at the time? We have the 2nd/3rd best team in the league for a reason,its because the players others aphave forked out on aren't as good as we already have so why spend for spendings sake?

We are in great shape, our transfer money is building up nicely for as and when we need it, we have 3 genuine superstars tied to long deals in the form of Kane, Dele & Son and with the likes of Man U, Woolwich & Chelsea by no means certain of improving with the pool of quality out there to pinch and poach, we'll be in and around the top of the table for some time yet with home advantage soon to be back with us, an extra year of players maturing etc all is good

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. ElTel

Some lovely action there

Kind of reminds me of a Vinnny Janssen vid I saw before he joined us. Unfortunately he never hit those heights again

3. The Dane

We really should be looking at Skov from Copenhagen. He looks incredible this season

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  4. AlabamaSpur

Top 3 needs: RB, RB, RB

5. Totti

I think CM is probably a bigger priority.

• Agree x 10
  6. Airfixx

Swollen Member

So... Who's gonna riot if Poch deems Winks as the main man @ CM next season?

Ditto similarly, Sissoko...?

Winks
    Sissoko
    Dier
    Skipp
    +???

...Intrigued to see how this plays out. Don't think it's a given we'll be gunning for ready-made CM starters like many hope/think.

Then again; it's quite clear Poch doesn't feel as negatively about Trippier as many of the fans; so he may not see RB as a priority either...

7. Park Lane Mark Twain

Another window of no signings would actually be the funniest thing. Just imagine the uproar that in itself would be worth riding it out another season.

Our most wins after 26 games since 1961 yet we are to many in a critical moment with a threadbare squad. I'm with Poch it's class or nothing and if it's nothing again it means we couldn't attract the class. Hasn't done us much damage over the last year or so whereas over at Woolwich the only profit that club made (£70m or so) was down to £120m made in player sales. This time next year if all goes how it is we'll overtake them in the money list, who'd have ever imagined that after watching that invincible team of theirs when we had the likes of Michael Brown, Gary Doherty & Anthony Gardner kicking it about for us. Keep that gravy train running bald headed one. Fuck knows how he's done it or got away with it but it's fucking hilarious and long may it continue

• Like x 4
  8. Airfixx

Swollen Member

Unlike many, I wouldn't shit my knickers if that happened....

However, I'd be lying if I said I could stomach another season's worth of pissing and moaning like this one.

• Agree x 1
  9. Park Lane Mark Twain

A lot of our fans have allowed themselves to become moany old tarts this season, a lot of it because they've let the stadium delays & lack of signings that others outside the club take the piss out of and allow it to get under their skin.

It amazes me that after Grenfell that a) whatever glitch we've read about has happened with the wiring or whatever it's rumoured to be and b) the complete lack of empathy the clubs own supporters have had towards the club in what is probably it's most delicate financial moment in its history bar the Irving Scholar years. The club have taken big risks to grow yet some fans don't see that because the investment isn't wearing a shirt and signing autographs etc.

The moaning has been nothing short of a disgrace if you ask me pal. Self entitled, frumpy and absurd. We all wanted signings and the stadium to be open by now but it isn't, deal with it and get behind supporting a Spurs team who hasn't performed this well in the league for nearly 60 years. Got more chance if everyone forgets their differences with the club and gets behind the boys now

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  10. Totti

Winks should absolutely be our starting central midfielder. Just needs a ball winner behind him and a runner next to him. Though I feel Dele could quite easily be that runner.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. Airfixx

Swollen Member

Still doesn't scream 'big new CM signing imminent' to me....

DM: Dier / Skipp
    Sissoko remains the anomaly in that he's kind of a hybrid between a 'runner' and a DM.

12. Thin Lilywhite Duke

[​IMG]

Throw all the money at getting Wan Bissaka and N'Dombele.

That should be enough to retain the title next season.
    :baletroll:

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  13. AlabamaSpur

That would be great but I’m just going on the previous two windows. I’m going to hope we increase our activity by 100%... aka sign one guy. Don’t want to be too greedy do we?

• Funny x 3
  14. Thin Lilywhite Duke

Sign a player?

[​IMG]

• Funny x 2
  15. Five

Supporter

What is 100% multiplied by zero?

• Funny x 3
    • Agree x 1
  16. Park Lane Mark Twain

Not very glamorous but with money potentially tight how much would Rondon, Doherty & Chilwell set us back in the summer? Still undecided on all of them but if WBA don't get promoted Rondon wouldn't be a bad backup option for Harry boy

17. Guilherme Anater

:levystare: you're hired!

• Funny x 1
  18. Spursidol

Rondon moved to Newcastle - and is now 29.

I wouldn't have minded him a couple of years ago though, might be too old at 30 ?

Would like Chilwelll bit not sure he'd be cheap - rumours of £50m quoted to ManCity

19. Park Lane Mark Twain

Could get 2-3 seasons out of him throwing his weight around. Unless we get a kid who wants to learn off of Harry etc I can't see us getting someone younger & in their prime unless we pay top dollar week in/ week out for them to keep Poch company on the bench.

Could go far wrong with him and could be attainable with the situ possibly facing West Brom. Knows the English game, is a handful and relatively decent hold up play and feet

20. Stopspot

Now I'm a big fat dynamo!

In my mind ideally we would have 3 "pure" strikers. Harry, An older veteran (Llorente, Rondon, pick your poison) and a younger understudy to learn from both. That combined with having Son and Lucas and any potential other flexible winger/AM that we have would make for a strong attacking line.

Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info