Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That is crazily deluded talk. Have a look at the lad play ffs

I have, several times. He’s not an exceptional footballer. He’s doing a simple job reasonably well, we’ve got that remit well covered. Dier’s done the same for the last three years. It doesn’t overwhelm me. We need a busy cunt who can also play football. I’d rather develop Skipp, who’s tenacious, dynamic and can also see a pass (see his assist against Preston).

Hell, I’d rather just stick with Winks or even give Marsh time as a pure busy cunt and spend the money on something we need.

If we are going to spend that on a young player, I’d rather spend that on Sessegnon, at least he’d bring something we don’t have.

The last thing we need is spend another 50m of fees and wages on a remit we’ve got covered already. We’ve spunked 150m doing that already on Sissoko, Aurier and Moura.

Last edited:
Yeah - I don't really get the Rice hype either.

I think it's just the fact that he's young and holding his own and people are amazed by it where as I think a lot of young players his age would do well in the Premier League surrounded by better players than those at youth level but just aren't given the chance.

Yeah - I don't really get the Rice hype either.

I think it's just the fact that he's young and holding his own and people are amazed by it where as I think a lot of young players his age would do well in the Premier League surrounded by better players than those at youth level but just aren't given the chance.

Given the opportunity I'd much rather someone like Harry Wilson than Declan Rice.

Not that Rice isn't an impressive youngster, I just don't see the wow factor that justifies all the noise about him just yet

Given the opportunity I'd much rather someone like Harry Wilson than Declan Rice.

Not that Rice isn't an impressive youngster, I just don't see the wow factor that justifies all the noise about him just yet

Harry Wilson is obviously not possible though as Liverpool won't sell.

I'd much rather just give Skipp games, who has a much higher ceiling than Rice.

I think if we are going to lose Eriksen, finding a player with his combination of goals, assists, creative spark and midfield 8 play is not going to be easy. I think the most viable candidate- that’s gettable - would probably be Brandt. I've always liked this kid, still only 22, Bosz has got him playing an almost identical hybrid role for Leverkusen, and he’s doing it really well.

LIVE Transfer Talk: Spurs, Liverpool target Rice
giphy.gif

Declan Rice would be a decent punt at 35 million I struggle to see how he's worth more than that even at today's ridiculous prices , West Ham are shipping hundreds of goals despite their idiot fans claiming Diop Balbuena and Rice are all destined for the top as a defensive midfielder surely his job is to protect his defence a bit more than he does

Declan Rice would be a decent punt at 35 million I struggle to see how he's worth more than that even at today's ridiculous prices , West Ham are shipping hundreds of goals despite their idiot fans claiming Diop Balbuena and Rice are all destined for the top as a defensive midfielder surely his job is to protect his defence a bit more than he does

Problem is does that £35m become nearer £45-50m because the Dildo brothers won't want to sell to Spurs?

We should buy Robert Skov from the danish league. He scored 20 goals as a midtfield player in the first half of the season, and furthermore he has super freekick skills. He plays for FC Copenhagen.

Great game today! Looking at transfer gossip and seeing former targets like Sessegnon in the crosshairs of Utd. and Rabiot looking to get snaffled up by Liverpool or Barca and Rabiot who just went to Leceister - this summer (after the last two seasons) Levy better make sure to get the ones we want - not mince about and "negotiate" those deals out of existence. This really is the time to strengthen this squad. Mess it up and back to Square One.

Great game today! Looking at transfer gossip and seeing former targets like Sessegnon in the crosshairs of Utd. and Rabiot looking to get snaffled up by Liverpool or Barca and Rabiot who just went to Leceister - this summer (after the last two seasons) Levy better make sure to get the ones we want - not mince about and "negotiate" those deals out of existence. This really is the time to strengthen this squad. Mess it up and back to Square One.

People have been saying that for years yet we always seem to move forward as a club.

The transfer market really needs more understanding this day and age, at this particular moment. People say we need to splash out but in all honesty can someone give me the names of 5 players we could have realistically signed over the last 2-3 years that we blatantly missed out on that weren't unknowns at the time? We have the 2nd/3rd best team in the league for a reason,its because the players others aphave forked out on aren't as good as we already have so why spend for spendings sake?

We are in great shape, our transfer money is building up nicely for as and when we need it, we have 3 genuine superstars tied to long deals in the form of Kane, Dele & Son and with the likes of Man U, Woolwich & Chelsea by no means certain of improving with the pool of quality out there to pinch and poach, we'll be in and around the top of the table for some time yet with home advantage soon to be back with us, an extra year of players maturing etc all is good

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom