Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any one else worried that our transfer business is done for the summer? Poch has always said if the right player isn't available he won't move for them. And if no one matches our valuation for TA, CE, KT etc I see them staying put. Got a horrible feeling.

I am concerned about that, and what's especially concerning is that bringing back Eriksen and Toby to play one season and then be lost on frees is the most reckless spending we could possibly do this summer. That's the financial irresponsibility equivalent of buying Gareth Bale twice, to say nothing of how the drama of their impending free agencies and the club's futile attempts to sign new deals would dominate and overshadow the entire season.

Poch's comments about wanting to turn the page to the next era and his next Spurs team would absolutely not take place under this scenario.

There has to be a plan of who goes and who comes in....can't just keep the exit door swinging....I reckon as one leaves we will soon hear of an incoming player.....certainly not an ITK comment...call it more of a 'gut' feeling.. :thumbup:

I'm now expecting us to be linked with Correa - given his nationality and current club.

Is Jose Gimenez outside of our reach too?

Strange window so far..ndombele is a good start. But I really hope it is just the start, we need some reinforcements badly imo. Not sure why things have ground to somewhat of a halt.

Been a while, since I've been involved in this whole transfer window activity, but as far as I can remember, this is the way things always go. There's loads and loads of talk, then it seems to go quiet, and then the deals start rolling in.

Feels like there's one or two deals (generally, not just us) which will cause the transfer merry-go-round to get started again.

Well, it not's all that bad if they stay though...Everyone likes the new shiny thing but keeping the things that you know that work isn't the worst outcome either...
True, i agree to a certain extent, but like FightingIllini FightingIllini just said.. Losing Toby and even more so Eriksen on a free next year in my opinion is an incredibly daft move when we could coup around 85m- 100m for the pair this summer.

EDIT.. Unless of course they put pen to paper and sign new deals, but i'm not sure they'll do that either.

Kane has spent a remarkably similar amount of time in the stands as Bale over the past few seasons. something like 200 days each, yet no one is screaming for us to stop paying Kane £200k per week and get rid.

Just playing devils advocate but theres some truth there. Kane clearly has an ankle issue that will likely recur, same as Bales dodgy calf.

I get your point about Kane’s injury issues but the small oversight you’re making is that to get another injury prone forward on our books would cost some £50 million and what, £350k a week which would smash our pay structure?

Even if Real subsidises his salary we’re paying a lot for what I expect a relatively marginal gain.

A small bang for a lot of buck.

Latest state of play?

Olmo - all gone quiet
Lo Celso - all gone quiet
Saliba - deciding between Spurs & the filth
Cellabos - deciding between Spurs & the filth
Bale - rumours we are interested but agent says otherwise
Zaniolo?

:sonhmm:

Roma say "not for sale". :eriksenlol:

Bale improves us big time.
He is the quality of player we are unable to sign and therefore don't see it happening unfortunately.

Seems like a pretty humble lad with a massive twat of an agent pulling the strings.
So far it's worked, and he has made an absolute fortune and won everything he could have dreamed of.
The lad still has at least 3-4 good seasons left in him. For 60mil and 300k per week - sound like a great marquee signing with a lot of commercial value. Expect it would be a huge boost for the dressing room too.

If the problem is he left us - sorry but you should probably get over that.
If the problem is his injury record - I would expect 30-40 games a season from him. Thats good for us.
If the problem is the salary - 300k isnt that bad compared with some players on bigger money. It would be a serious statement of intent.
If the problem is his age/resale - why? Every player eventually has a club that they either retire at or move on for negligible fees relatively.

Am I not right in thinking we all want us to be competing at the level of PSG, Utd, City, Madrid, Barca, Juva both financially and on the field? Rather us sign youngsters and convert them to world class and hope they 'dont do a Bale' on us? To be on that level we need to sign world class players. We aint getting close to signing anyone else near his level. Fuck off if you want to tell me that Lo Celso bloke is anywhere near Bales standards.

Personally I would love us to dominate world football with 100% academy products. Next best is to buy youngsters cheap and develop them into world class footballers. Reality is that simply wont happen unfortunately. Nor will Bale - but to suggest re signing him wouldn't be a huge benefit to the club seems ludicrous to me.

Bale would be a signal of intent and would give us 2-3 amazing years and see us seriously challenge for the title

Ideal replacement up front should Harry get injured

I AM moving on from when he petulantly left us

If Poch wants him we should get him if the money can be sorted imv

Back
Top Bottom