Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It could be a send up to pressure Betis or it could be for real and Bale is coming back and announces he just wants to be paid as much as Harry is getting because his real motive is to play the game of his life against Madrid in next years CL final win it for us and then walk up to Zidane and give him the bird! :dembelefingers:

Bale improves us big time.
He is the quality of player we are unable to sign and therefore don't see it happening unfortunately.

Seems like a pretty humble lad with a massive twat of an agent pulling the strings.
So far it's worked, and he has made an absolute fortune and won everything he could have dreamed of.
The lad still has at least 3-4 good seasons left in him. For 60mil and 300k per week - sound like a great marquee signing with a lot of commercial value. Expect it would be a huge boost for the dressing room too.

If the problem is he left us - sorry but you should probably get over that.
If the problem is his injury record - I would expect 30-40 games a season from him. Thats good for us.
If the problem is the salary - 300k isnt that bad compared with some players on bigger money. It would be a serious statement of intent.
If the problem is his age/resale - why? Every player eventually has a club that they either retire at or move on for negligible fees relatively.

Am I not right in thinking we all want us to be competing at the level of PSG, Utd, City, Madrid, Barca, Juva both financially and on the field? Rather us sign youngsters and convert them to world class and hope they 'dont do a Bale' on us? To be on that level we need to sign world class players. We aint getting close to signing anyone else near his level. Fuck off if you want to tell me that Lo Celso bloke is anywhere near Bales standards.

Personally I would love us to dominate world football with 100% academy products. Next best is to buy youngsters cheap and develop them into world class footballers. Reality is that simply wont happen unfortunately. Nor will Bale - but to suggest re signing him wouldn't be a huge benefit to the club seems ludicrous to me.

Latest state of play?

Olmo - all gone quiet
Lo Celso - all gone quiet
Saliba - deciding between Spurs & the filth
Cellabos - deciding between Spurs & the filth
Bale - rumours we are interested but agent says otherwise
Zaniolo?

:sonhmm:

Bale improves us big time.
He is the quality of player we are unable to sign and therefore don't see it happening unfortunately.

Seems like a pretty humble lad with a massive twat of an agent pulling the strings.
So far it's worked, and he has made an absolute fortune and won everything he could have dreamed of.
The lad still has at least 3-4 good seasons left in him. For 60mil and 300k per week - sound like a great marquee signing with a lot of commercial value. Expect it would be a huge boost for the dressing room too.

If the problem is he left us - sorry but you should probably get over that.
If the problem is his injury record - I would expect 30-40 games a season from him. Thats good for us.
If the problem is the salary - 300k isnt that bad compared with some players on bigger money. It would be a serious statement of intent.
If the problem is his age/resale - why? Every player eventually has a club that they either retire at or move on for negligible fees relatively.

Am I not right in thinking we all want us to be competing at the level of PSG, Utd, City, Madrid, Barca, Juva both financially and on the field? Rather us sign youngsters and convert them to world class and hope they 'dont do a Bale' on us? To be on that level we need to sign world class players. We aint getting close to signing anyone else near his level. Fuck off if you want to tell me that Lo Celso bloke is anywhere near Bales standards.

Personally I would love us to dominate world football with 100% academy products. Next best is to buy youngsters cheap and develop them into world class footballers. Reality is that simply wont happen unfortunately. Nor will Bale - but to suggest re signing him wouldn't be a huge benefit to the club seems ludicrous to me.

Don’t think he’s the right player for us at all, he’s the kind of player that Man U might get conned into taking on.

Look at the last few big signings for us - Janssen, Son, Sanchez, Aurier, Moura, Ndombele.

All youngish types with hungry attitude (hopefully) and potential to become better, some have been a hit and some have been a miss but that’s the risk you take for buying potential.

Bale is the exact opposite of this. Almost 30, injury prone, questionable attitude, bloated salary, bloated contract, you say we might get 3-4 good years out of him but equally the risk is that we might get almost nothing out of him.

My personal view is we should keep doing what we are doing now; invest in potential and hope we find more players like Eriksen and Son and Dele who becomes 5 times as much as what we paid for, not necessarily to sell but so that it saves us money.

We’ve become a big club, like I’d never imagined in my wildest dreams but we’re not at that stage where we are big enough to spunk 60 mil and 300k wages on a player like Bale, we should leave that to the likes or Real and Man U for a good few years at least, if ever to be honest.

Talking about Real, I mean even a team that is as wasteful as Real are trying to get rid of Bale; and we should be taking Bale off their hands???

They’d be laughing all the way to the bank and would be talking about how they’d hoodwinked us to taking on their toxic trash for years to come.

Wake up and smell the coffee guys, stop living in the past and realize what we’ve achieved by following the transfer strategy we’ve pursued for the last few years.

How can you possibly compare that to a discussion concerning forking out £50m to bring an ex player back into the squad...??Whether or not I'm happy with Sissoko in the team has fuck all to do with if I think we should bring Bale back. Two entirely different topics...so please don't suppose anything.
I was just on about the age thing. They're both 30 (now), and yet you were talking about Bale like he's ready for the knackers yard!

Back
Top Bottom