Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The window is getting really dumb really fast.

Not for nothing, but there is no sense in bringing in Ceballos without an option to buy. If that ain't happening then fuck it.

The window is getting really dumb really fast.

Not for nothing, but there is no sense in bringing in Ceballos without an option to buy. If that ain't happening then fuck it.

Agreed. Think that’s why you’re seeing the gooner links pick up.

I’m sure they’ll take whatever they can

Any one else worried that our transfer business is done for the summer? Poch has always said if the right player isn't available he won't move for them. And if no one matches our valuation for TA, CE, KT etc I see them staying put. Got a horrible feeling.

Strange window so far..ndombele is a good start. But I really hope it is just the start, we need some reinforcements badly imo. Not sure why things have ground to somewhat of a halt.

Any one else worried that our transfer business is done for the summer? Poch has always said if the right player isn't available he won't move for them. And if no one matches our valuation for TA, CE, KT etc I see them staying put. Got a horrible feeling.
Nah. I still think we get Lo Celso and probably Sess near the deadline. To me Ceballos was always a backup in case the Lo Celso deal fell through.

Well, it not's all that bad if they stay though...Everyone likes the new shiny thing but keeping the things that you know that work isn't the worst outcome either...

For the life of me I just can’t imagine it even in my wildest dreams.

I can however quite readily imagine a front 3 of Alli/Son/Kane while Bale is watching them on in the stands nursing a long term injury.
Kane has spent a remarkably similar amount of time in the stands as Bale over the past few seasons. something like 200 days each, yet no one is screaming for us to stop paying Kane £200k per week and get rid.

Just playing devils advocate but theres some truth there. Kane clearly has an ankle issue that will likely recur, same as Bales dodgy calf.

Kane has spent a remarkably similar amount of time in the stands as Bale over the past few seasons. something like 200 days each, yet no one is screaming for us to stop paying Kane £200k per week and get rid.

Just playing devils advocate but theres some truth there. Kane clearly has an ankle issue that will likely recur, same as Bales dodgy calf.

I suppose those saying 'don't look at the past, look at the future' will be consistent to their own word - and forget every goal and effort Kane has made for the club, and look on him as an injury ridden 17 in 28 striker on 200k per week.

Back
Top Bottom