Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Comments like these deflect from the fact that the board had all summer and failed to bring in anyone. Let alone failed to get anybody to leave on a transfer/loan. They should be held accountable for that. Anytime you are relying on the last day of the transfer deadline day for business is usually a bad sign.

What do you suggest? ...Public Q&A flogging hosted by John Thomas John Thomas live on Twitter?

Poch made a statement already... What else do you expect to see or hear?

Put your pitch-fork down, silly... We don't even know what, if any, the repercussions are.

Something disconcerting about all that when you consider "here's an academy full of the worlds best kids; they're yours to mold; we'll back you head to head against Barca" is just about the best sales pitch one could present to Poch.
He is showing he has one massive flaw though. His communication is shit. Never have I seen a managers words interpreted in so many different ways. I mean how difficult can it actually be? I appreciate some of the language barriers may have a barring but, the club have a multilingual PR guy, Poch has Jesus by his side, yet when he opens his mouth there persists a debate about what the fuck is he talking about. Whether we like to admit it or not, he is fucking shit at getting his message across.

This would be a major worry for me if I was Perez and for the size of Club RM are, very, very dangerous. Zidane, was economical and very measured with his words, Poch is absolutely all over the place.

Yeah you little cunt. I get behind the team unconditionally. You’re a little cunt who bails out before Christmas every year. Nobody takes you seriously as a supporter because you are incapable of support. God forbid you meet a girl and she relies on you. You won’t know what to do.

Top tip. Even if you disagree with her, put your arms round her and cuddle her. Don’t try to interest her with your knowledge about our development squad. Sammy and I won’t give a fuck you Danish freak - it’s highly unlikely that you’ll get to breed - even wearing your stupid horns. You need charm first, and a positive attitude. That’s what women like. You have neither Eeyore.
Whatever you say mate. Not long ago you were the most negative, boring cunt on here. Always whinging just like sammy. I support the club, but I don't unconditionally support every decision that it makes

Not overly fussed, but if we’re honest to challenge for the title we probably needed 1-2 star players added. We weren’t close last year and everyone else is stronger now. Would have liked Zaha and a CM but hey ho. Weve got a strong team and new stadium, lost nobody, happy with that. Reckon we’ll go a bit further in CL this year and 3/4th. Luckily for us Chelsea and Woolwich are a mess.

Grew up in North London you peasant. I was 18 months old when I was brought down from the grim industrial North. What’s your excuse you Kingsbury cunt? You’re not even Spurs anymore. Fucking hippie.
Edgware cunt thank you very much and if thou is born thar thou is from thar Joe Clash Joe Clash !
When you have grown up watching Spurs as a kid at a standing packed WHL you are always Spurs and no pint size slag heap Northerner can even dream of taking that away! So put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Two pints of Wold Gold please Yorky! :dierpochhug:

Deluded Fan, Living in Denial.

Or they have no ambition to win trophies, happy to stay still overtaken by rivals.
Or. Pragmatic and realize that things don't always go as planned.

I'm of course disappointed we could not get a deal done. But I also realize that some times it just doesn't work.

He is showing he has one massive flaw though. His communication is shit. Never have I seen a managers words interpreted in so many different ways. I mean how difficult can it actually be? I appreciate some of the language barriers may have a barring but, the club have a multilingual PR guy, Poch has Jesus by his side, yet when he opens his mouth there persists a debate about what the fuck is he talking about. Whether we like to admit it or not, he is fucking shit at getting his message across.

This would be a major worry for me if I was Perez and for the size of Club RM are, very, very dangerous. Zidane, was economical and very measured with his words, Poch is absolutely all over the place.

I think there is a lot of truth to that from a fan p.o.v, but I see press releases/conferences as just that; Poch 'dealing' with the press, reluctantly feeding them scraps and sound-bites. If anything, I think vagueness and innocuous phrasing is a strategy of his... He's not directly addressing the fans at any times apart from the times he specifically makes it known (a la "I tell the fans... Stay calm. STAY CALM.").

My position won't change that, predominantly, the fans mugged themselves off over #Brave.

Did you have any other situations in mind, cos ou and I have been pitching a very similar argument all summer.

Either way a little press training is no major undertaking if Poch/Levy deem it necessary.

Fair point, but its something I've noticed in other managers. It's pretty evident that Guardiola absolutely loves himself, and thinks he's pretty fucking shit hot with the old English, but his messages often come across as garbled nonsense. Klopp too, to a lesser extent. Even Mourinho.

Damn, after an admittedly disappointing transfer window looks like we're stuck with the French world cup winning captain, the world cup golden boot winner, 9 world cup semi-finalists, the Asian international player of the year, the 4 time Danish footballer of the year and the best youth academy in English football... again damn!

For fuck sake Levy.

Give me a whistle pleb pleb ;)
200w.gif

Back
Top Bottom