Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Breaking news.....

Thinking it was a sachet of my normal vitamin drink, I just accidentally drank a fibergel....... So I'm definitely expecting some movement later today!

Been trying to find an outrageous post I can vehemently disagree with from a cunt I hate....but it's like waiting for a new signing...so fuck it...I'm sure some of you cunts will find a good use for this...

tenor.gif

Modric, Vertonghen, Bale ( who turned him into a world beater AVB ?) Berbatov.
So Dier, Davies Dele Trippier were just punts that Pochettino didn’t want, but turned into world class players anyway?
Janssen was a Levy disaster, along with Llorente Nkoudo, Njie, Stambouli or anyone who doesn’t make the grade.
Anyone we don’t get is becuase Levy didn’t back him, anyone we do get cheap is a punt/compromise coached to greatness by Pochettino, but if Pochettino can’t do anything with him , it’s Levy’s fault.
No doubt one of these will apply to Grealish
No way I’m a Levy sycophant but the hypocrisy is mad. He makes mistakes, yes. He also makes some good signings. He’s not a football man, so Imwould think he doesn’t choose them.
Pochettino isn’t flawless either.
Yes he’s great coach, but he makes mistakes too and that’s okay. Like wanting Janssen. Levy paid £18m for him.
Every other club makes errors with signings. We make no more than any other club.

Also, for a player he didn’t want, he seems to have plenty of time for Sissoko.
Firstly, Dier, Davies Dele and Trippier are not world class players, they are squad players we signed that have been turned into very good Premier League footballers through excellent consistent coaching and hard work. While of course Pochettino isn't Superman, I firmly believe them players would not be at the level they are now if we had a different manager.
The points you make are just highlighting how inept our transfer strategy is at times. We are reactive in the market rather than pro active, which is what makes it so frustrating for fans, especially now since we are so close to success. When is the last time we actively went out and spent money on a player who will really improve our starting lineup? (Sanchez aside)
Also if you genuinely think Pochettino wanted Sissoko, I suggest you read his book where he literally says with words to the same effect "Daniel signed him to see what I could do with him"

Away from Tottenham for a second, is anyone else a little surprised that nobody has tried to make a move for Huddersfields Aaron Mooy? I thought there would be some interest in him from clubs a step or two up from the Terriers personally
That's me with Clucas. Surprised a PL club has not lifted him out of Swansea yet. Burnley were apparently close but he and the club cannot come to terms on a contract

The Labotka story was broke by Darren Lewis who has afew connections within the club, Celta Vigo play a similar way to us ao no surprise to see us linked to afew of their players

Darren Lewis is on Talksport a bit and always speaks highly and respectfully about us. While Plums loke Andy Goldstein talk about us like it's 2004.

Lewis is quite good I think.

Back
Top Bottom