Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally I don't get him, whenever I've seen him play he's been shit.
Going by the reaction in the comment section a lot of United fans seem to think he's a fan favorite which I would guess can only be a good thing.
Although he plays a similar role to Moura dosen't he?

Martial is primarily a left winger for United but started his career there as a CF. Was moved to play as a right winger with the arrival of Sanchez and departure of Mkhitaryan. He would be competition for Sonny.

Going by the reaction in the comment section a lot of United fans seem to think he's a fan favorite which I would guess can only be a good thing.
Although he plays a similar role to Moura dosen't he?
I know he plays out wide, which creates the debate of if this is his correct position. If this is the case and people are debating if this is his right position I tend to start to ask if he's any good at all. People debated Walcott's best position for 10yrs, Oxladide-Chamberlain the list is endless. Remember Eriksen when he joined us? For a good couple of years the debate was if his position was a 10 or left AM, no one bats an eye about where he plays now, yet he excels when dropping deep, number 10 or left or right AM, quality footballers are just quality footballers.

I'm no expert on Martial, I don't watch him every week but given the amount of praise he gets and the 10 or so games each season I've seen him play, I don't see anything outstanding. I don't see a player with vision, he doesn't get me out of my seat, I think he's boring. I've seen him rinse Trippier a few times but that isn't the mark of an astonishing player in my book. Now I could have missed load of stuff but are pundits and the press talking about his ability after each game? Are there highlight reels shared about the place on Twitter like Dembele or Winks? I guess there's a strong argument that he along with a number of Utd players are stifled by boring Maureen. But I just don't get him, surely he should be turning the oppo inside out. I've seen more from Moura in one game than I have from Martial.

Another one...

CoWZ05t.gif

I’d take Federico Chiesa. I still have a soft spot for Fiorentina and would like for us to get one of their hot young prospects for once rather than see them ruined at United/Chavs/etc.

I would like to think Poch’s success developing talent has helped make us more attractive to these sorts of young players.

Watched united against chelsea and martial was fucking dreadful. Not sure he did one good thing all match. Kept fucking up chances, misplacing passes or running into players

In:
Tierney
Mcginn
Bale
Celtic Dembele

Out:
Rose
Llorente
Toby
Sissoko

Vince I'm a fellow Scot so I'm sympathetic to players from our hallowed homeland but I watched Zenit v Celtic last week in the Europa league and I thought both Tierney and Dembele in that game were a pair of fucking cloggers. Tierney always slowed the play and passed sideways or backwards when they really needed a goal to get back into the game (they ended up losing 3-0) and although Dembele played with a reasonable amount of aggression and did a not bad job of ploughing his furrow as a lone forward his link up play was non existent and he looked on this showing Championship standard at best.

I get that this wasn't a great performance by them generally but they're nowhere near the quality we should be looking for at Tottenham.

Back
Top Bottom