Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alternative leftback ideas if we don't get Sessegnon/see him as a winger: Ludwig Augustinsson.
Still young at 23, full Swedish international and basically the given starting left back in the national team. CL experience with Kopenhagen, currently doing well in the Bundesliga with Bremen. Chilwell at Leicester would also be a good alternative but question there is if they would sell to us.

I would also not be oppossed to say Ward-Prouse to bolster the midfield if we do not get Maddison. Florian Thauvin at Marseille is also quality.

Last edited:
Alternative leftback ideas if we don't get Sessegnon/see him as a winger: Ludwig Augustinsson.
Still young at 23, full Swedish international and basically the given starting left back in the national team. CL experience with Kopenhagen, currently doing well in the Bundesliga with Bremen. Chilwell at Leicester would also be a good alternative but question there is if they would sell to us.

I would also not be oppossed to say Ward-Prouse to bolster the midfield if we do not get Maddison. Florian Thauvin at Marseille is also quality.
Thauvin has been one of the best Ligue 1 wingers in the last 12 months, he was linked with Bayern few weeks ago. That spell at Newcastle was a disaster for him as he was managed very poorly,same for Cabella as well.

The more I see of him the more I think Malcom should be our number one target going into the summer. Excellent close control, great feet and plays with his head up. Him followed by Sessegnon and Zaha for me if they are on our wish list.
Plus you should airways but Brazilians in pairs to maximize their performance, the most home loving people on earth. The same applies to Brazilian hookers.

I watch quite a lot of Bundesliga, and though S04 are my side there I keep tabs on Bremen as I used to live there and I absolutely love the city and the Uni. Augustinsson is good but not tested enough, he should move to a bigger side there this summer before we take the bet, look at Toljan who's been a yo-yo since his move to BVB.

Chilwell is more promising on that account as he already knows the English game.

Anyhow from what I see in Fulham boards RS isn't even playing LB anymore, if he comes over it's definitely as an aim to get him to play as a winger (or maybe an incredibly forward LWB if we play with 3 at the back).

I watch quite a lot of Bundesliga, and though S04 are my side there I keep tabs on Bremen as I used to live there and I absolutely love the city and the Uni. Augustinsson is good but not tested enough, he should move to a bigger side there this summer before we take the bet, look at Toljan who's been a yo-yo since his move to BVB.

Chilwell is more promising on that account as he already knows the English game.

Anyhow from what I see in Fulham boards RS isn't even playing LB anymore, if he comes over it's definitely as an aim to get him to play as a winger (or maybe an incredibly forward LWB if we play with 3 at the back).
I definitely think Augustinsson could work out well at a bigger BL club. He's apparently impressed enough to already attract attention from bigger clubs. Both Milan clubs are interested and I have seen rumors of Bayern being interested as well (that might just be because most promising BL players are linked to Bayern somehow in the media). And I know he turned down West Ham last summer because he admitted as much when he was a guest in the Swedish PL studio this fall.

And I agree fully on Sessegnon. No way we bring him in as a pure LB.

I definitely think Augustinsson could work out well at a bigger BL club. He's apparently impressed enough to already attract attention from bigger clubs. Both Milan clubs are interested and I have seen rumors of Bayern being interested as well (that might just be because most promising BL players are linked to Bayern somehow in the media). And I know he turned down West Ham last summer because he admitted as much when he was a guest in the Swedish PL studio this fall.

And I agree fully on Sessegnon. No way we bring him in as a pure LB.

Sessegnon comes in either as LWB or competition vs Sonny in my opinion. I also think this transfer window will be the most challenging for our club but equally could be the most rewarding I've seen in my time as a Tottenham fan. Interesting times

Back
Top Bottom