Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kinda but lets base the bet on whenever that 6 game period eventually transpires. i.e. Be it Sep or Dec... Regardless of when both become available for selection.... Let's get a conclusive outcome.

Both must be declared fit during said spell.

Bench counts as fit.

Cool?

OK, fine. Hopefully it will be the first six games in any event (they're both off the list as of this moment).

It's a bet. <virtual handshake>

In Poch we trust, so if I'm proven wrong, so be it.

On Zaha reportedly wanting to join Chelsea...

We may have finished above them but they finished the season with a trophy by winning the FA Cup. Season before that, they won league. Since our last trophy in 2008, they've won the league 3 times, the FA Cup 4 times, the Champions League, Europa League and League Cup.

While we may be a more stable club, with an arguably better squad, Chelsea have a history of winning trophies and Spurs don't. So opting for them over us doesn't necessarily mean he has a poor attitude. He may just see them as being a better bet at winning trophies.

If he does, they're welcome to him and i look foward to us overcoming his abilities like we have whenever we've faced him with Palace.

OK, fine. Hopefully it will be the first six games in any event (they're both off the list as of this moment).

It's a bet. <virtual handshake>

In Poch we trust, so if I'm proven wrong, so be it.

Nice one.

Did you not my addition about B cup games? It'll only muddy things....

Toby going doesn't really concern me, Davinson was terrific for us last season and at 21 he's only getting better, see no reason to reduce his minutes to fit in someone who's marginally better, much older and probably doesn't have much of a future with us beyond this season anyway. Rose on the other hand we would be stupid to let go at this point in the window, who are we going to get in to replace him with ? good left backs are hard to come by and KWP deputizing at LB doesn't fill me with confidence.

In the same way it makes you a true fan for slagging off the board & the transfer policy, the wage structure & so on?
Rose has repeatedly gone running to the press to tell his story which involves slagging his employers off. He even had a go at the fans.
I don't claim to be a true fan. & have never said slagging off the board makes you one either. It was aimed at people who think & say they are a true fan & then give our players personal abuse. Personally abuse rose & toby all you want, I just can't agree its what a good fan does, sorry bolton.

Toby going doesn't really concern me, Davinson was terrific for us last season and at 21 he's only getting better, see no reason to reduce his minutes to fit in someone who's marginally better, much older and probably doesn't have much of a future with us beyond this season anyway. Rose on the other hand we would be stupid to let go at this point in the window, who are we going to get in to replace him with ? good left backs are hard to come by and KWP deputizing at LB doesn't fill me with confidence.
Vertonghen is a very good left back for Belgium

On Zaha reportedly wanting to join Chelsea...

We may have finished above them but they finished the season with a trophy by winning the FA Cup. Season before that, they won league. Since our last trophy in 2008, they've won the league 3 times, the FA Cup 4 times, the Champions League, Europa League and League Cup.

While we may be a more stable club, with an arguably better squad, Chelsea have a history of winning trophies and Spurs don't. So opting for them over us doesn't necessarily mean he has a poor attitude. He may just see them as being a better bet at winning trophies.

That and they'll pay him 200k a week to sit on the bench.

No young English player can look at Chelsea's history of hoarding players as a positive move for the their career progression.

Medals - yes, cash - yes. But zero stability, zero guarantee of actually starting games that matter and a one way ticket to a relegation club after 35 appearances in 4 years and a loan back to Palace.

If i was Zaha Id be looking at Barkley and Drinkwater and thinking is that me?

OK, sure.

If TA is still a Spurs player after the windows ends, and if both DS and TA are fit for all six matches according to physioroom.com, I bet £20 to the RSPCA Toby starts more of the first six Premier League matches than DS. If it's a draw (3 at the back or rotation makes this feasible), we both pay, as it's for charity.

Fair?
Be consistent to start with, stick to either TA or Toby, don't mix.
Toby and Sanchez is better option.
Apart from that, sounds waffle and just pay for the charity.

:pochwtf:

Lol... Says the pathetic resident kiss-chase troll.

He's got you bang to rights, you tragic, gooner cunt.

You write garbage you get garbage ratings. Nothing personal, you are just a mere post on a message board.

I think i just said the same thing didnt I?

It may be life or death to you relative to anything else you have got going on... but it isn't to me.

Carry on.
You seem to care a lot how others view things though.

I don't claim to be a true fan. & have never said slagging off the board makes you one either. It was aimed at people who think & say they are a true fan & then give our players personal abuse. Personally abuse rose & toby all you want, I just can't agree its what a good fan does, sorry bolton.

Yet your're perfectly happy to use reports about Roses mental health as a vehicle for your virtue signalling though, aren't you worm-boy.

:dembelefingers:

That's fine, my initial proposal was for Premier matches only as well.

Obviously I don't post here as much as you, but I do check in twice a week and throw out ratings so I won't welch or forget.

:tobyarm:

All good mate. Should do this more often... A pleasant alternative to circular bickering. :)

Can someone explain FFP to me.
So Villa breached it last season and got what, a fine,
Yet the regime who broke the rules and don’t have the money to pay the fine unless they sell players, a consequence of their actions, are allowed to sell the club before they pay said fine?

If that’s correct what is the point?
Surely a new owner can’t just pay off the fine. Shouldn’t the punishment be met by the old regime, otherwise there is none.
Even when competition bans are imposed they sell to new owners who invariably get it overturned as it wasn’t their doing.

Fucking shambles

You write garbage you get garbage ratings. Nothing personal, you are just a mere post on a message board.

No-one here believes that bullshit coming from you.

Knock yourself out.

The majority of your 'disagrees' are as ridiculous as you are.

Pathetic.

Be consistent to start with, stick to either TA or Toby, don't mix.
Toby and Sanchez is better option.
Apart from that, sounds waffle and just pay for the charity.

:pochwtf:

Thanks for that. Now back to your finger painting, there's a good chap...

Back
Top Bottom