Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just think about it for a second, Toby has 2 years left on his deal and rejected a new contract. Next summer he can go for 25m, that's him gone. Vertonghen has 1 year left on his deal, no extension. That's him gone. Eriksen has 2 years left on his deal and hasn't signed an extension. We are royally fucked, not only are we probably going to lose 3 of our best and most important players, we're hardly getting any money for them either

Looks like we're doomed.

Serious relegation fears

:dembelewtf:

You heard that from Poch?

He's the best manager we've had in decades, I'm sure he can watch the world cup footage and see who we'd be better off starting, if we have the chance.

I'm not sure how you explaining it numerous times somehow magically makes it true...

Poch picked him ahead of Toby long after TA was declared fit....

That's called evidence.

All your waving about is your belief that TA is a better player.

Not saying you're not welcome to said opinion, but it has no bearing on the contradiction you're making.

Side note: Sanchez was fucking awesome vs England. Toby had a couple of good games too.

I'd happily make a charity bet with you; that with both acknowledged as fit, Dav is our #2 CB.

You can pick the stake and charity.

You in?

Last edited:
Poch has shown time and time again that his decisions on starting players are made on more than just ability.

Right or wrong, if you slight him or the team, speak out of turn - if he sees that a players head isn't in the right place or that they no longer see themselves as part of the project then he would rather start a player with less ability and give them a chance to prove themselves for the benefit of the team as a whole. Bigger picture.

As i say you can debate on whether he is right or wrong to do this but it is proven that this is the way he operates and i think he deserves to not be questioned too much on it.

Facts are - in Poch's mind when both fit Sanchez starts before Alderweireld.

We would all prefer a fit and firing Toby back in the first team as an ideal scenario, but if that is never going to happen then aren't we better off cutting our losses and giving Davison the minutes he needs to hopefully eclipse Alderweireld as many believe he can?

Doesn't matter what the fans think.

If Poch and the players believe in their abilities. They can achieve whatever they want, with a bit of luck thrown in.

It can only help the team if some showed a 'bit' more belief and support, mind.

Poch picked him ahead of Toby long after TA was declared fit....

That's called evidence.

All your waving about is your belief that TA is a better player.

Not saying you're not welcome to said opinion, but it has no bearing on the contradiction you're making.

Side note: Sanchez was fucking awesome vs England. Toby had a couple of good games too.

I'd happily make a charity bet with you; tgat with both acknowledged as fit, Dav is our #2 CB.

You can pick the stake and charity.

You in?

OK, sure.

If TA is still a Spurs player after the windows ends, and if both DS and TA are fit for all six matches according to physioroom.com, I bet £20 to the RSPCA Toby starts more of the first six Premier League matches than DS. If it's a draw (3 at the back or rotation makes this feasible), we both pay, as it's for charity.

Fair?

I really don't agree at all...TA is still a distance better than DS. DS is good. TA is excellent.

I have no issue at all with Toby: to want more money and the biggest opportunities is human. If he stays (probably still a 50/50 at the moment, as I get the feeling Mourinho would take the "swap" with Martial) he should A) start, and B) get our full support provided he gives 100%.

I probably should whisper this...but I think the abuse Rose got/gets is way over the top as well. Should he have said it? No. Is it really something to beat him with 12 months on? Not in my book.
Toby still a level above sanchez. & yes the personal insults & abuse rose gets is not needed & out of order. But apparently you're a truer fan if you call our current players cunts & worse.

thumb_levels-of-hell-limbo-lust-gluttony-greed-anger-heresy-violence-34825081.png

Toby still a level above sanchez. & yes the personal insults & abuse rose gets is not needed & out of order. But apparently you're a truer fan if you call our current players cunts & worse.
In the same way it makes you a true fan for slagging off the board & the transfer policy, the wage structure & so on?
Rose has repeatedly gone running to the press to tell his story which involves slagging his employers off. He even had a go at the fans.

OK, sure.

If TA is still a Spurs player after the windows ends, and if both DS and TA are fit for all six matches according to physioroom.com, I bet £20 to the RSPCA Toby starts more of the first six Premier League matches than DS. If it's a draw (3 at the back or rotation makes this feasible), we both pay, as it's for charity.

Fair?

Kinda but lets base the bet on whenever that 6 game period eventually transpires. i.e. Be it Sep or Dec... Regardless of when both become available for selection.... Let's get a conclusive outcome.

Both must be declared fit during said spell.

Bench counts as fit.

Cool?

Edit: League cup and FA cup ties are considered moot too.

On Zaha reportedly wanting to join Chelsea...

We may have finished above them but they finished the season with a trophy by winning the FA Cup. Season before that, they won league. Since our last trophy in 2008, they've won the league 3 times, the FA Cup 4 times, the Champions League, Europa League and League Cup.

While we may be a more stable club, with an arguably better squad, Chelsea have a history of winning trophies and Spurs don't. So opting for them over us doesn't necessarily mean he has a poor attitude. He may just see them as being a better bet at winning trophies.

Back
Top Bottom