Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we sell Wanyama and Dembele I fucking give up

Building a team at Spurs is like trying to dig water, fucking always square one, just change the position of player needed.

Bed in the new CMs for a year, then what, sell Eriksen and start over.

The really weird thing is most of you are up for it. The vibes are getting strong already.

“WE NEED SIGNINGS!!!!!”
We have to sell as well as buy Sammy, its the Spurs way :nawty:

Can see Dembele and Rose being here next season. Can't see us getting the money we'd want for either.

Mousa is 31 shortly and I’m sure some Chinese club will pay £15-20 million for him. The issue with Rose is who would want him after barely playing for 2 seasons. It was very stupid of him to burn the bridges in the way he did but that contact he is after else has most likely gone now.

We have to sell as well as buy Sammy, its the Spurs way :nawty:
I know your post is tongue in cheek so the following is not aimed at you:

We should not be selling Wanyama and Dembele though, its madness. Wanyama was the best DM we've had since Steve Perryman last season, he struggled with an injury but now should be fucked off. Im not saying the rumours are true, but it annoys me that firstly, I wouldnt be surprised if it happened, and secondly how many fans will be so excited by the news....."NEW PLAYERS!!!"

Wanyama has had one season, how new can can a player fucking be?

And with Dembele, wouldnt it be lovely to have a veteran in the ranks, finishing his career here, teaching the likes of Winks his unique skills etc.....he was deemed past it at Christmas and surplus to requirements by lots of fans, yet hasnt had a single set back since. But suddenly we need better than Dembele.....name someone!
Last year that someone was Ross Barkley.....HA FUCKING HA, mentalists.

4 games left, and we "need to upgrade" Aurier, Davies, Trippier, Dembele, Wanyama, Lloris, Dier, Sissoko, Llorente (who is SHOCKINGLY the LEAST priority to get rid of now), Lamela and then replace Toby and Rose.

Are people fucking serious? Are you actually serious??

WHAT TEAM DOES THAT?
So many people missing where our actual problems lie and still thinking its the same thing every year....new players. Yes, because transition is just what we need next season again isnt it, God forbid we continue to grow together.

I hate this time of year, when the window is coming up, "the best team for 30 years"....SELL

:pochfacepalm:

I'd offer Dembele a pay as you play contract, if he doesn't like it let him leave on a free at the end of this one. He's been a good servant and deserves that, but I really can't see his body holding out two more seasons and we don't want to be paying 100k a week for the most talented guy in the injury room for the next four years.
Fuck Toby and Rose off as soon as we have a chance.
Get rid of Aurier, Sissoko, Jansen and Llorente too.
That's 6 going with all needing replacing (Llorente and Jansen being replaced by one competent striker). It's going to be a busy summer, with the World Cup as well. Hope we have some contracts lined up already. The wolves will be circling/melting next season if not
Offer Dembele a pay as you play contract? He’s played 27 out of 34 in the league! Do you think he’s not fit just because you think he’s not fit? The actual appearances made by him would suggest he’s perfectly fine. Runs a lot each match, has to use huge amounts of strength in the middle, so gets subbed often, but that hardly means he’s unfit.

Or am I missing a reason to pay him as he plays when he plays almost every match?

We should not be selling Wanyama and Dembele though, its madness. Wanyama was the best DM we've had since Steve Perryman last season, he struggled with an injury but now should be fucked off. Im not saying the rumours are true, but it annoys me that firstly, I wouldnt be surprised if it happened, and secondly how many fans will be so excited by the news....."NEW PLAYERS!!!"

And with Dembele, wouldnt it be lovely to have a veteran in the ranks, finishing his career here, teaching the likes of Winks his unique skills etc.....he was deemed past it at Christmas and surplus to requirements by lots of fans, yet hasnt had a single set back since. But suddenly we need better than Dembele.....name someone!

4 games left, and we "need to upgrade" Aurier, Davies, Trippier, Dembele, Wanyama, Lloris, Dier, Sissoko, Llorente (who is SHOCKINGLY the LEAST priority to get rid of now), Lamela and then replace Toby and Rose.

WHAT TEAM DOES THAT?
So many people missing where our actual problems lie and still thinking its the same thing every year....new players. Yes, because transition is just what we need next season again isnt it, God forbid we continue to grow together.

I hate this time of year, when the window is coming up, "the best team for 30 years"....SELL

You forgot get rid of the manager and the chairman. So that’s the team, the manager and his staff and the owners. The ticketing scheme is also bollocks, and the atmosphere is shit. So what we really support is a hybrid NFL stadium with a really long bar owned by mythical Chinese billionaires who’ll convert the cheese room to a noodle bar. North London is ours.

Good points there. It will be difficult to find someon who can be as good defensively as Dembele is and at the same time as good going forward.

On the plus side a differnet CM may be faster and score more goals. On the negatives side we will be flimsier in the middle. Our defenders will have to raise their game quite a bit. We will defintely not be able to get away with playing Dier in the middle next to an attack minded player.
I think it would be a mistake to put an out and out attacker in there for the reason you mentioned, but I think the team will be more atracking with a Dembele replacement. I hope we get someone who can recycle the ball much faster, distribute it to our pacey attackers.

WHAT TEAM DOES THAT?

Calm down man, Jesus wept.

Maybe Poch feels this team he's built has had its say and needs changing. Maybe he already has a list of potential replacements. Maybe, just maybe, he knows what he's doing.

WHAT TEAM DOES THAT?

I get what you are saying but if reports are right it is Dembélé himself who wants the move because he doesn't feel that his body can keep up with the physical demands of Poch's training anymore.

Do we refuse a player to leave then?

Offer Dembele a pay as you play contract? He’s played 27 out of 34 in the league! Do you think he’s not fit just because you think he’s not fit? The actual appearances made by him would suggest he’s perfectly fine. Runs a lot each match, has to use huge amounts of strength in the middle, so gets subbed often, but that hardly means he’s unfit.

Or am I missing a reason to pay him as he plays when he plays almost every match?
You seem to be unaware of the aging process. Youre going to be fucking gutted when you google it; all I ask is that you not shoot the messenger

Calm down man, Jesus wept.

Maybe Poch feels this team he's built has had its say and needs changing. Maybe he already has a list of potential replacements. Maybe, just maybe, he knows what he's doing.

Maybe he knows what he's doing this year.....like he did when he signed Wanyama, so who's to say any new signings wont be fucked off next summer?
Tired of it, longevity doesnt exist at this club....finally stabilise the manager, yet cant field the same frikkin matchday squad for more than one season

I get what you are saying but if reports are right it is Dembélé himself who wants the move because he doesn't feel that his body can keep up with the physical demands of Poch's training anymore.

Do we refuse a player to leave then?

Of course not, but you and I know thats a load of bullshit.
Poch could easily use Dembele sparingly, and more influentially. He is one of our best players.......fans throwing their toys out the pram over Toby and Rose, but we should just let Dembele walk?

You seem to be unaware of the aging process. Youre going to be fucking gutted when you google it; all I ask is that you not shoot the messenger
Oh yes. All the world class midfielders of our age stop being able to tie their laces at 30/31.

You may be right about Dembele though, but I imagine you know as much about his physical condition as I do. Fuck all.

I’m not even that sure there’s been players on a pay per play contract either. Maybe offer him an extra year after two more if he has 25 appearances or more? He’d be mental to agree to £100k per match and we’d be mental to offer it.

You forgot get rid of the manager and the chairman. So that’s the team, the manager and his staff and the owners. The ticketing scheme is also bollocks, and the atmosphere is shit. So what we really support is a hybrid NFL stadium with a really long bar owned by mythical Chinese billionaires who’ll convert the cheese room to a noodle bar. North London is ours.

Getting rid of the manager and the squad is one thing, but getting rid of the cheese room?
Are you fucking serious!!!! :hugoshock:

Oh yes. All the world class midfielders of our age stop being able to tie their laces at 30/31.

You may be right about Dembele though, but I imagine you know as much about his physical condition as I do. Fuck all.

I’m not even that sure there’s been players on a pay per play contract either. Maybe offer him an extra year after two more if he has 25 appearances or more? He’d be mental to agree to £100k per match and we’d be mental to offer it.
But at the end of his current deal he will be almost 32, that is the start of the end for the majority of pros these days.

What I know about Dembeles physical condition is that he has been injury prone since he's been here, and that doesn't get better with age.
Offer him a year extension for sure, very much doubt he'll sign it as he knows his value continues to go down from here. I stand by the fact that we'd be foolish to sign him up for any longer. Dembele at 28 was struggling to play 90s mins, Dembele at 33... don't fancy his chances

But at the end of his current deal he will be almost 32, that is the start of the end for the majority of pros these days.

What I know about Dembeles physical condition is that he has been injury prone since he's been here, and that doesn't get better with age.
Offer him a year extension for sure, very much doubt he'll sign it as he knows his value continues to go down from here. I stand by the fact that we'd be foolish to sign him up for any longer. Dembele at 28 was struggling to play 90s mins, Dembele at 33... don't fancy his chances
So he’s got two more years then? So why would we want to renegotiate anyway? I agree with you that 32 would be too late to to that. Just didn’t see you say that in your first post. As you were.

So he’s got two more years then? So why would we want to renegotiate anyway? I agree with you that 32 would be too late to to that. Just didn’t see you say that in your first post. As you were.
Hell be 31 in July, 32 next July. That's my point about offering him an extension beyond that, unless it was 'pay as you play'

Back
Top Bottom