Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The stadium should not be restricting cash flow for transfers - this isn't a Woolwich situation where the bank pulled out and they had major financing issues. The annual loan payback for the £400m line of credit should be covered by new sponsorships and match day revenue associated with the stadium alone.

That being said, our current cash flow is based on last season, so dividends from the new stadium won't start hitting our transfer spend until next year. But, with the increased revenue from Wembley, CL money as well as new and increased sponsorships from AIA/Nike, there should be more than enough cash for Levy to make signings this summer/in the next 27.5 hours.

TLDR: The stadium is not an excuse for not spending money in the window, either on new players or contract extensions for existing ones.

We are not in good state with respect to this transfer window. I am sure the clubs wanted to shift few players, the likes of Vincent, Onomah, Nkoudou and probably sort the future of Dembele, Rose and Toby.
None achieved with 24 hours or so to go.
I doubt the club will venture to buy without selling/loaning own players.
With new stadium....

We are not in good state with respect to this transfer window. I am sure the clubs wanted to shift few players, the likes of Vincent, Onomah, Nkoudou and probably sort the future of Dembele, Rose and Toby.
None achieved with 24 hours or so to go.
I doubt the club will venture to buy without selling/loaning own players.
With new stadium....

Especially when two of those you mentioned will go for £25,000,000 combined next season if they stay (Dembele, Toby)

Who would they be?

Martial has a year left on his contract and ManU has the right to extend it for another year, so other clubs will probably wait until he has one year left before buying.

So suitors can be now or in 12 months time.

Spurs problem is to act now before Toby goes for £25m (perhaps 50% of his replacement cost), that's why we are trying to get ManU to move now on Martial, But if ManU don''t want to sell now , we cannot force them.

Levysville calling .
Out hear in the land of the enternal
austerity and cheese , Little Dan's pumping up the volume. His shrewd velvet gloves are ready to roll . Brace yourself for 5 years of fuck all.
The blank Generation is the new BRAVE world.

The only saving grace is that we have just one more day of this sh!t.

But the notion of a new stadium without the boost of a couple of outstanding signings is incredible. To not provide possibly the last necessary push right now even more unfathomable.

Not even one of the optimists would have called that at the end of last season. No way.

Back
Top Bottom