Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley at 25million is a steal really, and in today's market surely with a contract he is worth 40million at least, so if he does turn out poor we won't loose money on him! Which should keep someone happy! :levyeyes:
When we are talking about a £25 million "steal" for a player recovering from an operation. & in the final year of his contract then the football world has turned bent. And I don't mean Darren. Hey ho. It's fucked up.

First PL game of season 2016 - 1-1 with Everton, 1-0 over Palace,1-1 with Liverpool
First PL game of Season 2015 - 1-0 to United, 2-2 with Stoke,1-1 with Leicester, 0-0 Everton.
First PL game of season 2014 - Extremely last minute lucky win vs West Ham, then won 1 in 5 games

The fact we won today was a big bonus - we're not fast starters at all and it usually takes us until November-December to get going. ANY win up until those months should be cherished, as it's the reason we haven't won the title in the last 2 years.

Chelsea, Burnley, Everton, Swansea next. 2 wins and 2 draws would be a great start to the season considering we are, like you say, incredibly rusty to begin with.
Not thought about results over the next few games really. The Chavs are proper fucked next week unless they transform into Barca. Their star cunts are either injured or suspended. I don't see them beating us mate. I'd guess they will be begging for a draw. Wiggy won't set his team up like that again too soon. If we can keep 3-6 points ahead of that lot by Xmas then I'm going to be in a perma priapism. And for an old cunt like me- that's an achievement. The one fixture I look at with trepidation is Burnley. Don't know why other than they just pulled Cuntys pants down & plated his team. Gut feeling is 8 points from those 4 games. Which I'd take in a heartbeat to add to the 3 we got against the barcodes.

If I had to sell him to you, I'd say he's not the same bright young hope of English football that he was a couple of years ago - but is still young enough to still be moulded by Poch.

Yes, he's had a year or so of stagnation: but that's happened on Koeman's watch.

4312E59800000578-0-image-a-97_1502193513030.jpg

This guy. A guy with personalised luggage. I'd stagnate too.

We've got a fairly unique situation here in that all of this has happened while Barkley has also arrived at having only one year left on his contract (ergo Everton's hand is forced whereas I'm convinced they'd force him to stay in any other situation).

He still put up decent chance creation numbers despite all this - and I'd suggest he's the player who would take the creative burden off of Eriksen more capably than anyone else we already have/are linked with.
Lamela's injury limbo leaves him out of this discussion for me.

So yeah, if we get Barkley then I genuinely believe we'll add creativity, power, and (some) pace to our attack. There were moments against Newcastle where Sissoko got the ball and our counter attacks came to nothing - with Barkley I think we'd have been far more incisive.

His wages are what's gonna get me. He's worth no more than 60k a week yet all the reports are saying he wants 150k? Fuck that

25 million? Where have you heard him that cheap?

Plus I think his wage demands will be too much for us to be comfortable with selling him.

Have heard he will take 70k a week to come to us, and I really can't see Levy paying any more than 25million for a player who is nearly out of contract......:levystare:

When we are talking about a £25 million "steal" for a player recovering from an operation. & in the final year of his contract then the football world has turned bent. And I don't mean Darren. Hey ho. It's fucked up.

Yeah I know, it's crazy to think, but i guess this just proves how crazy football is getting, i read an article that Barkley will settle for 70k a week to come to us, fucking "settle"??? :dembele:
takes the average working man 2 years to earn that, but this cunt will make do with that in a week........:pochfacepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom