Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Goat on sc has to be the biggest bullshitter ever. I'm pretty sure it's an A&C alt, he's now jumped on the gazanigga bandwagon, acting as if he knows anything. Same thing when he made a 'cryptic' about Foyth after we had been linked with him for days

The Goat isn't a person, it IS the SC people. Apparently they use "The Goat" to release "info" that isn't coming from the household bullshiters.
The whole site is one big fraud.

Laughable that several "ITK's" made posts about that Gazza fella coming after the newspapers wrote it :dembelelol:
Instead of calling them out, the retards over there say "Oh they must have gotten it from the same source as the newspapers, seeing as they released it more or less at the same time" :dembelelol:

This thread has become so boring I've taken to trawling through the shit dip that is Newsnow.co.uk for my transfer news fix. I know is all spurious ITK bullshit but I can't help myself. Look what you've all done to me. :avbcringe:

This thread has become so boring I've taken to trawling through the shit dip that is Newsnow.co.uk for my transfer news fix. I know is all spurious ITK bullshit but I can't help myself. Look what you've all done to me. :avbcringe:
im not bothering anymore until September 1st when its closed

I think only caring about trophies is a pretty shallow way to support a football club.
There is no Spurs supporter caring about trophies to support the club. You find them at chelsea and citeh nowadays.
But Nothing wrong to be ambitious to win trophies.
We also have to worry about our top players who want to play football to win trophies and not balance sheets.

A couple of jabronis on here that continuously claimed we can't possibly improve the first eleven therefore we shouldnt even attempt to...and instead focus on bringing in squad players to bulk up the squad. A very defeatist atitude which ive said throughout this thread.

Improving our first 11, specifically, is difficult.

But our first 11 only played together for about 2 matches out of 50 odd last season.....

Improving our players that come in to rotate should be achievable.

Because unlike you I'm not a miserable twat who thinks our team, who have been the best team over the last two seasons, is shit. You're welcome to your opinion, but I give 0 fucks about it :adethumbup:
Because unlike you I'm not a miserable twat who thinks our team, who have been the best team over the last two seasons, is shit. You're welcome to your opinion, but I give 0 fucks about it :adethumbup:

I'm trying to educate you mate. Yes, we have had the best team over the last 2 years. I agree with you. However, there is always room for improvement. Nothing is too perfect to be developed.
I'm just echoing MOPo's feelings. Are you calling him a miserable twat also?
Why do you want us to enter the season with an under strength squad?
I'm sticking with MoPo's argument. You stick with your own - Winks playing AM, CM, RW, ST all at once.

But our first 11 only played together for about 2 matches out of 50 odd last season.....

Difficult i definitely agree but you always have to aim high. It might not work out but our initial thought process should be that we are aiming to improve the first eleven.

People forget that many of our first 11 have been improved dramatically by Poch and the coaching team.

Rose: a mess under AVB/Sherwood
Dembele: Mr frustrating, talent but just sat on the ball so much
Verts: looked depressed before Poch
Son: amazing improvement
Eriksen: no longer flakey
Dele/Dier/Kane: do I even need to say

We moan about being linked with Barkley but the current Barkley is already better than a lot of our first 11 pre-Poch and that is before Poch has had a chance to get him going. We can't afford ready made but we can afford potential first 11 players that just need a bit of work.

Remember when Dier moved to midfield and some fans said won't work, then when we bought Waynama, some fans said pointless buy as he will just sit on the bench for Dier. Yes not all signing work (Sissoko being the prime example) but if a player has the talent, commitment and ability to learn our coaching team will do the rest.

People forget that many of our first 11 have been improved dramatically by Poch and the coaching team.

Rose: a mess under AVB/Sherwood
Dembele: Mr frustrating, talent but just sat on the ball so much
Verts: looked depressed before Poch
Son: amazing improvement
Eriksen: no longer flakey
Dele/Dier/Kane: do I even need to say

We moan about being linked with Barkley but the current Barkley is already better than a lot of our first 11 pre-Poch and that is before Poch has had a chance to get him going. We can't afford ready made but we can afford potential first 11 players that just need a bit of work.

Remember when Dier moved to midfield and some fans said won't work, then when we bought Waynama, some fans said pointless buy as he will just sit on the bench for Dier. Yes not all signing work (Sissoko being the prime example) but if a player has the talent, commitment and ability to learn our coaching team will do the rest.
Eriksen was bossing under Sherwood to be honest.

Yeah and his poor management has led to us to being a top 4 club, having a new training base the envy of everyone, a youth set up thats now producing some amazing talent, what will be the best stadium in this country and a first team squad thats the envy of everyone, of which the players we signed by your reckoning were only 2nd and 3rd choices.

That Levy bloke is certainly holding us back mate you're right, the tight cunt.

And i'd like to add to that along with a shiny new training facility and gin palace being built, we also have one of these....

33943d1355091223-trophy-case-udu2ny02ntkunjqxoa-.jpg

Unfortunately nobody else cares or is even bothered outside some /few Spurs fans.
No prizes.

The difference is that you would care if the NDP had been abandoned due to costs......you wouldnt be celebrating that we had signed Barkley, Lukaku and Siggy for 175M.
You wouldnt be praising Levy for paying the likes of Toby and Dele "whatever they want" to keep them.
You wouldnt be saying "well done" for not selling Walker.

You'd be bitching about how a club of our size has a piddly little 36k stadium and everyone else has a bigger one, and how we are lacking ambition because if it.

Face it, you want it all, and when you get it, you will simply want more.

Remember when Dier moved to midfield and some fans said won't work

That's an incredibly polite way to describe the meltdown that happened :)
Especially after our usual shit preseason.

"NO FUCKING SIGNINGS!!!"
"CB PLAYING MIDFIELD!!!"
"WTF IS THIS MANAGER SNORTING!!"
"POCH OUT!!"
"WE'RE GETTING FUCKING RELEGATED!!"
"EVERYBODY'S A CUNT!!"
Is how I remember it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom