Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely, but you sometimes go ott with the Levy criticism. You have to see the great things he's done for the club, he's dragged us from midtable mediocrity to where we are now

Exactly you have to judge Levy overall , would mugs like John and some of his kind prefer a Sugar or a Scholar at the helm or trade for some of the Muppets running other teams in the PL , as a fan ultimately you want to see progress and we have seen lots.

Why are you basing it on Everton? They are about to drop £50m on Siggy. They're the exception, not the standard.
Because It is not only Everton, top clubs are paying these sort of prices, new market prices and we can't do much about it. Examples below:
Matic £40m Manure
Morata £70m Chelsea
Lukaku £75m Manure
Walker £50 Citeh
Mendy £45 Citeh
Bakayako £35 Chels
Neymar £200m PSG
Edeson "goalie" £35m Citeh

Fans have accepted the club can not afford to buy top players for the allocated budget to compete with top 6 clubs in today's prices. The club can't spend because of new stadium.It's nothing wrong with that and live within your means and find different ways like youth policy and make it work within the ambition of the club.

Last edited:
So you'd be happy for the club to spend all the Walker money on Foyth?
Sorry to intervene but would you be unhappy for the club to spend all Walker money on Foyth:
If the club is buying the right player who will become top and best PL defender and stay at Spurs and win trophies, become another Toby or Vert.

Last edited:
Proud of what mate? The fact we don't win any trophies? I bet city fans were saying " I wish we had better net spend " when Aguero in the greatest moment in premier league history scored their winner to clinvh the league. I bet they would swap net spend for that moment hey!!!!

I couldn't give a fuck about net spend Dude or how well run we are. It doesn't get us trophies does it? I lay out enough money into this club and I'm fully entitled to expect more silverware than the pathetic amount we have won under Daniel Levy's leadership.
I think only caring about trophies is a pretty shallow way to support a football club. There are grass roots football fans up and down the country that happened to grow up supporting lower or non-league teams that love their club passionately, despite not having "galactico" players and huge trophy cabinets. Look at clubs like Brighton, who were nearly completely wiped out before rising back to the Premier League, their fans stuck with their club through thick and thin. Plenty of clubs have chairmen that are happy to run them into the ground, ours is not doing that, but preserving and building our future. Claiming that you deserve trophies because you contribute money to the club is pretty bizarre and kinda not the point of being a football fan, in my humble opinion anyhow.

How much do you think he is worth in today's market?
With less than 12 months on his contract? Peanuts.

"Today's market" is a cop out; just because everyone else is doing horrible business doesn't mean we have to.

I believe any dime over 20 million isn't just excessive, it is actually irresponsible.

With less than 12 months on his contract? Peanuts.

"Today's market" is a cop out; just because everyone else is doing horrible business doesn't mean we have to.

I believe any dime over 20 million isn't just excessive, it is actually irresponsible.

You made me laugh.
If Everton are willing to sell Barkley for £20m, I will raise the cash, buy Barkley give him 4 year contract £150k a week, loan him to Levy for £60k a week to play for the club, lose £90k a week on wages. Come January I sell him for market price which won't be less than £40m and make over £15m profit.

Definitely, but you sometimes go ott with the Levy criticism. You have to see the great things he's done for the club, he's dragged us from midtable mediocrity to where we are now

I agree to an extent but you also divide this club into pre-Poch and current/post-Poch era's.

before Poch on the field we where often a mess, managers getting sacked what seemed like every year. Just before Poch was the AVB/Sherwood tenure which consisted of us being the most boring team in the league and somehow like a lottery winning miracle finishing 5th for those 2 seasons. I never felt as disconnected to the club as that in that period and I include pre ENIC days as well.

Poch comes in the deadwood gets moved on, youth gets promoted, we suddenly go from being lazy to being hard as fuck, we are no longer as reliant on just one or two players and we seem to be able to do everything within a reasonable budget. We become a well drilled, well oiled machine.

Off the field under ENIC we have mostly done well but there have been times when I have pulled my hair under Levy with regard to the football side of things. Bringing in poch has been the greatest and most transformational action since ENIC came in, we had a pretty good time under Redknapp and Jol but Poch is another level and it has helped us reach another level.

Quite frankly I am more worried about Poch leaving than ENIC or even Kane. As long my as everything is done to keep him happy and here I will not be worried. I would like a few more signings of good quality simply because we might not get a chance with a manager like this again and we have obvious depth issues, sort that out and over the next few seasons we could win things.

You made me laugh.
If Everton are willing to sell Barkley for £20m, I will raise the cash, buy Barkley give him 4 year contract £150k a week, loan him to Levy for £60k a week to play for the club, lose £90k a week on wages. Come January I sell him for market price which won't be less than £40m and make over £15m profit.
Big Sam, is that you?

You made me laugh.
Have fun then. Sounds like you've got it all figured out.

So poch reiterating we definitely need to sign players and the calibre of players coming in has to make our star players feel threatened.
Clearly Poch isnt looking for squad players (like some have been claiming the whole summer) and he wants to bring in high quality players that can actually make the first eleven. None of this "we cant possibly improve the eleven" defeatist bullshit with this manager.

Who claimed Poch is looking for squad players?
A couple of jabronis on here that continuously claimed we can't possibly improve the first eleven therefore we shouldnt even attempt to...and instead focus on bringing in squad players to bulk up the squad. A very defeatist atitude which ive said throughout this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom