Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell - now we've got our own fans selling our best players. This place is bizarre. We've got the best right back in the league and people want to sell him to Man City for £40m? I honestly give up.

Though I think 50m is more than adequate to find a right back who can get up and down the field with pace. It's not exactly rare in the modern day full back.

:walker-scream:

Last edited:
This is a tricky one. For me Walker is very good but it all centres around his pace. But then again that sort of pace is invaluable.

Trippier imo is a better player, is more intelligent and has better technical ability, however he does lack pace and on top of that is very small. If u have him walkers pace we'd have a real assets there!

Another consideration is we have Walker-Peters progressing in the background. I've not seen anything much if him but you hear a lot of good things and he's got pace but also a very influential player apparently.

I think with Walker it comes down to one question. Does he want to go? If he doesn't then we should keep him. But if he does then I think we may already have his future replacement in our ranks.

I'd be a lot more concerned about losing Rose.

Exactly this; Walker is just a physical specimen who provides good width and stretches the play to create central space for the players with actual technical ability to exploit. He's a product of the system, just like Victor Moses is at Chelsea.

Trippier is a infinitely better footballer, and an upgrade as a wingback. That's why £35m+ is a must-accept offer. Losing Walker won't harm the team, but the signing his sale facilitates will improve it.

Part of Pocchettino's switch to the 3-4-2-1 will be with Wembley in mind, to neutralise the bigger pitch and its impact on his love of a compact unit. With that in mind, Trippier's attributes will be more of an asset, as he can actually deliver a decent ball into the box, something Alli and Kane will greatly benefit from.

Have to say I've never felt worried that Walker was a red card risk. In fact he's never had one in the 8 years he's been with us.

True, but its more of a recent thing for me - he's been very lucky this season. For some reason he's started racking up yellows and making some risky moves - he's cut it fine on a number of occasions this season (including the Sterling thing).

Maybe its a psycological thing poch likes players to have

Exactly this; Walker is just a physical specimen who provides good width and stretches the play to create central space for the players with actual technical ability to exploit. He's a product of the system, just like Victor Moses is at Chelsea.

Trippier is a infinitely better footballer, and an upgrade as a wingback. That's why £35m+ is a must-accept offer. Losing Walker won't harm the team, but the signing his sale facilitates will improve it.

Part of Pocchettino's switch to the 3-4-2-1 will be with Wembley in mind, to neutralise the bigger pitch and its impact on his love of a compact unit. With that in mind, Trippier's attributes will be more of an asset, as he can actually deliver a decent ball into the box, something Alli and Kane will greatly benefit from.
What an absolute pile of wank! You are utterly clueless.

Trippier is not in Walkers league, technically Trippier is quite poor. I don't think I have ever seen him take on an oppo player, when pressed he will lose the ball. The only impact he has on the team is when a ball is played behind an oppo fullback. He will then whip in a cross, which 1 in 10 will connect with a Spurs player. As a defender he loses almost all of his one-on-ones and his beaten 100% of the time in the air at the back post. In a nutshell he is a liability.

The games he has played well in have been Fulham (Championship) and struggled the moment 16yrs Sessegnon came on. The brilliance of our manger (setting up and or tweeking system) has enabled Trippier to function in a team.

BTW Man City do not need an overlapping athletic FB's, they already have very potent wide men that stay wide and also have players that interchange well on the inside. City are not lacking in this area of the pitch at all. They need ball playing CB's and a ball playing central midfield. Yaya has been great last couple of games but I'd still question his engine and his defensive qualities. If City had our CB's and DM/CM's they would be the best side in Europe.

No utter bollocks about it. German fans are fucking notorious for monkey chants towards black players and pretending it doesn't happen only adds to the problem.

That's some pretty outdated information - the far right in Germany long ago ditched the monkey chants in favor of more subtle and devious methods (sliding 88 into signs and other signaling methods, etc). Monkey chants died out in Germany something like 25 years ago - not because of any great end of racism, but just because the efforts were channeled in other directions.

And yes, some German clubs (particularly in the eastern part of the country, which is the heartland of the German far right) are despicable. Dynamo Dresden or Chemnitz have disgusting supporters, but they are along the lines of Millwall in the UK - minor clubs that everyone knows are problematic and yet can't seem to extinguish.

I've never experienced or seen in Germany anywhere near the level of racism, anti-semetism and vitriol I've experienced as a Spurs fan in the UK. Chelsea and West Ham have far worse supporters than any top flight German football club, and it's not even close.

I don't know where you got the brush you are painting with regard to German football, but it's just wrong. If you want to talk the nuances, go for it - there's no use pretending that anywhere is some form of Utopia with regard to racism, sexism or anti-semtism, but the way you are presenting it here is simply completely false and uninformed.

Fucking hell - now we've got our own fans selling our best players. This place is bizarre. We've got the best right back in the league and people want to sell him to Man City for £40m? I honestly give up.

:walker-scream:
First of all - Totti is not one of 'our fans'

Secondly - it's Totti

Thirdly - see above

Who will leave? Sissoko and Lamela would be my guess. I think Danny Rose will be tapped up by Man City with an insane contract and the club will do well to keep him, it will come down to money.
No idea who we will buy, perhaps Zaha.

No first team players will be sold, and if they were for whatever reason we would never strengthen a rival........

Right? :levystare:

Some fans on here are pathetic, they don't want any sustainability, they want to see a profit...

Then there's the mongo cunts who have recently joined questioning people inside the club

Fuck me this place has turned into a shithole

Some fans on here are pathetic, they don't want any sustainability, they want to see a profit...

Then there's the mongo cunts who have recently joined questioning people inside the club

Fuck me this place has turned into a shithole
Couldn't agree more. Apart from some rather dodgy wording- don't really need to see words like "mongo" in modern society. "Cunts" does the job adequately.

If we don't need to sell, then we don't sell. Simple really. The players who will go are the players Poch knows he doesn't need. The Gooners hate it, but we have a manager who is a modern day version of Wenger...except he has class & respect
Wenger did miracles at that shit hole but he's a dinosaur now. Poch is the future. And our future is looking pretty fucking rosy.

Don't be so fucking stupid you dumb cunt.

Who will leave? Sissoko and Lamela would be my guess. I think Danny Rose will be tapped up by Man City with an insane contract and the club will do well to keep him, it will come down to money.
No idea who we will buy, perhaps Zaha.

I think it's a case of looking at the "outsiders"...(i.e. not first picks)

Janssen - wants to stay, but not sure if he's in Poch's long term plans
Vorm - I can only imagine Pau is going to come in and Vorm might leave; he's good enough to be a 1st choice, just not under Lloris
Nkoudou - I like him, but I'm not sure if he's in the "future" plans, or just not in favour.
Sissoko - I think he's already gone behind the scenes
Wimmer - As above, even though he's Sonny's BFF
Davies - New contract, but hard to tell if he's just a "he'll do" or a proper Poch player

Then the 'on loans'

N'jie - not sure if he'll end up sold
Fazio - can't remember if we've sold him yet
Bentaleb - he's already technically sold, isn't he?

...and then we have Lamela

First of all - Totti is not one of 'our fans'

Secondly - it's Totti

Thirdly - see above

Says the guy who sits at home in his basement building his Lego whilst signed up to numerous other football teams forums to discuss their football teams.

Good one.

giphy.gif

Selling Walker? selling Dier? selling Rose? wtf are people on exactly. How about we keep our important players and look to add some quality whilst maybe getting rid of a few of the not so important players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom