Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a strong feeling City will tempt us with £50,000,000+ Iheanacho for Walker in all honesty.

Walker brings us pace on the right. But if you have Trippier and then a pacey player in front like a Zaha, Bruma, Son etc it could be very Deadly.

Though I think 50m is more than adequate to find a right back who can get up and down the field with pace. It's not exactly rare in the modern day full back.

They won't offer £50m + Iheanacho. Iheanacho alone is probably worth £20m considering his displays already and his potential.

I don't think Walker will go anywhere. If he does then we'll get £30m at least. Enough to go and bring in another right back. Shame Coleman has a terrible injury, he'd be a great replacement.

As for Iheanacho.. he's certainly a Poch type player. Maybe a £20m bid might turn their head towards selling.

True, but it makes me nervous when teams like Stoke, West Brom or Palace (literally anywhere Pulis has been) know how to wind our players like that up, and you feel like a red is inevitable - trips just doesn't seem to get fazed by that.
Have to say I've never felt worried that Walker was a red card risk. In fact he's never had one in the 8 years he's been with us.

Wouldn't want Douglas Costa from Bayern. Seems to have serious attitude problems and has been poor after his first 6 months

Ridiculously talented player, I was shocked he was 26 though. Wasted a lot of time in Ukraine. As for his attitude, I'd probably also have an apparent attitude problem if I was a player of colour playing in Germany, they are pretty damn racist as a fan group.

I get a strong feeling City will tempt us with £50,000,000+ Iheanacho for Walker in all honesty.

Walker brings us pace on the right. But if you have Trippier and then a pacey player in front like a Zaha, Bruma, Son etc it could be very Deadly.

Though I think 50m is more than adequate to find a right back who can get up and down the field with pace. It's not exactly rare in the modern day full back.

This is the only way I can see us selling any of our players to a rival: a player coming the other way who we want. But I think that will be difficult because even the young players at the big clubs are on stupid wages already. I'd take Iheanacho.

But otherwise I see no reason why we would strengthen a rival. None whatsoever, it just won't happen. Walker is excellent, he is not even 27 yet. He also strikes me as someone who is very happy at the club and is loyal.

I expect it is true that Utd and City are asking about out players. So will other clubs with money. But why would we sell our best players? Unless we have targets who we think are better I just cannot see it happening and when it comes to players like Rose, Toby, Dembele, Dele, Kane, who is better than these guys in world football? Not many, and none of them are players we can afford to buy or pay their wages. If Levy has given any encouragement of any of our players it is just a game, it takes the focus off other players who are even more important and it wastes the time of clubs who want to steal our best players. Fuck em. Levy is just trolling them.

From our point of view, we need a better backup for Rose. Davies is competent, he belongs at a club like Liverpool, Everton, that sort of level, but he has limits and I don't think he will improve that much. Trippier on the other hand has higher potential. We need a backup/competition for Eriksen.

I just feel Pochettino doesn't take too kindly to someone coming to his office to discuss their future when the likes of City, Bayern and Barca are linked.

I just feel Pochettino doesn't take too kindly to someone coming to his office to discuss their future when the likes of City, Bayern and Barca are linked.
That's based on what though?
Iirc papers and/or itk said Rose was furious when we signed Ben Davies.

Ridiculously talented player, I was shocked he was 26 though. Wasted a lot of time in Ukraine.

He was only 24 when he left Shakhtar, where he won multiple league titles and went to the Quarter Finals of the Champions League and played on maybe the most exciting young team in Europe of the past 15 years (Willian, Douglas Costa, Fernandinho, Mkhi, Dario Srna, Luiz Adriano, etc). Hard to argue that his development time in Ukraine was anything other than a smashing success.

As for his attitude, I'd probably also have an apparent attitude problem if I was a player of colour playing in Germany, they are pretty damn racist as a fan group.

This is utter and absolute fucking horseshit. Absolutely false and completely uninformed. What a bunch of complete bollox.

We dont know that happened though. How would any journalist know about it. Not a single quote, not even from "our source". Poch rewarded him with 90 minutes against Palace, after the semi, and he will play 90 minutes against Woolwich.

I think thats your answer. If Poch didnt like his attitude, he would be dropped and in a split second his Spurs future would be done. If he needs Walker for a title push, then he is clearly not going to be sold.

If he though his heart or head was in Manchester or Germany, Trippier would be given 100% backing and reward for his excellent form and commitment.

Ridiculously talented player, I was shocked he was 26 though. Wasted a lot of time in Ukraine. As for his attitude, I'd probably also have an apparent attitude problem if I was a player of colour playing in Germany, they are pretty damn racist as a fan group.
He had the same problems in Ukraine, no clue about racism in Germany

I think with Walker it comes down to one question. Does he want to go? If he doesn't then we should keep him. But if he does then I think we may already have his future replacement in our ranks.

I'd be a lot more concerned about losing Rose.

Does this look like a player who wants to leave? After this reaction I'm pretty confident he is quite happy at spurs......

C-ahRFPWsAAvd2D.jpg

He was only 24 when he left Shakhtar, where he won multiple league titles and went to the Quarter Finals of the Champions League and played on maybe the most exciting young team in Europe of the past 15 years (Willian, Douglas Costa, Fernandinho, Mkhi, Dario Srna, Luiz Adriano, etc). Hard to argue that his development time in Ukraine was anything other than a smashing success.

This is utter and absolute fucking horseshit. Absolutely false and completely uninformed. What a bunch of complete bollox.

No utter bollocks about it. German fans are fucking notorious for monkey chants towards black players and pretending it doesn't happen only adds to the problem.

Didn't know the silly season started in April.

Walker is going nowhere. And stop trying to make it sound like a good move. You don't sell key players, simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom