Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dembele is scoring at the rate I'd expect Janssen to in Scotland so I don't think he's worth spending big money on personally. A striker would need to be scoring 3 or 4 goals a game in that dog shit league to be worth spending money on IMO.

Prepare for the lazy comments about Van Dijk or Wanyama excelling in Scotland (neither of which are strikers), and forgetting the likes of:

Gary Hooper
Broken Robbie Keane
John Hartson
Scott McDonald

and a whole host of other strikers who they played like Messi at Celtic, and yet suspiciously like Altidore everwhere else.

I'm not sure there is an example of any goalscorers who were prolific in the SPL, and yet found their level (or even didn't) in the Championship/Division 1.

Prepare for the lazy comments about Van Dijk or Wanyama excelling in Scotland (neither of which are strikers), and forgetting the likes of:

Gary Hooper
Broken Robbie Keane
John Hartson
Scott McDonald

and a whole host of other strikers who they played like Messi at Celtic, and yet suspiciously like Altidore everwhere else.

I'm not sure there is an example of any goalscorers who were prolific in the SPL, and yet found their level (or even didn't) in the Championship/Division 1.
Rod Wallace always springs to mind. Scored as many in Scotland as he did I England, but did it in a third of the games.

fucking pub league.

Forest have got an interesting prospect called Ben Brereton. He's not yet 18 but looks older in the way he plays. You can see shades of Kane in him. English as well. Has all the hallmarks of a Poch/Levy signing. Definitely worth a £10 million punt, though Forest fans seem to value around £25 million and rate him higher than Burke.

Gary Hooper
Broken Robbie Keane
John Hartson
Scott McDonald

B-b-but Jim White told Robbie that Dembele would tear it up for Woolwich if they signed him.

Are you telling me that Jim White would talk utter shite in an authoritative manner in order to sound convincing?
:allitongue:

Forest have got an interesting prospect called Ben Brereton. He's not yet 18 but looks older in the way he plays. You can see shades of Kane in him. English as well. Has all the hallmarks of a Poch/Levy signing. Definitely worth a £10 million punt, though Forest fans seem to value around £25 million and rate him higher than Burke.

Just googled him and found this photo

sport-preveiw-ben-brereton.jpg

"Get yer own scouts, la"

I've seen him a few times, looks class. Only issue is though he could be a Connor Wickham, who's freak premature maturity created the mirage that he'd keep developing. (Also see Micah Richards and Reece Oxford)

Would be worth taking a punt on though, in addition to a veteran vice-Kane.

Have we been linked?

Genuinely forgot about him (sterling management by Mourinho there). He held us back last season and him going off injured immediately led to us scoring 3 goals in quick succession.

Especially if he can play on either side, he'd be a fantastic addition. Bring him in, and make Davies our backup left-sided CB in our back three. Sorted.

Incredible player with unbelieveable potential tbh.

or Tore Andre Flo :pochfacepalm:

You mean the Tore André Flo, who scored a hattrick vs Spurs at White Hart Lane?
:dembelewtf:
As a Norwegian, I watched him a lot. He wasn't playing good at Rangers, but he was a brilliant player for the Bluescum, unfortunately.

You mean the Tore André Flo, who scored a hattrick vs Spurs at White Hart Lane?
:dembelewtf:
As a Norwegian, I watched him a lot. He wasn't playing good at Rangers, but he was a brilliant player for the Bluescum, unfortunately.

Ah, the famous "missing the point" quote.

The same Tore Andre Flo who scored maybe 30 league goals for Chelsea in well over 110 Premier League games, but managed not far off a goal a game in the SPL, before coming back to the PL and managing 4 goals a season (i.e. SPL is shit and not indicative of a good PL striker).

Unfortunately, scoring against us in the late 90's wasn't actually a sign that a player was any good, it was a sign that we weren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom