Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me Douglas Costa would be fucking perfect. Mammoth workrate, pace for days on the wing and his final ball is deadly. Right about to start the prime of his career as well (26 currently) and add exactly what we've been missing.

Eurosport.de gives this transfer a 50% chance of happening: Transfer-Check: Douglas Costa vom FC Bayern München zu Tottenham Hotspur

Also - this paragraph should get every Spurs fan hard. This is how we are starting to be seen across Europe. Can you remember when foreign press ever wrote about Spurs this way?

"Tottenham wäre eine attraktive Alternative. Der Londoner Klub kämpft um die Meisterschaft, spielt in der kommenden Saison in der Champions League und dürfte bei einem lukrativen Angebot gute Karten haben bei Costa. Die "Spurs" wollen ihren Kader für die "Königsklasse" stärken und auf der Costa-Position sieht man Bedarf, da Teammanager Mauricio Pochettino mit Moussa Sissoko nicht zufrieden ist."

//

Tottenham would be an attractive alternative. The London club is fighting for the league title, will play in the Champions League next season and can likely make a lucrative bid for Costa. Spurs want to strengthen from the "King Class" and there is a need at Costa's position since manager Mauricio Pochettino is not pleased with Moussa Sissoko.

Fuck me Douglas Costa would be fucking perfect. Mammoth workrate, pace for days on the wing and his final ball is deadly. Right about to start the prime of his career as well (26 currently) and add exactly what we've been missing.

Eurosport.de gives this transfer a 50% chance of happening: Transfer-Check: Douglas Costa vom FC Bayern München zu Tottenham Hotspur

Also - this paragraph should get every Spurs fan hard. This is how we are starting to be seen across Europe. Can you remember when foreign press ever wrote about Spurs this way?

"Tottenham wäre eine attraktive Alternative. Der Londoner Klub kämpft um die Meisterschaft, spielt in der kommenden Saison in der Champions League und dürfte bei einem lukrativen Angebot gute Karten haben bei Costa. Die "Spurs" wollen ihren Kader für die "Königsklasse" stärken und auf der Costa-Position sieht man Bedarf, da Teammanager Mauricio Pochettino mit Moussa Sissoko nicht zufrieden ist."

//

Tottenham would be an attractive alternative. The London club is fighting for the league title, will play in the Champions League next season and can likely make a lucrative bid for Costa. Spurs want to strengthen from the "King Class" and there is a need at Costa's position since manager Mauricio Pochettino is not pleased with Moussa Sissoko.
I'd love to see Costa at Spurs but I can't see it happening in a month of Sundays!

//

Not a Poch type signing at all, nor a Levy one. He'll want too much money and he fits the profile of the type of players the Chinese like and who would be interested in going there for silly money in a year or two, and it's best to avoid them.

Sissoko was an atypical Poch/Levy signing and I doubt it's a mistake they'll repeat.

Since the club probably needs a backup CB to keep the 3 at the back system going, how about John Brooks? He's a solid defender, pretty young, and from a financial/marketing standpoint he's American (half-German, born in Berlin, but he's got a huge-ass Chicago, Illinois tattoo)....just think of the financial benefits.

Also, he plays for Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga, a relatively poor club, so it wouldn't take too much effort for Levy to sign him.

I'm having a hard time imagining anything funnier than Sanchez running down his contract and pulling a reverse Sol Campbell.

No thanks.

Since the club probably needs a backup CB to keep the 3 at the back system going, how about John Brooks? He's a solid defender, pretty young, and from a financial/marketing standpoint he's American (half-German, born in Berlin, but he's got a huge-ass Chicago, Illinois tattoo)....just think of the financial benefits.

Also, he plays for Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga, a relatively poor club, so it wouldn't take too much effort for Levy to sign him.

I'm having a hard time imagining anything funnier than Sanchez running down his contract and pulling a reverse Sol Campbell.

No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom