Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking el, you switched from city to united quickly.
It was a rough semi final yesterday.
:levyeyes:

tumblr_inline_nn6herozX81sndsvm_500.gif

Red Cafe has 18 pages on Eric Dier. Most of it is pretty funny actually. They look pretty evenly split on him, with most of them obviously having never really watched him before calling him block-headed and shite.

This guy gets it though:
Clutch said:
2 words. Daniel Levy

Uh oh people. Shocking news over at Red Cafe. Tottenham Hotspur is falling apart because of Brexit, according to thegregster:

"Spurs have been hit hard by Brexit.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...has-risen-to-800m-due-to-brexit-a3484516.html

I can easily see costs going through the £1billion mark if they carry on. I suspect some of the development will be put on hold as Brexit collapses London commercial property.

Selling their best players is highly likely.

They may even have to sell part of the club to raise funds.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...essure-prove-funding-place-new-spurs-stadium/"

Uh oh people. Shocking news over at Red Cafe. Tottenham Hotspur is falling apart because of Brexit, according to thegregster:

"Spurs have been hit hard by Brexit.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...has-risen-to-800m-due-to-brexit-a3484516.html

I can easily see costs going through the £1billion mark if they carry on. I suspect some of the development will be put on hold as Brexit collapses London commercial property.

Selling their best players is highly likely.

They may even have to sell part of the club to raise funds.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...essure-prove-funding-place-new-spurs-stadium/"

Yeah sure. A much better business model is to sell top players, be shit again, never qualify for Europe, lower income generated over the next 10 years, not bother trying to attract fans to our new stadium.... Makes sense right?
:pochrolleyes:

:levystare:

So Rose for 80M is a no?
Definitive no.

Where this team is at, you don't just start chopping and changing for profit and opportunity. Sell Rose for big money and then the media will start selling everyone for us. It affirms the narrative that Spurs are a selling team. It hasn't been true for a while now, but that hasn't stopped the media even when they've got zero justification. Start that shit now and our entire squad will be fair game, just as City/Chelsea/United, etc. have all given up trying to deal with us.

Quality left backs are rare enough that if you've got a good young one, you hold on to them for dear life. It would be a major fuck you from Levy to Pochettino.

Definitive no.

Where this team is at, you don't just start chopping and changing for profit and opportunity. Sell Rose for big money and then the media will start selling everyone for us. It affirms the narrative that Spurs are a selling team. It hasn't been true for a while now, but that hasn't stopped the media even when they've got zero justification. Start that shit now and our entire squad will be fair game, just as City/Chelsea/United, etc. have all given up trying to deal with us.

Quality left backs are rare enough that if you've got a good young one, you hold on to them for dear life. It would be a major fuck you from Levy to Pochettino.
It was a joke to follow up the 5 pages of hypothetical bickering in the Rose thread from last week.

:allitongue:

Got a good laugh from this post. Keep em up. I want to hear more about Rose to City, and Kane to United too. Barca are prying Eriksen away from us, and Dele to Madrid.

All triffic business. Think of all the money we could reinvest if we sold our entire starting 11!

How much was left on the stadium?
:levyeyes:

Not unreasonable for the players we have to want more money, especially with the ability they have.

Just got to hope they believe the promises Poch will give them.

Funny how Pochs quotes basically saying "I welcome any club to come and try and sign our players" was widely ignored......along with his quotes about staying here himself.

But a quoteless non story that was invented because Walker was on the bench at Wembley is making headlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom