Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking el, you switched from city to united quickly.

Or maybe...... subjectively making predictions based on projected reality and not acting like a lobotomised, biased chimp due to same-city rivalry isn't beyond some people. I tipped Chelsea to win the league this season and City to struggle to make top 4....

Dier will be United captain within 2 seasons; reserve the ridicule until after the fact, and save some face. The next few months will make those convinced Dier isn't going anywhere will look very stupid.

Walker odds on for City. Though it's going to be based on the speculation.

Id like to think we'd give these players pay rises after the season they've had. City are going to go for it though.

Or maybe...... subjectively making predictions based on projected reality and not acting like a lobotomised, biased chimp due to same-city rivalry isn't beyond some people. I tipped Chelsea to win the league this season and City to struggle to make top 4....

Dier will be United captain within 2 seasons; reserve the ridicule until after the fact, and save some face. The next few months will make those convinced Dier isn't going anywhere will look very stupid.
Very well. I have now bookmarked this post. I will come back to it in a few months to laugh at you then, not now.

Why would any of our players want to leave to go to another PL club? Unless it's for money then I can't think of any other reason as we are challenging for the league again, should have CL football again, have the best manager in the league, and a new stadium round the corner........
I really hope none of our players have there head turned by money......... but if they do then I trust Levy to get the best deal possible, plus an extra 20 million!

Can't see Walker leaving. He'll go down as a legend at Spurs. Granted he'll get a far wage rise at City, but I think he can win something with us and is already the best RB in the league playing with us. Levy will want £35m+

On another note, congrats to Newcastle on being promoted. There's a loss waiting for us next season. They've been our bogey team for a while at home. Suppose it depends where home is next year.

Why would any of our players want to leave to go to another PL club? Unless it's for money then I can't think of any other reason as we are challenging for the league again, should have CL football again, have the best manager in the league, and a new stadium round the corner........
I really hope none of our players have there head turned by money......... but if they do then I trust Levy to get the best deal possible, plus an extra 20 million!
I think it's possible that some of it is agent manufactured with eyes toward a better deal or terms. I'm of the notion that Dier's future is in midfield. I think he's happy at Spurs, but dropping a line to journalists saying that Dier is interested in United also gives him a much better hand at negotiating a better deal and/or moving him to his favored position.

Will you promise to fuck off in the meantime?

.....Yet at different times you've alluded to yourself as to being City AND Utd.

Identity crisis.. Bit like both the above clubs.

I think if Walker goes knocking on the door of the manager or chairman, then the first thing to consider is what we would do if we had a sense of our own worth. Probably hope we got an improved contract and carry on.

However footballers and their agents know what is being offered by suitors so I just see this as a slight irritation but also one that is a real possibility. Put this way I think we have so many good players that resisting all bids will be more a matter of Pochetiino saying what will we do with any money we receive.

In this crazy market our players are going to cost crazy money but money the likes of City, United and Chelsea will pay in this country and the big 5/6 in Europe would also follow.

Walker would be big loss because his pace and aggression are not easy to acquire and are integral to how we play BUT Trippier has got better and if we can do our scouting then we might find a much cheaper alternative.

I prefer to keep our best players but we all know that we also need slight improvements. What I hope is that much of what we are reading is paper talk but there is rarely talk without some solidity and I also think this is 100% a matter of money over ambition, because if not you would not consider leaving us at the present time.

We shall see but I expect Walker back on Wednesday.

Read a study that was done on how money affects your happiness, as you would expect earning more makes you happier, however a point is reached after which earning more money no longer has any effect on happiness. I think the cut off point was something like 100K a year...so most of our lads should be happy enough already...unless they are really greedy cunts of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom