Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with half a brain cell knows that Keane would almost certainly be a Wimmer replacement, not a Dier replacement.

I hope we are looking at young centre backs if we plan on playing 3 at the back the majority of the time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the injuries to Toby and Jan sometimes resulted in reverting to 4 at the back when it became clear that Poch doesn't fancy Big Kev.
the thing with a back 3 is that the L & R positions require more pace and mobility than the standard two CBs. They have more ground to cover when they split to beat the press, are often covering runners rather than marking, and are encouraged to move into midfield with the ball. Its why Jan is so fucking good there, but also why Dier probably isn't (bar the last bit). Certainly Wimmer doesn't fit the bill, neither does Keane.

Tottenham news: Patrik Schick and his agent set to hold talks over potential £21.5m Tottenham move - report

Here's something to be excited about if it's real. Patrik Schick is a very exciting up and coming talent. From Serie A, so a bit skeptical on how good he can be in the premier league, but from what I have seen, tall player who is surprisingly quick for how big he is.
Football Insider, this biggest clickbait site out there mate. Not worth one second of your time.

Transfer window isn't even open, its mostly just rumours at this point. Being that we are playing on a large pitch next season a bit more speed would be good.

Zaha, Moussa Dembele, Sessegnon etc type targets, perhaps another out and out midfield Workhorse to replace Sissoko. Not to many real, unlikely to get Isco so, is what it is.

Since the club probably needs a backup CB to keep the 3 at the back system going, how about John Brooks? He's a solid defender, pretty young, and from a financial/marketing standpoint he's American (half-German, born in Berlin, but he's got a huge-ass Chicago, Illinois tattoo)....just think of the financial benefits.

Also, he plays for Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga, a relatively poor club, so it wouldn't take too much effort for Levy to sign him.

Alexis Sanchez it is.

:tobyarm:

Did not see this before my post
I'm having a hard time imagining anything funnier than Sanchez running down his contract and pulling a reverse Sol Campbell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom