Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last, on a free, was Hargreaves in 2011.

Prior to that, a slim technicality, Tevez, in 2009.

Before that, Terry Cooke in 1999.

Hargreaves was free though - so Man Utd and Man City didn't do direct business. A bit like Tevez situation where he was signed on a free transfer.

I doubt Man Utd let them go thinking they'd go on to sign for Man City. Luke Shaw wouldn't be a free and I feel like no matter how much money Man City offered, Man Utd wouldn't sell to a direct rival - especially when it'd arguably strengthen them too.

Start of last season pre-injury he was immense, and he's got 4 years of development in his favour to get to the age where Rose even began to look like a decent left back. If Pocchettino can make such a good leftback out of Rose, then he can make a truly great one out of Shaw.
Poch is the guy that made Shaw that good to be sold for £30Mil, getting rid of Rose and replacing with Shaw would be a travesty tho, just like you linking the best fullback in the league to a Manchester club when your last name is Manc

Start of last season pre-injury he was immense, and he's got 4 years of development in his favour to get to the age where Rose even began to look like a decent left back. If Pocchettino can make such a good leftback out of Rose, then he can make a truly great one out of Shaw.

You mean like when Rose was on loan at Sunderland at 21?

Poch is the guy that made Shaw that good to be sold for £30Mil, getting rid of Rose and replacing with Shaw would be a travesty tho, just like you linking the best fullback in the league to a Manchester club when your last name is Manc

I assume he's the Arcspace of City forums...

As a lifelong City fan I've had to witness my club compromise it's dignity and identity in exchange for the indulgences of a tyrannical Arab's inherited wealth, and the use of

I assume he's the Arcspace of City forums...
Isn't it about time you flounced again from TFC for a few years after your last owning from Gibbs (out of all people). Then pretend you had some important shit in your life to sort out while in fact you were desperately hoping people forget your embarrassing melting on here night after night. Go edit some unfunny subtitles on a video-clip - and tell us how're selling your Porsche for a Kia Picanto, Mr. Never Ever Wrong

Isn't this what Tottenham should be about. Bring in talents at a reasonable price, develop, cultivate and sell them ridiculously expensive.

I don't see another way to compete with the oilbillionarefootballfunsideprojectowners.

Problem is we don't have the half developed Rose replacement talent yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom