Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the guy who scoffed at my "Don't play Lennon, Townsend and Soldado" posts. Plus everyone laughed when I said Walker and Trippier should be given more rope up the wings.

Do you ever get tired trying to force it?

Walker and Rose relatively are one of the leading creative players at left and right back. In fact you can hardly even call it that. They virtually are wingers these days. And I'm not sure if you missed it...but Poch was playing Trippier and Davies AT LEFT AND RIGHT BACK at the end of the season.

And we were doing great. Now add Walker and Rose in front and you add pace, passion, defense and aggression. You talking about the spine is kinda backwards because Walker and Rose are more solid that whatever combo we put on the right and left of midfield.

Recent losses to Chelsea came from set pieces caused by us struggling with pace. We dominated them in all other areas. Only chink in our armory is pace. This fixes that if the transfer windows does not fix it.

Plus: what fast players could we sign, will be better than Rose or Walker? I think it's win win. We also tell our squad that if you play well like Trippier, you get a chance. I like our current squad. I don't think you have a good grasp of how important Rose and Walkers wingplay was to our creativity.

Didn%27t_read.gif

I was desperate for anyone. That's what the window had become.
Desperation. In fact I'd have probably licked his balls if he'd splurged 50mil on Peter Crouch by that stage.
You were over the fucking moon mate. Many posts testify to it, dancing emoji's and getting one over Everton blah, blah. Now having to endure you for yet another window of your winging, moaning, how embarrassed you are to be Spurs, what a scandal it is on how we do our transfer business is utterly ridiculous.

Still crack on, as we all know you will. The record just keeps spinning.

From COYS, who nicked it from SC:

Then this:
From SC to COYS:

From a and c the admin from spurs community

I've come to realise this summer that the A&C bloke is (or has turned into) a right prick. The only time I see anyone positively rate his posts is when people are sucking up to him (although I only read the transfer threads). He's very negative in his thinking and sounds like someone you'd meet talking shit at the bar on a Haven holiday.

I think in absence of insider info, they're just stirring the pot to keep people posting.

Even if it is true, short of Kane or Poch leaving, I wouldn't really fret about any outgoings. Just got to trust the club.

Here's the latest nonsense if you're interested

Whilst Pochettino understands that we can't sign big stars, he's getting increasingly frustrated that targets agreed to are not being delivered, despite these players being entirely affordable, within our range and agreeing to come.

He's not getting his choices with some regularity and things aren't at all well between him and the bald man who offers up signings that Poch just doesn't want. He'll continue to say the right things for now but unless things change soon, at some point we'll start to see stories appearing in the media. The Goat's source guesses we might get another season from him at best unless things dramatically improve.

The players don't see the new ground as the be all and end all, they want to see ambition to go along with it and as for the wages thing, this isn't player greed, its promises being made and then broken. A number of players are only still here because of Pochettino and if he goes this could all turn very quickly into a nightmare for the man at the top with the majority of our top names leaving.........unless he (once again) makes moves to fix things. He has a VERY accomplished PR or 'spin' department.

On the good news front, a fee for Barkley has been agreed for some while at 20m but soured by last minute changes to deal structure instigated by the man at the top, so it may or may not happen.......and this isn't the first time, there's a long list of deals that never came off due to these last minute attempts to squeeze a bit out of a deal......... Lemar, Batshuayi, Berahino and going further back even Willian etc etc......The Goat hears that the failure to sign these players is down to one man.

Edit

Followed up by Trix

I don't know how much of the goat stuff is correct, but there is at least one part that is 100℅ not the case.

Last edited:
COYS reaction to the "ITK"
Ali Z:
TBH this comes as a shock to me nothing I have heard hints at anything meltdown style.

Edmonton: I wonder if it is just Walker to a rival or they have picked up on some agent gossip. Spoken to a few people this week and although they have no obligation to say anything there was no hint of bad news coming from the club.

Edit

Followed up by Trix

I don't know how much of the goat stuff is correct, but there is at least one part that is 100℅ not the case.

So very anti-Levy is the anonymous GOAT.

These ITK cunts just make shit up and contradict one another. Fuck them, stopping going over to SC as it's utter bullshit.

Edit

Followed up by Trix

Interesting. Seems like someone trying to build a narrative and revising history to match it. A lot of the historical examples did not happen the way he claims they did.

Think the first 11 is sorted already, Trippier will replace Walker if/when he's gone so that leaves squad strength that needs topping up and I think Poch wants to be extra careful and give more consideration to who we go for, Janssen was a bit of a flop last season and Sissoko was a really bad waste of money...a last minute splurge that cost us 30m so this time around everything seems to be going slower hence the lack of any real news.

I think outside of Lemar we haven't really been seriously linked to anyone that would more likely than not start for us. As I mentioned before we're more likely looking at solid squad additions, we need to be at the level where if we swap 3 for 3 our level doesn't drop.

If they outplayed the first team members they would have been first choice....whats delusional abbout that.
You´ve just basically described 50M worth of signings as crap......yet you keep demanding signings are paramount
Hang on. I want us to sign players who are better or as good as what we already have. Not players who can't break into the first team. That's what most fans want surely.
:avbfacepalm:

I've often pondered:

tenor.gif

If you were genuinely ITK and you constantly leaked your ITK to the public, albeit cryptically, then you wouldn't stay ITK for very long.

I've often pondered:

tenor.gif

If you were genuinely ITK and you constantly leaked your ITK to the public, albeit cryptically, then you wouldn't stay ITK for very long.

ITK is surely down to the original source either being a bad employee, or propoganda.

I think some ITK is genuine, but it's not ever that reliable when it comes to predicted transfers, as some times even the players themselves don't know until the last minute (Sissoko).

I can see why a club would feed "ITK", as it's back door tapping up or a way to unsettle players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom