Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janssen. Cheap gamble that didn't pay off. Should have paid the money to offer real competition for Kane.

Sissoko. Last minute panic buy when Levy found himself with 30mil burning a hole in his pocket after fucking around with his brinkmanship for 2 months meaning Poch missing out on his real targets such as Wijnaldum etc...

Anyone who thinks either were Pochs first choice is deluded, imho
You loved us signing Sissoko, you were one of a handful of people praising Levy for it.

Of course clubs make signings, it's just that no one was screaming about Lemar DURING the season.....it's a nervous tick that has developed in the game, and frankly it's ridiculous.
If I read the news one morning and we've signed someone, great.
If not, I don't care.
Spurs are at a stage where we don't need the hysteria.....we are not the team of 2008.
I find it all a bit pathetic in all honesty when people start talking about letting the club down and standing still.
Keeping Walker will trump any signing.
To be fair During the season I was saying bernado silva would have been a great addition but obviously he's gone to city now , I dont think its pathetic to say I want us to continue to improve on an already great squad. That being said im not of the belief it would be some big disaster if we were not to sign anyone, I think this squad is of course good enough to compete again.

I'd add someone like Quincy Promes. Creativity and pace up top. Has stated Champions League is important to him (snubbed Liverpool last month because of it). Adds real depth for games when Dele needs to be rested

He sounds like a fruit preserve

Welcome to TFC by the way

This Turkish wonderkid Cengiz รœnder that was mentioned as a Spurs target seems to be negotiating with City now.

If Tottenham plans to go for young starlets why not do just that.

Ooooh decent stats .

SIGN HIM , SIGN HIM NOW!

Fuck it; sign him regardless.... Can always knock up a pretty graphic if need be at a later date... Time to stop with the defeatist, thinking voodoo.... Just buy... In fact burn the money if we have to... I won'r rest until I see some significant outgoings!!!!, :angryscouser:

Last edited:
Are we sure he's not getting too old? Does he work hard enough? What's his life like away off the pitch? Good attitude? Friendly to pets?

24 & he played for a team called " Go ahead Eagles"

I think that's all we need to know

I thought he was 25? Will be 26 during the course of the season. Are we sure that's young enough to be trained and developed!!!?

It's only what I read in your link .

If he's really 25 he can fuck off ,the old bastard. I now hate him & have unfollowed him on all social media including tinder

A summer from in house?

"I think it's clear that Josh is a potential first team player like Cameron Carter-Vickers and Harry Winks, like all the young players in our academy"

โ€œHarry is a very good prospect, a player who is dynamic and aggressive. He needs time to be consistent but can be one of the best midfielders for Englandโ€

"The way to improve is training with us and trying to show us that they deserve to be involved. In that moment, you can be sure that we will give them the opportunity to play and show their quality"

"They are players that we are thinking about for the future"

"We expect that they will be involved next season more than they were this season." said Pochettino.

We could easily be saying that a centre back and two central midfielders look like being added to the squad this season, not to mention the world cup winning right back Kyle Walker-peters

"My long-term goal is definitely to play for Tottenham. I'm a Spurs fan, I was born at North Middlesex Hospital, I've grown up in Tottenham and I've supported the club all my life." said Kyle upon signing his professional contract back in February '17.

You loved us signing Sissoko, you were one of a handful of people praising Levy for it.

The only thing that matters for John is that Levy is spending large amounts of money on players whether they're good or bad. His whole schtick usually is Levy not spending enough and how we're small time for taking the frugal route. Let's not forget his stadium denial days, it plain to see where the money is going now.

Ever since Pochettino was employed the statement was made about us developing the club via different means whilst we build the new stadium. I don't ever recall anyone saying we'll spunk ยฃ100m on players during one window, look where that got us the last time that happened. I for one am quite happy that we're not going out and risking ยฃ30-50m on players. Our first 11 is the best in the league and they should allow to develop together with some additional squad members who are ready to push that 11.

Janssen. Cheap gamble that didn't pay off. Should have paid the money to offer real competition for Kane.

Sissoko. Last minute panic buy when Levy found himself with 30mil burning a hole in his pocket after fucking around with his brinkmanship for 2 months meaning Poch missing out on his real targets such as Wijnaldum etc...

Anyone who thinks either were Pochs first choice is deluded, imho

If they outplayed the first team members they would have been first choice....whats delusional abbout that.

Youยดve just basically described 50M worth of signings as crap......yet you keep demanding signings are paramount

I was desperate for anyone. That's what the window had become.
Desperation. In fact I'd have probably licked his balls if he'd splurged 50mil on Peter Crouch by that stage.

That's your issue is that all you're interested in is seeing the club buying players. Whether they're the right ones or not. You know that's not going to happen though, we have a limited transfer budget and we won't be buying 3 players for ยฃ30m+.

I'm much more content with us developing our own or finding the next Alli or Dier who do not cost stupid amounts.

I get the impression you want to support a financially doped club and not one that is trying to do things the good old fashioned right way.

The only thing that matters for John is that Levy is spending large amounts of money on players whether they're good or bad. His whole schtick usually is Levy not spending enough and how we're small time for taking the frugal route. Let's not forget his stadium denial days, it plain to see where the money is going now.

Ever since Pochettino was employed the statement was made about us developing the club via different means whilst we build the new stadium. I don't ever recall anyone saying we'll spunk ยฃ100m on players during one window, look where that got us the last time that happened. I for one am quite happy that we're not going out and risking ยฃ30-50m on players. Our first 11 is the best in the league and they should allow to develop together with some additional squad members who are ready to push that 11.
To be fair to John he doesn't hide behind knowing anything about the player(s), whether they are good or bad as individuals or good or bad for the team. He's is only interested in spending big money on a player(s), it's a time of immense joy if they are expensive and even more joy if we sign said player from under the noses of another club. It's all about how big is your dick in his world (bigger stadium, Wembley more fans than you, spend more money than you, stole player from under their noises, my Dad is bigger than your Dad). This is his want and unfortunately how he values Spurs but he has at least consistently stuck to it this position, so fair play to him on that. But it is maddening that he continues with this mantra when his joy over singing Sissoko is living proof he's barking up the wrong tree. (and then of course having to listen to him bang on about Levy being a cunt for signing him, makes him look, well......................best not say he might get all cross and that).

I was desperate for anyone. That's what the window had become.
Desperation. In fact I'd have probably licked his balls if he'd splurged 50mil on Peter Crouch by that stage.

And now youยดre doing it again......have you even outlined who you want and why?

From what I can make out, any fancy name we are linked with on twitter, you decide is a must have player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom