Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The market now is so overheat compared to a few seasons back. As I mentioned in earlier post,we need to sell someone for silly money before we buy silly. We paid 30 mils for Sissoko with is the going rate thesedays for such quality. None of what Everton bought will improve us that much, but they cost nearly 100 mils. Just feel Winks, Onomah and Walker-Peters are worth the while to invest game-time on. Another average 30 mil purchase will just hinder them.

if Walker goes we need a back right back with experience, Walker-peters needs to stay here till Christmas then go out on loan playing men in championship,
Onomah needs to be out on loan this season playing every game in championship, getting stronger by playing men, (he had a wasted season last year not being on loan)

if Walker goes we need a back right back with experience, Walker-peters needs to stay here till Christmas then go out on loan playing men in championship,
Onomah needs to be out on loan this season playing every game in championship, getting stronger by playing men, (he had a wasted season last year not being on loan)

Pochettino does not loan players out who he thinks are future squad members. If they are ready he will integrate them.

Page 400! It's a Friday !

There's going to be fireworks

giphy24.gif

My guess in regards to loans for the young guys is that I think it's up to the players to approach Poch about it. He obviously wants to keep his youths around but if a player pitches it well enough I don't think he says no.

Walkes loan seems to be going well for him for all intents and purposes after all and gives Poch some video of him to follow to see improvements and in a worst case scenario Walkes builds a rep so we can justify a decent price on a sale.

We made several additions last year.....what's your take on Janssen and Sissoko again?
Janssen. Cheap gamble that didn't pay off. Should have paid the money to offer real competition for Kane.

Sissoko. Last minute panic buy when Levy found himself with 30mil burning a hole in his pocket after fucking around with his brinkmanship for 2 months meaning Poch missing out on his real targets such as Wijnaldum etc...

Anyone who thinks either were Pochs first choice is deluded, imho

Janssen. Cheap gamble that didn't pay off. Should have paid the money to offer real competition for Kane.

Sissoko. Last minute panic buy when Levy found himself with 30mil burning a hole in his pocket after fucking around with his brinkmanship for 2 months meaning Poch missing out on his real targets such as Wijnaldum etc...

Anyone who thinks either were Pochs first choice is deluded, imho

Pochettino personally went too see the Netherlands and Janssen play last summer. If you don't think he wasn't someone he wasn't interested in then why were he and Mitchell both at that match?

Pochettino personally went too see the Netherlands and Janssen play last summer. If you don't think he wasn't someone he wasn't interested in then why were he and Mitchell both at that match?
I'm sure there were others he would have preferred to be watching. And what about Sissoko. Was he being eyed closely by Poch and his men ?

Haven't we been linked with Promes before as well?

On the topic of Sissoko. I just don't get why we keep playing him as a winger. When he's come off the bench to play more centrally in the midfield he's been good and actually produced some assists.

Not saying start him instead of Eriksen/Dembelé etc. But when we sub him in shouldn't we sub a guy into his preferred position preferrably?

Haven't we been linked with Promes before as well?

On the topic of Sissoko. I just don't get why we keep playing him as a winger. When he's come off the bench to play more centrally in the midfield he's been good and actually produced some assists.

Not saying start him instead of Eriksen/Dembelé etc. But when we sub him in shouldn't we sub a guy into his preferred position preferrably?

Tottenham Hotspur check on Quincy Promes | Daily Mail Online

Probably one of those where we've went to scout Janssen and he's impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom