Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't scout a player based on 30 yard screamers in the Belgian league. That would be the first thing to disappear in the premier league with better defending and closing down.

Did we not just get beat by a Belgian team? I'm not saying that he's a perfect fit for Spurs but Tielemans is a real talent.

Can't help but feel we need an experienced guy in there. Like a Gudjohnsen, who came in on no doubt low wages compares to what a Ibrahimovic would demand, come in as someone who has won things, a calming influence and one willing to bring his experience and expertise to the squad.

I still remember how good he was and feel he was a key part in us getting top four that year. I still remember our home win over Woolwich, our first in 10+ years. Woolwich were dominating is at the end, we brought Gudjohnsen on and the composure he provided was outstanding.

Gudjohnsen's too old IMHO

Ryan Christie on loan at Aberdeen looks the real deal. We should keep an eye on him. The likes of him, tierney, and McGinn could all be snapped up for relative buttons and improve our stock of young talent in the squad.

We can rule out Mbappe - absolutely destined for one of the Europe elite clubs.

I think we should absolutely focus on Thomas Lemar though. I find it amazing that we scout France and we have ended up coming back with the likes of Stambouli, Njie and N'Koudou yet missed out on Martial and Dembele and couldn't even find Lemar.

We can rule out Mbappe - absolutely destined for one of the Europe elite clubs.

I think we should absolutely focus on Thomas Lemar though. I find it amazing that we scout France and we have ended up coming back with the likes of Stambouli, Njie and N'Koudou yet missed out on Martial and Dembele and couldn't even find Lemar.
Our recruitment is a shambles. We missed out on Dembele because we didn't want to pay the plane ticket

If Martial was worth £30,000,000 then Mbappe is worth that and more, especially as he's shown more than Martial ever did at Monaco.

Shambolic.
Missed out on Martial because Levy didn't want to cough up the 20m. Went on to buy N'jie instead, I think we had a bid of 15m rejected

Missed out on Martial because Levy didn't want to cough up the 20m. Went on to buy N'jie instead, I think we had a bid of 15m rejected

What's hilarious is that within 2 years we've signed N'Jie, N'Koudou and Sissoko for a near combined £60,000,000 - that would have got us both Dembele AND Martial. Two players we were linked with and close to signing.

Fuck it, throw in Dembele from Celtic and we'd still have spent less.

What's hilarious is that within 2 years we've signed N'Jie, N'Koudou and Sissoko for a near combined £60,000,000 - that would have got us both Dembele AND Martial. Two players we were linked with and close to signing.

Fuck it, throw in Dembele from Celtic and we'd still have spent less.
Timo Werner too, it's mental how much we've missed out on

We ain't getting Mbbappe, Bernardo Silva etc but some of there less high profile players like Lemar would be a good singing.

Go for the like of Lemar, Sessegnon and Tielemans. Targets we can get that will help improve us.

We could probably attract Mbappe, but we all know Levy will dilly dally around with 10m bids

Hope last summer served as a lesson to Poch and Levy
Quite. If we were to pull it off, it'd need to be some Mane-to-Liverpool type of paying the asking price and not fucking around. If you don't pay the asking price for a good player, then you seem to run the risk of *Sissoko* wasting more *Sissoko* on a player *Sissoko* who doesn't improve your team.

*Sissoko*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom