Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
L'Equipe write Spurs are very much a possible destination for AS Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe this summer.

Daily Mail report Tottenham Hotspur are now confident of signing Fulham left-back Ryan Sessegnon

Daily Mirror claim Spurs "footballer" Moussa Sissoko is a summer transfer target for AC Milan

Mbappe is going to cost £25,000,000+ at the very least, pretty much the same sort of deal Monaco got for Martial really and he's already showing more promise than Martial ever did.

I imagine if the deal was ever struck it'd have a shit load of instalments and add ons for international appearances etc.

Mbappe is going to cost £25,000,000+ at the very least, pretty much the same sort of deal Monaco got for Martial really and he's already showing more promise than Martial ever did.

I imagine if the deal was ever struck it'd have a shit load of instalments and add ons for international appearances etc.
We have to sign good players if we want to keep improving. I have no issue with this one at all. Sessegnon too. I'd like tielemans but I'm not sure we need him with the youth players we have available to us over the next 5 years

We have to sign good players if we want to keep improving. I have no issue with this one at all. Sessegnon too. I'd like tielemans but I'm not sure we need him with the youth players we have available to us over the next 5 years

Tielemans, Winks, Dembele, Wanyama is pretty tasty selection of central midfielders to be honest. Dier can also slot in if needed, though I think Pochettino sees him as a defender in a back three.

Mbappe, Sessengon, Tielemans in?
Sissoko out?

Today's transfer rumours...

raw

L'Equipe write Spurs are very much a possible destination for AS Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe this summer.

Daily Mail report Tottenham Hotspur are now confident of signing Fulham left-back Ryan Sessegnon

Daily Mirror claim Spurs "footballer" Moussa Sissoko is a summer transfer target for AC Milan
Cue mbappe getting an improved contract before Chelsea or Man U buy him for £40m.
Sessengnon going to Liverpool, Chelsea, Woolwich ( one of them being his boyhood club) or Red Bulll Leipzeg
Sissoko nowhere.

Can't help but feel we need an experienced guy in there. Like a Gudjohnsen, who came in on no doubt low wages compares to what a Ibrahimovic would demand, come in as someone who has won things, a calming influence and one willing to bring his experience and expertise to the squad.

I still remember how good he was and feel he was a key part in us getting top four that year. I still remember our home win over Woolwich, our first in 10+ years. Woolwich were dominating is at the end, we brought Gudjohnsen on and the composure he provided was outstanding.

Fuck the improved contracts and gangster or oil monies, we want players who want to play for the shirt and to learn under Poch!

Supposedly after Maguire from Hull, solid player imo

Wouldn't surprise me if it's lazy journalism having read the suggestion on this very site.

Always seems to be the tactic they employ to get clicks/sell papers - suggest a transfer fans might be interested in, regardless of truth.

Isco available aged 25 ready to go under Poch?
Well if rumours are to be believed, we've been enquiring about him for a year or so. If he wants out of Real, and is sold on Poch's plans, then fantastic.

If he isn't interested, I'd rather we drop it. Don't want an Ozil-style situation where the player can't really be fucked, and was coerced to come to the new team.

Don't care if it's against Belgian farmers. At 19, with both feet, this is talent.

You can't scout a player based on 30 yard screamers in the Belgian league. That would be the first thing to disappear in the premier league with better defending and closing down.

Really think we need a summer overhaul with the current squad we have to really push on. Poch has something great now with this 3 at the back formation so i really think he should stick with it, just like Chelski are doing, and start working on the squad based on that formation. Our squad this season is good but some players are clearly not suited to our style of play.

Players who should be sold.

Ben Davies = Just not suited to the wing back formation sadly. A good premier league left back but just not for us

Moussa Sissoko
= i think he's a decent player that gets unfairly criticised but he just does not suit our style of play.

Erik Lamela = Again a good player but i really think he can be upgraded for a player that is more creative and more of a direct dribbler type (similar to Mane). Lets also not forget that before this 'injury' Lamela was actually playing poorly for a while.

Vincent Janssen = Not the type of striker we need. Does not offer the necessary qualities needed to be a dependable understudy for Kane.

Those 4 i would definitely shift. Of course there are other players in danger of being sold (notably Wimmer and Son) who Poch might be willing to let go but i would stick with them as they are good squad players who offer something.
If we work on shifting the first 4 and actually get a quality:
1) Attacking midfielder that can actually run with the ball and create.

2) Forward that has the qualities needed to back up/rotate/partner Kane

3) left back/wing back that can cover Rose

A lot to fight for this season so all is not lost but even if we achieve our goals of getting into the CL again we need to be cut throat this summer. No more last minute panic buys.

Son - good player with scope to improve. Quick and direct with a decent strike on him. 11 goals, not bad considering the opportunities he's been given.

Lamela - selling would be a big nono unless he really was that homesick but his tough tackling/technical style of play is fantastic giving fullbacks plenty of cover. Alot of the time he is our heartbeat and the guy who rallies the troops.

Just disagree with pretty much most of what you said.

Main priority for me is another CB and a Striker. I don't think Janssen is going to cut it, Benteke could be worh a look? Scored goals everywhere he's been even in poor sides like Palace & Villa. Not sure about the CB, CCV isnt ready to step in yet IMO so I think we'd have to sign someone.
Adding another couple of creative players would be nice, Zaha would flourish under Poch IMO and someone like Tielemans could put pressure on Eriksen.
Sack off Sissoko and Davies, try to replace the latter with Sessegnon but that might be difficult then bobs your uncle we win the league!

You can't scout a player based on 30 yard screamers in the Belgian league. That would be the first thing to disappear in the premier league with better defending and closing down.

Oh I agree but it shows that he's technically capable of playing at a higher level. I think he's the sort of signing Spurs have built their recent foundations and success on and would be happy with the signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom