Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don`t think he will go back to BVB like Sahin and Kagawa did . I hope he sees out his contract and comes for free next summer :levylol:

Currently a way to go with the negotiation.

Bayern want €27m, whilst Dortmund have offered €23m

Even though we have no interest, that sort of figure isn't out of our realms of possibility? Wages being the main sticking point. However if we're entertaining the idea of Wijnaldum for £25m I know which player I'd rather sign.

He did look good in that game, before he also became a fat mess. Soon rectified that issue with the signing of lithe Berbatov and his languid style. The days when ENIC signed off on strikers....

Sheringham, (Postiga oops forgot him), Keano, Defoe, Kanoute, (Rasiak), Mido, El Hamdoui, Berbatov.

Then it went a bit down hill from....

2007 Bent,
2008 Pav, Campbell
2009 (Defoe and Keane) again :defoe::keane:
2009 Crouch (actually a success):crouch:
2012 Adebayor (patches of success, his loan period was :adethumbup:)
2013 Soldado:soldadowatch:

Hopefully leading to, successful

:kaneear:

2016 Janssen
Maybe Pav was not as successful as we hoped, but he was not a failure.
Maybe that is true for Bent as well, though I am not so sure about him. His style was all wrong for Spurs.

Maybe Pav was not as successful as we hoped, but he was not a failure.
Maybe that is true for Bent as well, though I am not so sure about him. His style was all wrong for Spurs.

Pav did have a glorious shot at times. Wasn't sad when he left though.

Signing Darren Bent (what was Comolli thinking?) was also a bit odd when we had Keane, Berbatov and Defoe. Especially as it also led to us selling Defoe to Pompey, was genuinely gutted when he rocked up down there at 22.30pm on deadline day.

Pav did have a glorious shot at times. Wasn't sad when he left though.

Signing Darren Bent (what was Comolli thinking?) was also a bit odd when we had Keane, Berbatov and Defoe. Especially as it also led to us selling Defoe to Pompey, was genuinely gutted when he rocked up down there at 22.30pm on deadline day.
Although when we'd beaten Roma 5-0 in preseason and bent had scored in every game I was thinking the guy was van basten. Then the season started.

Although when we'd beaten Roma 5-0 in preseason and bent had scored in every game I was thinking the guy was van basten. Then the season started.

I wanted Bent to work out as he was a local lad from this here parts and he was mates with some guys I used to work with and they all thought he was sound. He was just a limited type of player that really never suited the way we wanted to play.

Saw the same mistakes again when we signed Soldado, lovely guy who we'd all love as a mate. However the way he played just does not suit our style of football.

Dortmund is still his hometown, his family is there, and he knows he can succeed in the Bundesliga so there's no adjustment period to a different league. The only real concern for him is the fans, who really seem to hate his guts.

He's actually from Bavaria originally, but yes - his family now lives in Dortmund where his father teaches. Pretty sure his brother is still at Bayern, or at least was at some point recently.

I don't get why he's going back to BVB honestly, but I'm not sure what other option he really has either. He won't be one of Bayern's stars it appears and there's no other high profile club in Germany he can play for other than Dortmund (if he went to Schalke ... hoooo boy, that would be BAD).

He and Reus are tight though, and they play exceptionally well together and BVB needs a #10. Maybe it will truly work out. We'll see.

Sky sources reported in June that Alex Pritchard had been put up for sale for £8m, while experienced centre-back Federico Fazio, who went on loan to Sevilla last season, is almost certain to leave. The futures of second-choice goalkeeper Michel Vorm and forward Nacer Chadli are also far from certain, while midfielder Tom Carroll appears surplus to requirements after Wanyama's arrival, and only has a year left on his current contract.

Pritchard is a bit fat.
Sell! Bring in Juanfran.

1445549218_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

According to the Beeb gossip page, Bayern have agreed a fee for £19m fucking hell that is cheap considering the supposed calibre of player, albeit in his last year. Then you see the crazy figures banded about for Joe Average in the Premier League.

Sky sources reported in June that Alex Pritchard had been put up for sale for £8m, while experienced centre-back Federico Fazio, who went on loan to Sevilla last season, is almost certain to leave. The futures of second-choice goalkeeper Michel Vorm and forward Nacer Chadli are also far from certain, while midfielder Tom Carroll appears surplus to requirements after Wanyama's arrival, and only has a year left on his current contract.

Sounds about right for all concerned.

Hoping that in particular Pritchard is given a single season to challenge, though

According to the Beeb gossip page, Bayern have agreed a fee for £19m fucking hell that is cheap considering the supposed calibre of player, albeit in his last year. Then you see the crazy figures banded about for Joe Average in the Premier League.
There's a Premier League price, and a price for the rest of Europe. The smartest clubs in England are the ones who can make the difference between the two prices as small as possible.

Gotze will go for 20 or less. He isn't wanted and he is wanted off of the wage bill. They sell him now for cheap £15-25 million, or lose another 5 million in wages for a player they won't be playing who then fucks off for free at the end of the season.

I know which one Levy would do. And I doubt their chairman is a moron.

We could sell mason to finance it :sonlol:

Back
Top Bottom