Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It'll turn out to be a smoke for........errrmmmmm.......I'll go with James Rodriguez :llorishuh: :pochserious2:

:levyeyes:

Not really, but no matter where anyone stands on whether it was ever actually remotely on, this one seemed to have more traction than most of the random 300 names, we'll linked with this summer. So even if he's off home to Dortmund, it shows that we're likely to be looking for an AM :levystare:

Whether there was anything there to the rumour. It just seemed like an excellent fit for the player, club and board. A getable genuine superstar with a point to prove and cheap and young enough to take a gamble on. He's gone for the soft option of returning to Dortmund, shame as he could properly rebuilt his reputation with us.

Does anybody have an idea of Boufal's injury situation?

I don't, however I do know he certainly looks 'less fat' when compared to Gotze.

joie-sofiane-boufal---02-10-2015--lille---montpellier--9eme-journee-de-ligue-1-20151003134148-1386.jpg

hi-res-165370183_crop_north.jpg

Götze is off, BVB is getting him. Cant really understand him - if he fails there, his career is basically over and why are Dortmund still doing business with Bayern?
Dortmund is still his hometown, his family is there, and he knows he can succeed in the Bundesliga so there's no adjustment period to a different league. The only real concern for him is the fans, who really seem to hate his guts.

It'll turn out to be a smoke for........errrmmmmm.......I'll go with James Rodriguez :llorishuh: :pochserious2:

:levyeyes:

Not really, but no matter where anyone stands on whether it was ever actually remotely on, this one seemed to have more traction than most of the random 300 names, we'll linked with this summer. So even if he's off home to Dortmund, it shows that we're likely to be looking for an AM :levystare:

I'm sorry, but the only 'traction' here was wishful thinking from spurs fans.

We were never going to sign him.

Ha, my first Spurs game that was. I thought Mido was going to be the best player in the world

He did look good in that game, before he also became a fat mess. Soon rectified that issue with the signing of lithe Berbatov and his languid style. The days when ENIC signed off on strikers....

Sheringham, (Postiga oops forgot him), Keano, Defoe, Kanoute, (Rasiak), Mido, El Hamdoui, Berbatov.

Then it went a bit down hill from....

2007 Bent,
2008 Pav, Campbell
2009 (Defoe and Keane) again :defoe::keane:
2009 Crouch (actually a success):crouch:
2012 Adebayor (patches of success, his loan period was :adethumbup:)
2013 Soldado:soldadowatch:

Hopefully leading to, successful

:kaneear:

2016 Janssen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom