Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd like him, but the way he's playing at the moment he isn't. He wouldn't last 1 Poch session, never mind 2.
iR40aA.gif

N'Koudou has more talent and pace than Sterling, is more skillful than Sturridge or Wellbeck and more evasive to tackle than Rashford (though he is older, i will give you that). This kid could, just could be what Poch was looking for in Son and or Clinton but i feel can deliver at this level.

A stunning buy of it comes off.
You don't sell used cars do you?

For the life of me, I still don't understand why so many supporters are caught up in the Sissoko transfer fee. If you didn't rate him fine, I get that but it's like so many are accountants on here telling the club how to spend their money. It's not your fucking money!

Surely the club has an amount of money each season they are willing to spend on transfers, whether they hit that amount or not it doesn't affect the supporters. The club is making a boatload of money and the only tangible way the supporters reap the benefits is by getting new players to help us on the pitch.

Like I said when the day comes when the club gives each supporter money back for what they didn't spend on a transfer not going through is when I will give a fuck about what they pay to bring in a player.

Now fucking get behind Sissoko he's now one of us Jesus christ

According to Paul O Keefe he was demanding a ridiculous wage and Poch didn't want to disrupt the squad.

But obviously it must be Levy's fault all the time, Chelski offer him £150,000 per week, we should offer £500,000 per week because Spurs. If not Levy is the worst thing to happen to this football club.

People on Spurs Community are idiots, and most of the people on here are fucking Drongo's

Just because we haven't bought a fancy name doesn't mean Poch isn't being backed, it's just you cunts that aren't being backed.

Looking at posts from over a year ago, thank fuck none of you are in charge of this club.

I disagree with that.
If u say a current player wont make it then people do get quite moody.
A lot wont ever say a player should leave.
Look at the uproar if u dare to suggest son wont make it & was a waste of a lot of ££.

It seems unless they have been given 5 years or are fazio, then we should keep everyone & give them lots of time.
Until poch gets rid of someone & they suddenly change their mind.
I spent the whole of last summer, alone, defending Erik Lamela. The whole board, to a man, wanted rid. So people do pipe up about getting rid.

Carroll, Mason, Fazio are all unanimously (Mason less so) thought of as dispensable.

The same logic for Lamela needs to be applied to Son. You know why? Because Son has a similar history of success to Lamela pre-Spurs (probably better) and in a tougher league.

Don't be such a drama queen with that 5 years thing. It's common sense you don't bring in a foreign player, give him one season, then sell him because he's underwhelming.

The Premier League has been riddled with players who were crap to start then flourished. Didier Drogba for one.

It's not that Poch has got rid of them that they change their mind, it's that they are no longer Spurs players that they no longer care. Pretty simple concept.

I'll defend Son, just like I defended Lamela. He was a good player at Bayer, he was a good player at Hamburg. He had an ok year with us, certainly better than Lamela's first.

''Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.''

Do not give up on Son. It's short-termist and utter bollocks.

If he has a shite season next year, then I'll discuss it. But one season in a new league is fucking ridiculous and small time.

If it turns out that the only incoming are Janssen and Wanyama, how would you rate the transfer window?
"Underwhelming" is the term I would use.
Not for me. Our first 11 is the 3rd best team in the country, which happens to be the youngest in the country, so plenty of scope for them to improve.

Poch only works with a small squad, so it's about addressing the quality of the 2nd 11 and the youth. The two biggest areas that we needed to address (DM & CF) have been addressed, Wanyama is a brilliant piece of business (worked under Poch before, Prem & CL experience), haven't seen Janssen play before but everything I have read about him also ticks the boxes for fit.

Possible areas of further improvement would be a touch of raw pace up front, may be that is NKoudou??? Another area might be another 10 type player at the level to Lamela/Erikssen but that is assuming that Onomah etc isn't quite ready yet???

Given how high profile/big money transfers have worked out for us and other teams I for one couldn't give two fucks if they are a big name/value. I have a growing confidence in the players we a) bring in for peanuts (Alli, Dier, Wimmer) b) Having seen our kids perform so well against Atletico & 2nd half vs Juve I would rather 1/2/3 of these lads make a name for himself in this squad. I have never felt more connected to a squad of players than this lot since I was a kid in the 80's. I love what we are doing and want to see more of it. This is in stark contrast to a team of players I have never felt so remote from before Poch arrived.

This squad is envied by every "big" team in the League. All I heard last year were complaints from the other sides that they wanted to bring their youth through, how shit their big signings were. The Woolwich big money signings that have come in and done OK (Ozil, Sanchez, Chech) haven't moved their club forward.

Most of our recent signings have moved the club forward, even better than that the mistakes we have made we have cut loose with no hesitation (Fazio, Stambouli, N'je).

Final thing for me is, how the existing squad all want to be here, not one player pushing for a move, NOT ONE!

I was merely trying to help you. It's ok, I understand your initial lurch for rejection. It's a difficult thing to come to terms with.

I live in an occupied country. It's not easy. One's identity is an unstable idea anyway, even without such political complications.

I hope you find some way out of your situation, perhaps by better understanding your condition. You are not The Last Norwegian. There will be others like you - a life lost in the wilderness of an erstwhile oppression. Some oppressions take on the guise of emotional dependency; it's cruel but natural. You can get through it my friend. Work to transcend the lie that is your 'life'.

The sin bin button will only delay the inevitable.

You're not funny.

Back
Top Bottom