Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The more I see of Batshuayi's transfer to Chelsea the more it annoys me. Surely he'd of learned something from Lukaku's time there.

It's all money.. 'I don't care that I'm not playing weekly and being able to enjoy my football because I'm getting £30k more than I could of if I wanted to play weekly.' It's that attitude that annoys me.

Talking about melting/no rush. The facts as I see it are that we had 11 players on International duty and we do not know if they will start the season firing on all cylinders. Dembele and Vertonghan are our. Kane started badly last season and may take time again to get going. Son is on Olympic duty.
We have consistently started the season badly due to late transfer dealing. The likes of Mason, Carroll and Bentelob do not know if they will be at the club, sold or sent on loan.
The target for new players has to be pre season training date. Players bought after that date will not have a Poch pre season and will take much longer to settle. Not sure what date pre season is but we need a new striker to be bought by that date.
We cannot afford another poor season start and another Berhinho situation still going on at the end of August.

Icardi to Spurs the biggest bit of bollocks so far . . We can't even sign a striker , someone for under 20 million let alone nearer 40 . We usually only sign 12 year olds . Only chance if Kane is off but after his worn out display in the Euros , he's staying .

Why have a player visit the club, see the training facilities and fuck about with the fee. I don't want to melt but it's deja vu all over again with Levy.

Media now saying Madrid turning attention to Lloris. Cunts.

Also just as likely to be the payment structure as the amount.
I'd guess that PSG would hand it over in one go, probably in loose change.

Simple then we match PSG fee job done, over to you Levy.

:levyeyes:

Why have a player visit the club, see the training facilities and fuck about with the fee. I don't want to melt but it's deja vu all over again with Levy.

This isn't melting. It's absolutely spot on. We've sold the club & Poch's philosophy to the player. Nobody would have wasted their time doing that if we weren't deadly serious about signing him. We should just pay up for the player(s) Poch wants. He has earned the right to add to his squad in a way that allows a sustained tilt at the title & compete in the cups. Poch ain't feckless, nor is he going to put us in the red.

I'm refusing to read into the media too much at the moment, as I do believe we will sign Janssen.

But there's a part inside of me that is screaming at Levy to get it done. It may be total bollocks from the media, but Levy has done this before. As exciting and achieving as last season was, the last few games left a sour taste in our mouth. We need to get a striker in.

I assume you don't know who Steve Stammers is (the one who "broke" the story). Steve Stammers wrote the official biography of the scum. He also "broke" last year another "exclusive" about Lloris going to Utd. (that went well), he has been writing bullshit about Spurs for 30yrs! I doubt too that you have actually read the "exclusive" that he wrote because if you did you would notice that the only thing that he says in it is, and this is a direct quote "But if a club with the profile of Real come calling, Lloris could well be tempted to listen". In the entire piece that sentence is the only reference made about him going to Madrid and their interest in him, the rest of it tells us that Lloris is very happy at Spurs and is enjoying working with Poch. It also states that the we have Lloris with 3 years left on his contract and are actively negotiating a new one. It also very kindly goes on to tell us about Madrid and that they won the CL and are a big club, just in case we had them confused with Accrington Stanley.

The levy sympathisers have no excuse on this one if we miss out on Jansen. This happens every single transfer window and still Daniel Levy dosen't learn. It hasn't surprised me one bit that PSG are interested and I knew this would happen. If reports are true and Jansen would rather us than psg then brilliant but levy haggling over a few bloody million will end up ruining the deal and he will go odd elsewhere. Get this done levy you bald tight cunt!!!!!!

This isn't melting. It's absolutely spot on. We've sold the club & Poch's philosophy to the player. Nobody would have wasted their time doing that if we weren't deadly serious about signing him. We should just pay up for the player(s) Poch wants. He has earned the right to add to his squad in a way that allows a sustained tilt at the title & compete in the cups. Poch ain't feckless, nor is he going to put us in the red.

The thing is though, the anti-Levy people keep taking rumoured asking prices as truth. To me knowledge, there's be no official word as to what AZ would indeed accept. They might have said 35m for all we know.

Back
Top Bottom