Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sky Sports:

"£5M FOR YEDLIN?

Tottenham are demanding £5m for their United States right-back DeAndre Yedlin, who spent last season on loan at Sunderland according to the Daily Star on Sunday.

However, the paper reports that it's too high of a fee for the Black Cats, who are beginning to look at other defensive options in the position."

Who else could you get with that age and potential for <£5m??
Yedlin is far from being a player with quality to play for us imo. Not even at Naughton«s level

If we do get £5,000,000 for Yedlin id be amazed and praise Levy for that bit of business.

Yedlin was always signed on a marketing level but to get profit from it would be incredible.

Yedlin is far from being a player with quality to play for us imo. Not even at Naughton«s level

Wasn't suggesting that, but he's still got a lot of potential imo - perhaps even to do an opp-Rose or a Bale and switch to the wing.

If you look at the market, there's very little available in terms of 22 year old international footballers - not to mention a commercial aspect.

Urgh, I know the Batshuayi move to Chelsea has been on the cards for a week now, but it's still kinda gross to see it happen.

Probably as a reminder of the infallibility of the big clubs, no matter how shit they perform the previous year, while also highlighting our lack of striker signing (yet).

Fucking football.
Got no time for those filthy monied pricks, don't care what they do next season.
Batshuayi on the other hand, hope his next shit is a hedgehog :pritchardeyes:

The Sun suggest Hull are going to pay £10m for Mason.

:levylol::levylol::levylol:

£10m for a player that doesn't even have a smiley on TFC :pritchardeyes:
I'd bite their hand off. Getting Wanyama for £11,000,000 and selling Mason for £10,000,000 would be outstanding business.

Might be a good deal for both. Let's be fair Mason is not a DM he should be competing with Eriksen or Alli for a spot not covering Dier or Dembele, he is not strong or quick enough.

If Hull need a reasonable AM or number 10 type player Mason could be a good deal for them, he is probably surplus to requirements for us but things are different for Hull.

What about Vietto?

He looked incredible on Villarreal, does not have a lot of space in Atletico and Simeone is still looking for one more striker.

Probably cheaper than Icardi/Lacazette but a bit more expensive than Janssen I suppose.

Got no time for those filthy monied pricks, don't care what they do next season.
Batshuayi on the other hand, hope his next shit is a hedgehog :pritchardeyes:
Indeed.

To clarify, backing off that transfer seems to have been the most logical move for Spurs.

Potentially wasting £150k a week on a player (if it doesn't work out) is normal business for Chelsea, but would potentially ruin our infrastructure.

Edit: also, after their respective Euros - fuck Belgians, I want Italians.
:pochohshit:

The more I see of Batshuayi's transfer to Chelsea the more it annoys me. Surely he'd of learned something from Lukaku's time there.

It's all money.. 'I don't care that I'm not playing weekly and being able to enjoy my football because I'm getting £30k more than I could of if I wanted to play weekly.' It's that attitude that annoys me.

Really not trying to be a dick, but your boss must absolutely fucking love you.

"Those guys over at Sprockets B offered Gatsby Gatsby double the money and a 4 day work week, but the good boy told them to fuck off - he wants to enjoy his sprocket making."

The amount of money in football is obscene, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still a job - and a very short term one at that. Bats can go to hell, but I do get so tired of people having a moan about footballers choosing this club or that "for an extra £30k a week" as if they'd just turn the money down and play for free.

Really not trying to be a dick, but your boss must absolutely fucking love you.

"Those guys over at Sprockets B offered Gatsby Gatsby double the money and a 4 day work week, but the good boy told them to fuck off - he wants to enjoy his sprocket making."

The amount of money in football is obscene, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still a job - and a very short term one at that. Bats can go to hell, but I do get so tired of people having a moan about footballers choosing this club or that "for an extra £30k a week" as if they'd just turn the money down and play for free.

Whilst that is true, you have to ensure an upward trajectory in order to get to the point where you're a Bale, Rooney, Ronaldo or Messi - in terms of earnings.

Ask Lukaku how his career path stalled - same as Torres, Remy, Ba, Moses, Cuadrado, Marin and a few of the other guys chelsea signed, left to rot, and ended up in the Turkish league on loan or permanently at age 27.

Back
Top Bottom